An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Need To Go To Rome.

Veritas

Archaeology cat

I really want to go back to Rome now that I'm Catholic. One of these days it'll happen.

[quote name='Justin86' post='1535952' date='May 21 2008, 09:26 AM']I'll be sure to go to Rome one day. Not while I'm in the Navy though.[/quote]

Does the US Navy have any installations in Italy? I know the Army has an Airborne detachment there... *prays that if he makes Airborne, will be stationed in Italy*.

They have one in Sicily that I know of. Back to back overseas duty stations don't really happen for sailors in my rank though, and I honestly wouldn't be interested even if they offered. I'm ready to live in the States again.

Edited by Justin86

Archaeology cat

[quote name='Justin86' post='1535975' date='May 21 2008, 01:39 PM']They have one in Sicily that I know of. Back to back overseas duty stations don't really happen for sailors in my rank though, and I honestly wouldn't be interested even if they offered. I'm ready to live in the States again.[/quote]
How much longer do you have in Okinawa?

[quote name='Justin86' post='1535975' date='May 21 2008, 07:39 AM']They have one in Sicily that I know of. Back to back overseas duty stations don't really happen for sailors in my rank though, and I honestly wouldn't be interested even if they offered. I'm ready to live in the States again.[/quote]
when i was in the service i was itchin' to get an overseas assignment.

[quote name='icelandic_iceskater' post='1536043' date='May 21 2008, 11:45 PM']You're in Okinawa?!? Do you happen to know the Atchkinsons? (sp)[/quote]
Nope.

CatherineM

Someone in my son's boot camp class ended up in Sicily. It's amazing what you can find out about your kids when they have you take care of their cell phone bills. His bills sure got interesting after joining the Navy. They sent him to Portsmouth after training. I think because he was so young. After that tour he went to a frigate. He liked that much better.

[quote name='Paladin D' post='1535970' date='May 21 2008, 08:36 AM']Does the US Navy have any installations in Italy? I know the Army has an Airborne detachment there... *prays that if he makes Airborne, will be stationed in Italy*.[/quote]

Not sure if they do. I know the Navy has stations in Spain. My sis was stationed there for about 8 months. She loved it.