An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Want To Scream

prose

I am aware these are all minor, and that many people have it much worse, but I just feel like complaining. So, humor me.

1. House is a mess.
2. Chad missed a dentist appointment (third time), and our dentist has kindly asked us no longer to make appts with
them.
3. Kids seem to be up a lot at night.
4. Anna seems to have an ear infection.
5. Something happened to my knee and it hurts like heck to straighten my leg.
6. I have PMS out the yin yang
7. Did I mention my house is a mess
8. Youth group parents seem to not own watches and can't pick their kids up on time
9. my car is a disaster
10. My kids are grumpy as all get out
11. I have been late for work every day this week
12. Hubby is having a bad week and his reaction is to be alone when he is grumpy, which smells of elderberries cuz mine is to be around him, so we both get more grumpy
13. money woahs smell of elderberries
14. It is going to take the rest of my life to clean my house
15. I didn't lock up the church right after youth group by mistake and now the custodian is threatening to quit because of it (long story)
16. I want desperately to spend more quality time with my kids, but there never seems to be enough hours in the day or enough energy in me.

Sigh.

I just feel pissy.

sigh.

Maybe I should go spend some time in the chapel today

Ash Wednesday

I hear you. I've been having a hard time lately, too. I'll be praying for you. Pray for me, too :)

It's funny because I am fully aware of how minor all these things are, but they feel major to me.

[quote name='prose' post='1529485' date='May 15 2008, 01:03 PM']6. I have PMS out the yin yang[/quote]
I'd be worried if you had it someplace else.

[quote name='prose' post='1529485' date='May 15 2008, 11:03 AM']I am aware these are all minor, and that many people have it much worse, but I just feel like complaining. So, humor me.

1. House is a mess.
2. Chad missed a dentist appointment (third time), and our dentist has kindly asked us no longer to make appts with
them.
3. Kids seem to be up a lot at night.
4. Anna seems to have an ear infection.
5. Something happened to my knee and it hurts like heck to straighten my leg.
6. I have PMS out the yin yang
7. Did I mention my house is a mess
8. Youth group parents seem to not own watches and can't pick their kids up on time
9. my car is a disaster
10. My kids are grumpy as all get out
11. I have been late for work every day this week
12. Hubby is having a bad week and his reaction is to be alone when he is grumpy, which smells of elderberries cuz mine is to be around him, so we both get more grumpy
13. money woahs smell of elderberries
14. It is going to take the rest of my life to clean my house
15. I didn't lock up the church right after youth group by mistake and now the custodian is threatening to quit because of it (long story)
16. I want desperately to spend more quality time with my kids, but there never seems to be enough hours in the day or enough energy in me.

Sigh.

I just feel pissy.

sigh.

Maybe I should go spend some time in the chapel today[/quote]
+J.M.J.+
:console: i'm sorry! i will pray for you! and i definitely think you should go spend time in chapel. honestly, i found out that spending time in prayer doesn't take away from the time i need to do other things, but adds! :)

Archaeology cat

[quote name='prose' post='1529491' date='May 15 2008, 06:11 PM']It's funny because I am fully aware of how minor all these things are, but they feel major to me.[/quote]
But they add up, don't they? At least that's what I find. I'll pray for you, and I understand, because I can relate to a few of these things.

[quote name='Lil Red' post='1529539' date='May 15 2008, 06:46 PM']+J.M.J.+
honestly, i found out that spending time in prayer doesn't take away from the time i need to do other things, but adds! :)[/quote]
Our Archbishop was saying that a couple of Sundays back, in his pastoral letter. It's very cool how that works. :)

:witch:

CatherineM

Just because you don't have a bone sticking out someplace doesn't mean that your worries are minor. Put enough straws on a camel's back, and you're gonna get a flattened camel. I have a bad knee, and it gets worse at certain times of the month. They have found that when women tear their ACL's in their knees, it is usually around ovulation time. The hormonal changes makes the ligament more brittle or something. When my knee has locked up like that so it wouldn't straighten, it turned out to be torn cartilage once, and a loose body in their another time. Don't know whose body it was, but it was in the wrong place. When it is bursitis or water in there, it won't bend rather than not straighten. You can also get gout in your knee. You haven't been eating a lot of organ meats like brain or pancreas have you?

Seriously, life can literally smell of elderberries the life out of us at times. Being a working mom must be one of the hardest jobs ever invented. Just surviving it is a testament to your faith and stamina. All you can do is what you can do, and your family isn't going to die if the house is dirty. If they did, half of our families would be gone right now too. Just remember to take time to breathe and to pray. The best gift you can give your kids is a healthy mom, not a clean house or car.

Well, I have bursitis, but that certainly is not it. This is in the [i]back[/i] of my knee and feels like a tendon or a muscle thing.

Gah.

CatherineM

A ruptured knee tendon will keep you from being able to straighten your leg, but if you'd done that, I'd think you would have noticed immediately. Make time for the doctor. I go to Dr. Gregg.

We will see how it feels later... Seems less sore tonight (but I took some ibuprophen)...

CatherineM

Isn't it amazing how things seem to start feeling better the second someone mentions going to a doctor. Everytime my husband wants to drag me to one, my fever breaks, my back quits hurting, or I magically stop throwing up.