dUSt Posted June 3, 2008 Posted June 3, 2008 I'll start with my list. 1. Our Father 2. Haily Mary 3. Act of Contrition 4. St Michael Archangel 5. Glory Be 6. Divine Mercy 7. St Francis of Assisi 8. Memorare 9. Grace before meals 10. Jesus Prayer
CatherineM Posted June 3, 2008 Posted June 3, 2008 Our Father Hail Mary Glory Be act of contrition Memorare universal prayer St. Patrick's St. Francis' Gaelic commendation of the dead any thing out of the book, Prayers for the Servants of God
Nunsense Posted June 3, 2008 Posted June 3, 2008 This list is only in order according to how many times a day I say each prayer. This means that the Act of Contrition doesn't make it (I only go to confession once every two weeks) but the I Confess does! Since I say the Rosary daily, all of these prayers are recited a lot, but some of them I say separately as well... Our Father Hail Mary Glory Be Salve Regina Angelus Veni Sancti St Michael Memorare Jesus Prayer I Confess lots of others - just don't have room in the top ten
The Bus Station Posted June 3, 2008 Posted June 3, 2008 Agree with everyone above, plus: St. Joseph Novena St. Anthony St. Gertrude
salterrae Posted June 3, 2008 Posted June 3, 2008 JM + JT I guess it's sort of in order of importance: [list=1] [*]The Holy Sacrifice of the Mass ( ) [*]Glory Be [*]Te Deum [*]Our Father [*]Angelus [*]Hail, Mary [*]Salve Regina [*]Memorare [*]Act of Contrition [*]St. Michael [/list]
fides quarens intellectum Posted June 4, 2008 Posted June 4, 2008 1. Come, Holy Spirit 2. Canticle of Simeon 3. St. Michael 4. The Ultima 5. Litany of the Sacred Heart of Jesus 6. Te Deum 7. Glory Be 8. Memorare 9. Our Father 10. Act of Contrition
TeresaBenedicta Posted June 5, 2008 Posted June 5, 2008 1. The Holy Sacrifice of the Mass 2. The Liturgy of the Hours 3. Our Father 4. The Rosary 5. The Sign of the Cross 6. The Stations of the Cross 7. The Act of Contrition 8. Canticle of Zacariah 9. Divine Mercy Chaplet 10. O Mary Conceived without sin... pray for us who have recourse to thee
djninja2005 Posted June 6, 2008 Posted June 6, 2008 It's hard to list them all in order, because they are all of great importance.
Lil Red Posted June 6, 2008 Posted June 6, 2008 +J.M.J.+ in no order: Mass LOTH rosary those are my favs edit: ooo, Litany of Humility!!
franciscanheart Posted June 6, 2008 Posted June 6, 2008 1. Mass 2. Liturgy of the Hours (includes Te Deum, Canticle of Mary, Canticle of Zacariah) 3. Rosary (includes Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be, Salve Regina) 4. Divine Mercy Chaplet 5. Angelus 6. Memorare 7. St Michael 8. Acts of Faith, Hope, Love 9. Litany of Humility 10. Divine Praises (only the first two I think are in order of importance... after that it's up for debate!)
missionarybelle Posted June 9, 2008 Posted June 9, 2008 no specific order Our Father Hail Mary Glory Be The Mass Salve Regina Memorare St. Michael Prayer Grace Before Meals Litany of Humility Divine Mercy
djninja2005 Posted June 22, 2008 Posted June 22, 2008 I like the Apostles Creed, because it explains what Catholicism is in a pinch if you are trying to talk to someone about Catholicism. I also like the Rosary, because I know that Mary is with me when I say it.
Ora et Labora Posted June 22, 2008 Posted June 22, 2008 Our Father Hail Mary Hail Holy Queen (my favorite prayer) Memorare The Mass Divine Mercy Chaplet The Rosary St. Michael Prayer Liturgy of the Hours Act of Contrition
Resurrexi Posted June 23, 2008 Posted June 23, 2008 1. Oratio dominica 2. Salutatio angelica 3. Symbolum Apostolorum 4. Doxologia minor 5. Signum crucis 6. Confiteor 7. Actum Fidei 8. Actum Spei 9. Actum Caritatis 10. Actum Contritionis
goldbug16 Posted June 30, 2008 Posted June 30, 2008 1. Our Father 2. Hail Mary 3. Act of Contrition 4. St Michael Archangel 5. Glory Be 6. Divine Mercy 7. Memorare 8. Anima Christi 9. Grace before meals 10. Ave Maria
Proud2BCatholic139 Posted July 5, 2008 Posted July 5, 2008 Mine in my life... The Mass The Rosary The Divine Mercy Chaplet Prayers to the Holy Spirit Prayers to your Guardian Angel St. Gertude Prayer for the Poor Souls in Purgatory Prayers of Saint Bridget St. Michael Prayer Prayers to the Sacred Heart Prayers to the Immaculate Heart Also, I love praying the Novena to St. Joseph and St. Therese the Little Flower I have many more, but I won't list them all.
icelandic_iceskater Posted July 6, 2008 Posted July 6, 2008 my all time fav: Chaplet of Divine Mercy.
theaznguy Posted July 7, 2008 Posted July 7, 2008 i love all the ones posted. but i have to include the prayer on the medal of St. Benedict
Nihil Obstat Posted July 13, 2008 Posted July 13, 2008 I really love the Litany for the Most Precious Blood of Our Lord Jesus Christ
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now