An Old School Catholic Message Board

Should Pope John Paul Ii Be Canonized?

Saint_Gemma_Galgani

The canonization of Pope John Paul II  

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='goldenchild17' post='1554067' date='Jun 2 2008, 03:06 AM']me. because the OP didn't ask why. just asked yes or no. And I already got out all the rebellion I can muster in the lame board thread. I don't have the "stones" to have a mod yell at me, which is what explaining my answer would result in :mellow:[/quote]

Thank you. I would be the first person to defend you if a mod started yelling at you for giving your opinion. But, if you would rather not suffer the inconvenience, would you mind PMing me? I'd really like to know your views. And I apologize if my "stones" comment was rude.

I voted null vote because I won't be verifying the miracles.

You don't get canonized just for being holy.

[quote name='kujo' post='1554525' date='Jun 2 2008, 01:05 PM']Thank you. I would be the first person to defend you if a mod started yelling at you for giving your opinion. But, if you would rather not suffer the inconvenience, would you mind PMing me? I'd really like to know your views. And I apologize if my "stones" comment was rude.[/quote]
+J.M.J.+
God bless you, kujo. i'm sure goldenchild is referring to the [url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?act=boardrules"]phorum guideline[/url] about Catholic vs. Catholic debate.
[quote]Catholic vs Catholic Debate
A post or comment that results in doctrinal debates that might cause scandal among the faithful. *Effective immediately, any negative criticism of religious or the current Magisterium will result in deletion, and a warning from the moderators. This includes but is not limited to criticism of the Novus Ordo mass and/or our Holy Father.[/quote]
d.USt has instituted a strict ban on the trad/modernist talk. the reasoning behind this being that he doesn't think it is good for phatmass to have those debates here, since we do have younger members that may not be grounded enough in their faith to be able to tell where the 'line' is, so to speak.

[quote name='Lil Red' post='1554689' date='Jun 2 2008, 05:21 PM']+J.M.J.+
God bless you, kujo. i'm sure goldenchild is referring to the [url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?act=boardrules"]phorum guideline[/url] about Catholic vs. Catholic debate.

d.USt has instituted a strict ban on the trad/modernist talk. the reasoning behind this being that he doesn't think it is good for phatmass to have those debates here, since we do have younger members that may not be grounded enough in their faith to be able to tell where the 'line' is, so to speak.[/quote]

Oh. :blush: Can we have this debate via PM? Or would it be best to take it completely off the site?

[quote name='kujo' post='1554694' date='Jun 2 2008, 02:25 PM']Oh. :blush: Can we have this debate via PM? Or would it be best to take it completely off the site?[/quote]
+J.M.J.+
if you'd like to talk with goldenchild about it via PM, i have no problem with it, as it is private, but not sure if goldenchild does have pm capabilities. so you might have to take it to emails. :) God bless you. :)

[quote name='Lil Red' post='1554709' date='Jun 2 2008, 05:32 PM']+J.M.J.+
if you'd like to talk with goldenchild about it via PM, i have no problem with it, as it is private, but not sure if goldenchild does have pm capabilities. so you might have to take it to emails. :) God bless you. :)[/quote]

K. Thanks. :)

goldenchild17

[quote name='kujo' post='1554525' date='Jun 2 2008, 02:05 PM']Thank you. I would be the first person to defend you if a mod started yelling at you for giving your opinion. But, if you would rather not suffer the inconvenience, would you mind PMing me?[/quote]
I'd be glad to, but I don't have that privilege on this board. Things like that and the inability to email others, comes with the property :smokey:. If you want, either you can contact me by email (should be in my profile). Otherwise Sacred Music Man's got a small forum where we are somewhat discussing some of the different ideas. We don't have anything really organized, but I can give a basic rundown of my belief there if you want:

[color="red"]Warning: The link is a forum with theological discussions, and some posts argue against the Church. --Era Might[/color] [url="http://z11.invisionfree.com/OGame_L33t_Aliance/"]http://z11.invisionfree.com/OGame_L33t_Aliance/[/url]

[quote name='kujo' post='1554525' date='Jun 2 2008, 02:05 PM']I'd really like to know your views. And I apologize if my "stones" comment was rude.[/quote]

nah, no worries. I kinda liked it. In a weird sorta way.

goldenchild17

[quote name='Lil Red' post='1554689' date='Jun 2 2008, 03:21 PM']+J.M.J.+

d.USt has instituted a strict ban on the trad/modernist talk. the reasoning behind this being that he doesn't think it is good for phatmass to have those debates here, since we do have younger members that may not be grounded enough in their faith to be able to tell where the 'line' is, so to speak.[/quote]

werd. there are other mediums for discussing it. Just let me know how you want to do it and I'm game.

[quote name='goldenchild17' post='1554868' date='Jun 2 2008, 07:21 PM']I'd be glad to, but I don't have that privilege on this board. Things like that and the inability to email others, comes with the property :smokey:. If you want, either you can contact me by email (should be in my profile). Otherwise Sacred Music Man's got a small forum where we are somewhat discussing some of the different ideas. We don't have anything really organized, but I can give a basic rundown of my belief there if you want:

[color="red"]Warning: The link is a forum with theological discussions, and some posts argue against the Church. --Era Might[/color] [url="http://z11.invisionfree.com/OGame_L33t_Aliance/"]http://z11.invisionfree.com/OGame_L33t_Aliance/[/url]
nah, no worries. I kinda liked it. In a weird sorta way.[/quote]

Email would work. Do you have AIM? If so, you can grab me on there at KujoisCatholic.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='goldenchild17' post='1554067' date='Jun 2 2008, 03:06 AM']me. because the OP didn't ask why. just asked yes or no. And I already got out all the rebellion I can muster in the lame board thread. I don't have the "stones" to have a mod yell at me, which is what explaining my answer would result in :mellow:[/quote]
You are perfectly free to disagree about the canonization of John Paul the Great. I have you on Sts Jude and Anthonys lists. :D

mommas_boy

[quote name='Saint_Gemma_Galgani' post='1553196' date='Jun 1 2008, 07:02 PM']Should Pope John Paul II be canonized?[/quote]

Pope Saint John Paul the Great (that sounds so awesome) has already been canonized in the hearts and minds of the people. Now we simply await the inevitable confirmation from Rome.

I seriously want to name one of my kids after him. And another one Louis de Montfort. And another one Maximilian Kolbe. And another one Joseph. And another one Peter Paul. And another one Therese Liseux. And another one Francis Claire. And another one Gianna Mulla. And another one ... ... ...

[quote name='mommas_boy' post='1554928' date='Jun 2 2008, 07:54 PM']Pope Saint John Paul the Great (that sounds so awesome) has already been canonized in the hearts and minds of the people. Now we simply await the inevitable confirmation from Rome.

I seriously want to name one of my kids after him. And another one Louis de Montfort. And another one Maximilian Kolbe. And another one Joseph. And another one Peter Paul. And another one Therese Liseux. And another one Francis Claire. And another one Gianna Mulla. And another one ... ... ...[/quote]

Sounds like quite the Catholic family, dude.

I'd like a John Paul, a William Francis, a Mary Faith, and a Cecilia Therese...

goldenchild17

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1554907' date='Jun 2 2008, 05:46 PM']You are perfectly free to disagree about the canonization of John Paul the Great. I have you on Sts Jude and Anthonys lists. :D[/quote]

I know, but it's the why of it that I can't go into. and thanks :).

goldenchild17

[quote name='kujo' post='1554898' date='Jun 2 2008, 05:42 PM']Email would work. Do you have AIM? If so, you can grab me on there at KujoisCatholic.[/quote]

yeah, if I don't get you on there first my email is adminATcrownofmartyrsDOTcom