Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

Posted

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1556817' date='Jun 3 2008, 11:42 PM']Bush isn't running for office this year.[/quote]

Really? What's this I keep hearing about a 3rd Bush term? :crazy: :unsure: :wacko:

CatherineM
Posted

Maybe McCain will pick Jeb as a running mate.

Posted

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1556833' date='Jun 3 2008, 11:49 PM']Maybe McCain will pick Jeb as a running mate.[/quote]

Do you think he [b]wants[/b] to lose?

Autumn Dusk
Posted

[quote name='kenrockthefirst' post='1555893' date='Jun 3 2008, 09:42 AM']Dude, that's the point! Bush has positioned himself as the "guy you'd like to have a beer with." That's nonsense. He's as elitist and spoiled as the latte-sipping, Volvo-driving, sushi-eating, body piercing-having folks derided by conservatives. His faux Texas accent - "nucular," anyone - and his "brush clearing" notwithstanding, Bush is a member of the moneyed class [i]par excellence[/i], and has enjoyed all the benefits appertaining to such a position. He hasn't done or achieved anything that wasn't bought and paid for by daddy.[/quote]

Ummmm....dosn't he have a ecologically friendly self-sustaining ranch? That he's had for decades in texas? Sure he's wealthy, but texas is hardly a state of poor people.

Posted

[quote name='Autumn Dusk' post='1557124' date='Jun 4 2008, 08:36 AM']Ummmm....dosn't he have a ecologically friendly self-sustaining ranch? That he's had for decades in texas? Sure he's wealthy, but texas is hardly a state of poor people.[/quote]

Texas is huge. There are poor people and rich people and everything in between here.

Posted

[quote name='Alycin' post='1557150' date='Jun 4 2008, 11:02 PM']Texas is huge.[/quote]
But Alycin, we've already talked about this.

[img]http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc131/justin86_bucket/tx_fake_ms_448.jpg[/img]

Posted

[quote name='Justin86' post='1557171' date='Jun 4 2008, 09:22 AM']But Alycin, we've already talked about this.[/quote]


:rolleyes:

Sorry, but this doesn't really matter when we are talking about population.

Texas population: about 24 million
Alaska population: about 670 thousand.

kenrockthefirst
Posted

[quote name='Socrates' post='1556719' date='Jun 3 2008, 08:52 PM']Um, yeah - politicians are a bunch of rich guys. Any other startling insights you wish to share with us?

And how Bush pronounces "nuclear" or whether he likes to clear brush are irrelevant to anything. And, personally, I'd rather have a beer with Bush than with Gore or Kerry (or Obama, for that matter), but that's neither here nor there.
And all politicians, Republican and Dem alike, play the "populist" game, so I'm not really sure what your point is.[/quote]
This is my point:
[quote]Ever notice the most liberal among us always build careers off of others and never do they achieve anything themselves? What has Hillary ever done? Barrack Obama is nothing more than a black man running for the White House, and what did Bill Clinton do again that was ultimately his doing (other than interns of course)?[/quote]
Bush was born with a silver spoon in his mouth. Bush's persona is a fraud. Bush has accomplished nothing in his life, failed at everything, and has had to be repeatedly bailed out by daddy. I guess that makes him a "liberal."

MissScripture
Posted

[quote name='Alycin' post='1557189' date='Jun 4 2008, 08:43 AM']:rolleyes:

Sorry, but this doesn't really matter when we are talking about population.

Texas population: about 24 million
Alaska population: about 670 thousand.[/quote]
And 24 is less than 670! SO THERE! :P (and just so everyone knows YES, I AM KIDDING!)

Posted

[quote name='MissScripture' post='1557925' date='Jun 4 2008, 06:12 PM']And 24 is less than 670! SO THERE! :P (and just so everyone knows YES, I AM KIDDING!)[/quote]

:P

It's funny, I never said anything, ever, about Texas being bigger or better, but Justin once said to me, "Alaska can swallow Texas whole!!" and I was just kinda like... Okay? Point? lol...

that's why I posted what I did.

Posted

And one more thing, what's with all the references to having a beer with Bush? Isn't he a recovering alcoholic? Or did he fall off the wagon again?

Posted (edited)

[quote name='kenrockthefirst' post='1557841' date='Jun 4 2008, 03:32 PM']This is my point:

Bush was born with a silver spoon in his mouth. Bush's persona is a fraud. Bush has accomplished nothing in his life, failed at everything, and has had to be repeatedly bailed out by daddy. I guess that makes him a "liberal."[/quote]
In other words, just a mindless anti-Bush rant.
One could easily substitute "Gore," "Kerry," or "Obama" for "Bush," and have just as much of a point.

I'm sorry, but I'm still not pining for a Gore or Kerry presidency. Get over it.

Edited by Socrates
Posted

[quote name='Alycin' post='1557189' date='Jun 4 2008, 11:43 PM']:rolleyes:

Sorry, but this doesn't really matter when we are talking about population.[/quote]
Who said I was debating?

[quote name='kenrockthefirst' post='1557841' date='Jun 5 2008, 06:32 AM']Bush was born with a silver spoon in his mouth. Bush's persona is a fraud. Bush has accomplished nothing in his life, failed at everything, and has had to be repeatedly bailed out by daddy. I guess that makes him a "liberal."[/quote]
The only thing Bush got "from his daddy", one could argue, is a degree from Yale. Last time I checked not everyone with a degree from Yale goes onto become Governors and Presidents with specific things that for better or worse, he can say he's responsible for. Bush is an accomplished man. I'm not his biggest fan by any means, but he does have an accomplished, although very controversial, political career that he built for himself. Get over it.

As for his persona that's really no place for you to judge. If you had any real life experience with managers who were "born rich" (so to speak), and those who built themselves from the bottom up you would know that often times it's the other way around. Unfortunately, those who built their careers from the bottom frequently forget where they come from and feel that because they were once poor they deserve everything. They often are the ones who trample on their underlings. Stuff like this happens in the military all the time with officers who were prior enlisted.

Of course there are those who were born rich that are jerks about it, but it certainly isn't all of them. Just like not everyone who built a career from the bottom up is wonderful either.

kenrockthefirst
Posted

[quote name='Socrates' post='1558666' date='Jun 4 2008, 09:16 PM']In other words, just a mindless anti-Bush rant.
One could easily substitute "Gore," "Kerry," or "Obama" for "Bush," and have just as much of a point.

I'm sorry, but I'm still not pining for a Gore or Kerry presidency. Get over it.[/quote]
No, an anti-"liberal" rant jujitsued to show how it equally applies to Bush, and how your opposition to the former and support for the latter are inexplicable.

"Get over it."

Posted

[quote name='kenrockthefirst' post='1559332' date='Jun 5 2008, 10:41 PM']"Get over it."[/quote]
Once again a liberal shows orginality. :rolleyes:

kenrockthefirst
Posted

[quote name='Justin86' post='1559339' date='Jun 5 2008, 08:02 AM']Once again a liberal shows orginality. :rolleyes:[/quote]
Touché.

Or was that too French. :saint:

Posted

i think its called "turning the enemies knife against himself" how unoriginal that you stabbed him with the same blade he was trying to stab you with! :)

what the people here are saying about Bush is not so that you all think bush is the worst but to refute the earlier statement "liberals feed off personal connections". both sides do, they have been showing examples of the conservative equivalent. it doesnt make much sense when you say "George Bush isnt 100% conservative, so he doesnt rep the conservatives". no one is, neither is anyone 100% liberal. not even hillary or obama, yet they still represent the liberal party

CatherineM
Posted

Are there any actual poor people in the Senate? You know, someone who was born in the projects, lived in a trailer with rusting cars in the backyard, or grew up in a boat people refugee camp? Maybe in Congress, but I'm betting no one in the Senate is still paying student loans off.

Posted

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1559892' date='Jun 5 2008, 03:43 PM']Are there any actual poor people in the Senate? You know, someone who was born in the projects, lived in a trailer with rusting cars in the backyard, or grew up in a boat people refugee camp? Maybe in Congress, but I'm betting no one in the Senate is still paying student loans off.[/quote]


I agree :))

Posted

[quote name='Justin86' post='1559339' date='Jun 5 2008, 09:02 AM']Once again a liberal shows orginality. :rolleyes:[/quote]


I find this extremely funny since you said "get over it" in your post right after socrates! hahahah.

:P

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...