An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Need To Go To Rome.

Veritas

Galloglasses

I went to Rome, then put a penny in that fountain thingy and promised not to return till i'm married. Which isn't likely to happen.

CURSE MY FRIVILOUS YOUTHFUL COIN TOSSING >=[

Archaeology cat

[quote name='Justin86' post='1535999' date='May 21 2008, 02:12 PM']I rotate off the island March of 2009. I'm trying to get Quantico for my next duty station.[/quote]
Is that close to your home? I mean, it's obviously closer than you are now. :)

I sooooo want to go to Rome. I do have a friend who said she could probably trade a week of one of her timeshares for a week in Rome and maybe only cost us each $100 for the lodging. I have 37,000 miles on NWA sooooo......only problem is she will want to go all over and I will want to spend the week at the Vatican or the churches and of course Mass every day. Maybe I could not tell her that until we got there. :)

Archaeology cat

[quote name='Deb' post='1536231' date='May 21 2008, 06:51 PM']I sooooo want to go to Rome. I do have a friend who said she could probably trade a week of one of her timeshares for a week in Rome and maybe only cost us each $100 for the lodging. I have 37,000 miles on NWA sooooo......only problem is she will want to go all over and I will want to spend the week at the Vatican or the churches and of course Mass every day. Maybe I could not tell her that until we got there. :)[/quote]
When I go back I want to spend much more time at the Vatican. I was so confused last time. It was the Feast of the Immaculate Conception, and I was at the Spanish Steps. I could see a procession, and I saw JPII in his popemobile from a distance, but I didn't know what was going on until I got home!

CatherineM

My husband got to go to Rome in '96 for a private audience. He keeps talking about wanting to go back, but I don't like to fly. I'm not sure I want to meet the pope. I could just see myself passing out of something. I'd probably curtsy at the wrong time, and bang heads or something.

let_go_let_God

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1536369' date='May 21 2008, 03:20 PM']My husband got to go to Rome in '96 for a private audience. He keeps talking about wanting to go back, but I don't like to fly. I'm not sure I want to meet the pope. I could just see myself passing out of something. I'd probably curtsy at the wrong time, and bang heads or something.[/quote]

You're supposed to curtsy? Oh dear, I would probably fall over and knock the Pope over. :sadder:

God bless-
LGLG

[quote name='let_go_let_God' post='1536446' date='May 21 2008, 04:26 PM']You're supposed to curtsy? Oh dear, I would probably fall over and knock the Pope over. :sadder:

God bless-
LGLG[/quote]

lol curtsies aren't that hard lol I fo a kind of curtsy/bow before receiving communion

Edited by StColette

Archaeology cat

[quote name='fides quarens intellectum' post='1536362' date='May 21 2008, 08:14 PM']lucky![/quote]
I just wish I'd known what was going on - though I was glad to see JPII. :D

JM + JT

[quote name='Galloglasses' post='1536153' date='May 21 2008, 12:59 PM']I went to Rome, then put a penny in that fountain thingy and promised not to return till i'm married. Which isn't likely to happen.

CURSE MY FRIVILOUS YOUTHFUL COIN TOSSING >=[[/quote]
When my family and I got to the Trevi Fountain, I was the only one who remembered to toss in a coin. But not wanting to be accused of superstition, I didn't tell anyone. My mother did notice, but didn't make anything of it until it was too late. They're all jealous now.

Apparently I'm the only one going back. Hmm... I wonder what that means... :saint:

[quote name='Archaeology cat' post='1536361' date='May 21 2008, 03:14 PM']When I go back I want to spend much more time at the Vatican. I was so confused last time. It was the Feast of the Immaculate Conception, and I was at the Spanish Steps. I could see a procession, and I saw JPII in his popemobile from a distance, but I didn't know what was going on until I got home![/quote]
We arrived on a Wednesday at 12 am. By the time we woke up, ate breakfast, and made it into the city, the general audience was over. :( I never saw [i]il papa, Benedetto[/i]. But one day I will. :cool:

Edited by salterrae

[quote name='Archaeology cat' post='1536195' date='May 22 2008, 03:29 AM']Is that close to your home? I mean, it's obviously closer than you are now. :)[/quote]
It's about an hour or two from where my parents live, yes.