Roamin Catholic Posted May 23, 2008 Posted May 23, 2008 so, this morning I received an email from my school informing me that a class I needed was canceled... usually not a big deal. But I need to take this class in the summer in order to graduate, since its not offered any other time of the year. So, yea now I'm scrambling to fix my schedule so that I can graduate in December.....Looks like my week is going to be filled with numerous petitions to different deans....Yea!! Oh, and my fiancee is freaking out cause if I have to stay here an extra semester, we are going to have a lot of difficulties in completing our marriage prep stuff. Prayers would be much appreciated right now.
Justin86 Posted May 23, 2008 Posted May 23, 2008 haha, I read the titled of this thread and was like, "Who would Miss Scripture possibly want to kill?" Prayers coming your way.
Roamin Catholic Posted May 23, 2008 Author Posted May 23, 2008 This is actually MissScripture, right now, fyi [quote name='rachael' post='1538541' date='May 23 2008, 09:27 AM']the title of the thread scared me. prayers.[/quote] Thank you...and it scares me too, but probably for different reason. I don't really want to go to jail, but they'd better not screw up my wedding! [quote name='Justin86' post='1538549' date='May 23 2008, 09:32 AM']haha, I read the titled of this thread and was like, "Who would Miss Scripture possibly want to kill?" Prayers coming your way.[/quote] Messing with a girls wedding plans is enough to make any girl want to kill someone! Thank you everyone for the prayers.
Roamin Catholic Posted May 23, 2008 Author Posted May 23, 2008 [quote name='Roamin_Catholic' post='1538564' date='May 23 2008, 09:39 AM']This is actually MissScripture, right now, fyi[/quote]
StColette Posted May 23, 2008 Posted May 23, 2008 Prayers! If you can't fix your schedule, speak with the Prof. who was going to teach that class. Most schools have it worked out where if it is a matter of you graduating they will allow the Prof. to give you private instruction. It costs a little extra, but it's worth it. I almost had to do this with my French Int. classes. There weren't enough people signed up and it would have meant Micah and I could not get married until a semester after we had planned for. As for marriage prep stuff. Talk with your priest who is marrying you. In cases where there is distance between the two people getting married, which makes precana classes etc. difficult, the priests are always pretty understanding. The priest who was going to marry Micah and I, we had to switch short notice due to the priest's health, wanted to have phone conferences with the two of us. I also had to make a trip down to LA, where Micah was and where we were getting married, while I was still at FUS. A quick few days and meetings with the priest and we were all set. Don't stress, but please do speak with your priest if it is going to be difficult to go with the already planned out marriage prep.
HisChildForever Posted May 23, 2008 Posted May 23, 2008 Oh gosh, I know all about colleges messing up...I am waging my fist at the registrar for still neglecting my transfer credits. I have been at my school for three semesters (spent one somewhere else) and they really can't get it straight. It's interferred with registering and scholarships. PLUS, I've had to call my old school and have them send the transcript twice, and then two more times where I personally delivered it both times and yet.... So major prayers!
rachael Posted May 23, 2008 Posted May 23, 2008 i'm still waiting for my financial aid. my payments for summer classes were due monday.
Roamin Catholic Posted May 23, 2008 Author Posted May 23, 2008 its actually kinda humorous, at my school (University of Tennessee) The school doing something stupid to the students happens so often that there is a name for it "the big orange screw" even my therapist at the school asked me if I had gotten it yet.
Justin86 Posted May 23, 2008 Posted May 23, 2008 I have no clue who anyone on phatmass is anymore. Hell, I don't even know who I am anymore.
Archaeology cat Posted May 23, 2008 Posted May 23, 2008 [quote name='Roamin_Catholic' post='1538564' date='May 23 2008, 03:39 PM']Messing with a girls wedding plans is enough to make any girl want to kill someone![/quote] Yep. Prayers coming your way - I understand how you feel. But do talk to the priest, as I'm sure he'll be understanding & something can be worked out.
Roamin Catholic Posted May 23, 2008 Author Posted May 23, 2008 [quote name='Archaeology cat' post='1538639' date='May 23 2008, 10:34 AM']Yep. Prayers coming your way - I understand how you feel. But do talk to the priest, as I'm sure he'll be understanding & something can be worked out.[/quote] we are still hoping my schedule can be fixed, and I'll move up as planned.... but we can only pray and write angry emails and start calling deans and department heads
Justin86 Posted May 23, 2008 Posted May 23, 2008 [quote name='Archaeology cat' post='1538639' date='May 24 2008, 01:34 AM']Yep. Prayers coming your way - I understand how you feel. But do talk to the priest, as I'm sure he'll be understanding & something can be worked out.[/quote] Lemme guess. You're really kujo?
Lil Red Posted May 23, 2008 Posted May 23, 2008 [quote name='Roamin_Catholic' post='1538644' date='May 23 2008, 09:37 AM']we are still hoping my schedule can be fixed, and I'll move up as planned.... but we can only pray and write angry emails and start calling deans and department heads[/quote] +J.M.J.+ i really hope things get worked out, but writing angry emails might put people off i know if i got an angry email, i'd be less than likely to move my butt.
Adrestia Posted May 23, 2008 Posted May 23, 2008 This might sound ridiculous, but your parents might have more pull. I had serious issues during my junior year of college. My complaints had no effect whatsoever. After my mom called, they fixed the problem right away and sent me a $50 gift certificate to the bookstore with an apology. When I was in grad school, an undergrad in my lab also used her parents as leverage when fighting the administration. Good luck! prayers on the way.
Roamin Catholic Posted May 23, 2008 Author Posted May 23, 2008 [quote name='Lil Red' post='1538729' date='May 23 2008, 11:40 AM']+J.M.J.+ i really hope things get worked out, but writing angry emails might put people off i know if i got an angry email, i'd be less than likely to move my butt.[/quote] they havn't been angry yet... only in my thoughts, I do pretty well with not letting my anger translate to my e-mails...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now