Madame Vengier Posted May 13, 2008 Posted May 13, 2008 [quote name='Alycin' post='1526148' date='May 12 2008, 05:27 PM']People aren't trash. Her clothes are trashy, no doubt, but how can you call another human being trash?[/quote] Alycin, I wouldn't want you to drown in a river of tears so if it pleases you I will amend my statement to: She was looking and acting like gutter trash. And where were you when your buddy Deb up there was calling Americans "greedy selfish pigs" a few weeks ago? Human beings aren't pigs, are they? I suppose you conveniently missed that.
let_go_let_God Posted May 13, 2008 Posted May 13, 2008 I hope that she realizes what kind of statement she was making by wearing that dress. I may God bless her and help her make better decisions. God bless- LGLG
Alycin Posted May 13, 2008 Posted May 13, 2008 (edited) [quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1526303' date='May 12 2008, 08:41 PM']Alycin, I wouldn't want you to drown in a river of tears so if it pleases you I will amend my statement to: She was looking and acting like gutter trash. And where were you when your buddy Deb up there was calling Americans "greedy selfish pigs" a few weeks ago? Human beings aren't pigs, are they? I suppose you conveniently missed that.[/quote] Actually I did read it, but only after it was closed. Human beings are not trash. I think we can agree on that. ETA: or pigs, for that matter, but some humans CAN be selfish and greedy. Calling someone else selfish and/or greedy is not the same as calling someone trash. Trash is thrown away because it is viewed as worthless. Human beings are never worthless, but they can be greedy and/or selfish. Edited May 13, 2008 by Alycin
Lil Red Posted May 13, 2008 Author Posted May 13, 2008 [quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1526303' date='May 12 2008, 06:41 PM']She was looking and acting like gutter trash.[/quote] +J.M.J.+ agreed.
Lil Red Posted May 13, 2008 Author Posted May 13, 2008 [quote name='Alycin' post='1526309' date='May 12 2008, 06:45 PM']Human beings are not trash. I think we can agree on that.[/quote] +J.M.J.+ agreed.
Madame Vengier Posted May 13, 2008 Posted May 13, 2008 [quote name='Alycin' post='1526309' date='May 12 2008, 07:45 PM']Actually I did read it, but only after it was closed. Human beings are not trash. I think we can agree on that. ETA: or pigs, for that matter, but some humans CAN be selfish and greedy. Calling someone else selfish and/or greedy is not the same as calling someone trash. Trash is thrown away because it is viewed as worthless. Human beings are never worthless, but they can be greedy and/or selfish.[/quote] I think you know I was making an issue of the "pigs" part, which you so skillfully brushed past on your way to over-reaching with the selfish and greedy part. And NO ONE has the right to judge the entire people of a nation as to whether they are greedy or selfish. Let alone call them pigs.
Lil Red Posted May 13, 2008 Author Posted May 13, 2008 +J.M.J.+ okay, let's not drudge up something, okay.
Alycin Posted May 13, 2008 Posted May 13, 2008 [quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1526332' date='May 12 2008, 09:00 PM']And NO ONE has the right to judge the entire people of a nation as to whether they are greedy or selfish. Let alone call them pigs.[/quote] Agreed. [quote name='Lil Red' post='1526335' date='May 12 2008, 09:02 PM']+J.M.J.+ okay, let's not drudge up something, okay.[/quote] Agreed. Threads are closed for reasons.
Madame Vengier Posted May 13, 2008 Posted May 13, 2008 [quote name='Lil Red' post='1526335' date='May 12 2008, 08:02 PM']+J.M.J.+ okay, let's not drudge up something, okay.[/quote] I just wanted to make a point.
HisChildForever Posted May 13, 2008 Posted May 13, 2008 My question is... What clothing company would make a prom dress like that?
rachael Posted May 13, 2008 Posted May 13, 2008 [quote name='HisChildForever' post='1526379' date='May 12 2008, 09:27 PM']My question is... What clothing company would make a prom dress like that? [/quote] I think it was custom made.
HisChildForever Posted May 13, 2008 Posted May 13, 2008 [quote name='rachael' post='1526396' date='May 12 2008, 10:33 PM']I think it was custom made.[/quote] Oh dear.
Norseman82 Posted May 13, 2008 Posted May 13, 2008 (edited) Before we get up in arms over the whole "oh, it's not nice to call humans x", please keep in mind that the Bible often uses unflattering language. I just looked in my concordance and found two references in the New Testament where people are called dogs, and in Semitic societies that is a MAJOR insult. Edited May 13, 2008 by Norseman82
Lil Red Posted May 13, 2008 Author Posted May 13, 2008 [quote name='rachael' post='1526396' date='May 12 2008, 07:33 PM']I think it was custom made.[/quote] +J.M.J.+ she should get her money back
Alycin Posted May 13, 2008 Posted May 13, 2008 [quote name='Norseman82' post='1526477' date='May 12 2008, 10:02 PM']Before we get up in arms over the whole "oh, it's not nice to call humans x", please keep in mind that the Bible often uses unflattering language. I just looked in my concordance and found two references in the New Testament where people are called dogs, and in Semitic societies that is a MAJOR insult.[/quote] Did Jesus say it? If so, Jesus, being perfect, would be the only person that has that right. Anyone else saying it? They are sinners, too, and make mistakes. Something being in the bible doesn't make it right.
Lil Red Posted May 13, 2008 Author Posted May 13, 2008 +J.M.J.+ oh Lord, people please. can we not drudge up an argument from a thread that was closed [b]for good reason?[/b]
Alycin Posted May 13, 2008 Posted May 13, 2008 [quote name='Lil Red' post='1526738' date='May 13 2008, 12:11 AM']+J.M.J.+ oh Lord, people please. can we not drudge up an argument from a thread that was closed [b]for good reason?[/b][/quote] I didn't realize that the closed thread had the same argument. Sorry.
jeffpugh Posted May 13, 2008 Posted May 13, 2008 Well, I gotta say "poor girl". Our society will end our species and beaver dam our souls if we don't start making a change in this world... Modesty all the way!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now