An Old School Catholic Message Board

Mcid

Starets

[quote name='Staretz' date='01 September 2009 - 02:19 PM' timestamp='1251829192' post='1959446']
Breaking radio silence to announce that I will be making my First Profession on Saturday October 3. I don't expect anyone will be able to make it, but I thought I would announce it nonetheless.
[/quote]

Wow, it just seems like yesterday when you entered! Wonderful!

[quote name='stlmom' date='01 September 2009 - 05:17 PM' timestamp='1251839860' post='1959536']
Wow, it just seems like yesterday when you entered! Wonderful!
[/quote]

Yes, time has flown! Congrats and God Bless!

[quote name='Staretz' date='01 September 2009 - 02:19 PM' timestamp='1251829192' post='1959446']
Breaking radio silence to announce that I will be making my First Profession on Saturday October 3. I don't expect anyone will be able to make it, but I thought I would announce it nonetheless.
[/quote]

Congratulations!! Blessings and prayers for you.

[quote name='Staretz' date='01 September 2009 - 03:19 PM' timestamp='1251829192' post='1959446']
[/quote]

WOW! I agree with all who have said "time flies". What great news, Br. Bruno. Congratulations and God Bless you and your community.

Pax
osap

Thank you for all the well wishing. I have noticed that monastic time moves very slowly. It seem like I have been here for a few years now and not a little under a year and a half.

[quote name='Staretz' date='02 September 2009 - 12:41 PM' timestamp='1251920486' post='1959939']
Thank you for all the well wishing. I have noticed that monastic time moves very slowly. It seem like I have been here for a few years now and not a little under a year and a half.
[/quote]

Oh I just saw this! It would only take me 8 hours to get there! LOL Do you have a local Holiday Inn? ;)

Congratulations on your profession. If I'm not able to make it, I'll of course keep you in prayer on this solemn and joyful occasion.

[quote name='HisChild' date='03 September 2009 - 09:28 AM' timestamp='1251988116' post='1960319']
Oh I just saw this! It would only take me 8 hours to get there! LOL Do you have a local Holiday Inn? ;)

Congratulations on your profession. If I'm not able to make it, I'll of course keep you in prayer on this solemn and joyful occasion.
[/quote]
Wekll, theres probvably a few in Albuquerque and Santa Fe. Santa Fe is closer though it is still a 2 hour drive.Fly to Albuquerque, take a shuttle service (or the Railrunner communter train) to Santa Fe and rent a 4x4 to take you the rest of the way. Or stay at the Hotel Chama (our guest house) aznd we'll even feed you as part of the price :)

Anyway its Dessert Day and I need to go for a prayerful anbd meditative hike

• 2 weeks later...

I will see if I'm able to get there. If I come I would have to drive. And I have a small, very well trained dog, but I would have to find a hotel where I could bring her as there's no one here to care for her when I leave. Regardless, I will offer up my Mass that day for you. God bless you.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I am now Simply Professed as of Saturday. Not only that, today is my Name Day. HisChild did indeed make it. It turned out to be a bit longer of a drive than she though. It was great to meet her. I gave her a tour of the property. I think its safe to say that she found it spiritually refreshing.

Oh, and I had a letter from Sr. Mary Adelina of the Sacred Heart, whom you knew of as Stacey on Phatmass. She is at Tyburn now, and was able to enter the Noviciate six weeks after her arrival.

Just thought I would pop my head in.

[quote name='Staretz' date='06 October 2009 - 01:15 PM' timestamp='1254845721' post='1979162']
Well, I am now Simply Professed as of Saturday. Not only that, today is my Name Day. HisChild did indeed make it. It turned out to be a bit longer of a drive than she though. It was great to meet her. I gave her a tour of the property. I think its safe to say that she found it spiritually refreshing.

Oh, and I had a letter from Sr. Mary Adelina of the Sacred Heart, whom you knew of as Stacey on Phatmass. She is at Tyburn now, and was able to enter the Noviciate six weeks after her arrival.

[/quote]

Congratulations and Happy Feast Day!!

[quote name='Staretz' date='06 October 2009 - 01:15 PM' timestamp='1254845721' post='1979162']

[/quote]

YIPPIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

Congratulations Brother Bruno on your 1st profession! Wonderful feast day of St. Francis (well, on the day before or the Transitus, I think).

BTW -- one of my favorite brothers from the community I was with is Brother Bruno :-).