An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Want To Scream

prose

Archaeology cat

[quote name='prose' post='1529704' date='May 15 2008, 09:04 PM']Well, I have bursitis, but that certainly is not it. This is in the [i]back[/i] of my knee and feels like a tendon or a muscle thing.

Gah.[/quote]
The back of your knee, eh? Hmm, I don't have as much experience with that (I have bad knees). It does help to slee with a pillow under the knee, and do some light stretches, but other than that, I can't really say.

JP2Iloveyou

I was playing a pick up game of basketball at my seminary once, and it was getting pretty competitive. Anyway, I'm out on the wing, and a guy throws up a shot, so I say to myself, "I can go up and dunk this off the rebound!" (First mistake!) So, I run up, miss the ball, but grab the rim and hang there for a second, which I've done many times. I let go and get set to run down the floor to play defense, when I land wrong, and I immediately knew that I hurt something in my knee. So, I take myself out of the game and ice it for a few days. (This is right around Christmas time a couple of years ago). As the days go by, nothing is getting better. It feels like all I need to do is pop it back in place, but nothing works. So I'm driving home with another guy from my diocese for the holiday and he asks me if I want to see his dad who is an orthopedic surgeon. I say that that is probably a good idea. So, a couple days later, I'm in his dad's office getting my knee scoped and my miniscus cut out. Afterwards, the doctor tells me that he thinks I tore my miniscus many years earlier and wonders if I've always had knee problems. (The answer is yes, since my freshman year of high school, nearly ten years prior). Anyway, long story short, it was a lot of money to have this done, but my knee has never felt better.

Moral of the story...if it keeps hurting, get it checked out.

cathoholic_anonymous

"Any fool can cope in a crisis. It's everyday living that wears you out."

I forget who said it, but it's true. :console: I hope you're feeling better soon.

[quote name='prose' post='1530310' date='May 16 2008, 11:42 AM']Well, for now I am taking Ibuprophen again.[/quote]

try putting a heat pack on your knee. It should help relieve some of the pain