Treehugger Posted July 15, 2008 Posted July 15, 2008 Litany of Humility by Merry Cardinal del Val, secretary of state to Pope Saint Pius X from the prayer book for Jesuits, 1963 O Jesus, meek and humble of heart, Hear me. From the desire of being esteemed, Deliver me, O Jesus. From the desire of being loved, Deliver me, O Jesus. From the desire of being extolled, Deliver me, O Jesus. From the desire of being honored, Deliver me, O Jesus. From the desire of being praised, Deliver me, O Jesus. From the desire of being preferred to others, Deliver me, O Jesus. From the desire of being consulted, Deliver me, O Jesus. From the desire of being approved, Deliver me, O Jesus. From the fear of being humiliated, Deliver me, O Jesus. From the fear of being despised, Deliver me, O Jesus. From the fear of suffering rebukes, Deliver me, O Jesus. From the fear of being calumniated, Deliver me, O Jesus. From the fear of being forgotten, Deliver me, O Jesus. From the fear of being ridiculed, Deliver me, O Jesus. From the fear of being wronged, Deliver me, O Jesus. From the fear of being suspected, Deliver me, O Jesus. That others may be loved more than I, Jesus, grant me the grace to desire it. That others may be esteemed more than I, Jesus, grant me the grace to desire it. That, in the opinion of the world, others may increase and I may decrease, Jesus, grant me the grace to desire it. That others may be chosen and I set aside, Jesus, grant me the grace to desire it. That others may be praised and I go unnoticed, Jesus, grant me the grace to desire it. That others may be preferred to me in everything, Jesus, grant me the grace to desire it. That others may become holier than I, provided that I may become as holy as I should, Jesus, grant me the grace to desire it.
Vincent Vega Posted July 16, 2008 Posted July 16, 2008 [quote name='Treehugger' post='1600494' date='Jul 15 2008, 02:42 PM']Litany of Humility grace to desire it.[/quote] I like that very much.
Selah Posted July 20, 2008 Posted July 20, 2008 1. Glory Be 2. The Rosary 3. The Chaplet of Divine Mercy 4. The Chaplet of Saint Michael 5. St. Michael, Defend Us In Battle 6. The Lord's Prayer 7. Salve Regina (I think that is Hail Holy Queen) 8. The Prayer to Our Lady of Guadalupe 9. The Canticle of Brother Son 10. The Prayer to my Guardian Angel
Domine ut Videam Posted August 14, 2008 Posted August 14, 2008 1. Our Father 2. Hail Mary 3. Glory Be 4. Anima Christi 5. Memorare 6. St. Michael 7. Salve Regina 8. Magnificat 9. Chaplet of DM 10. St. Anthony
johnnydigit Posted September 6, 2008 Posted September 6, 2008 (edited) of course the Rosary and Mass, but these are my personal favorites: St. Gertrude (frees 1000 souls from purgatory) Magnificat (English. My soul magnifies the Lord like Mary.) Magnificat (sung/chanted in Latin, sounds pretty.) Te Deum (sung/chanted in Latin, purty) Benedictus (sung/chanted in Latin, very purty) Adoremus (sung by Poor Clares EWTN, angelic.) O Salutaris (sung in adoration of God, uplifting.) Tantum Ergo (sung in adoration of God, uplifting.) Sanctus (angels sing in adoration of God, all of the above.) Angelus (dunno, i just like it and the gestures for Mary) Confiteor (I confess.. my fault (beat chest). humility.) Lord, I am not worthy to receive you under my roof (by Roman Soldier, ultra humility.) Edited September 6, 2008 by johnnydigit
Seven77 Posted September 23, 2008 Posted September 23, 2008 The Sign of the Cross Roman Catholic Top Ten: 1. Divine liturgy (Confeitior) Gloria, Sanctus) + Office (Benedictus, Magnificat, Zachariah prayer, Te Duum) 2. The Rosary (Glory Be, Our Father, Hail Mary + Fatima prayer) 3. The Creed 4. St. Michael 5. Salve Regina 6. The Angelus 7. Anima Christi 8. Act of Contrition 9. Lectio, Mental Prayer, Contemplation 10. Spiritual Communion if I had more room I would add the Memorare, Divine Mercy Chaplet, Veni Creator and more...
RosaMystica Posted November 7, 2008 Posted November 7, 2008 #1: The Mass Divine Office The Rosary Angelus/Regina Caeli Salve Regina Act of Contrition Lectio Divina Litany of the Sacred Heart Litany of the Blessed Virgin Mary Litany of Humility
jckinsman Posted January 4, 2009 Posted January 4, 2009 (edited) [url="http://www.ewtn.com/Devotionals/Litanies/saints.htm"]http://www.ewtn.com/Devotionals/Litanies/saints.htm[/url] The litany of the Saints Edited January 4, 2009 by jckinsman
Benedicta Posted January 6, 2009 Posted January 6, 2009 no special order: Liturgy of the Hours Divine Mercy Chaplet Rosary Credo Lord I am not worthy... St Patrick's Breastplate Kyrie eleison Alma redemptoris mater Hymnos Akathistos Veni sacnte spiritus
Giolla Posted January 23, 2009 Posted January 23, 2009 Apostle Creed Our Father Hail Mary Glory Be Fatima Prayer (oh my Jesus) Hail Holy Queen Jesus Prayer Suspice of St. Ignatius Consecration to Mary Anima Christi
lost_in_this_world Posted February 22, 2009 Posted February 22, 2009 i dont know about the other 9 but i think the serenity prayer should definitely be on the list. at least its on my top ten
txdinghysailor Posted February 27, 2009 Posted February 27, 2009 Personally I like "Oh God Help Me". I say it alot, during tests, presentations, and when i'm about to do something incredibly stupid or dangerous... lol
rose wrought of iron Posted February 28, 2009 Posted February 28, 2009 The Mass The Apostle's Creed Our Father Hail Mary Glory Be St. Michael prayer "Remember O most Blessed Virgin Mary..." Guardian Angel Prayer Hail Holy Queen St. Francis Prayer
Elijah Posted March 3, 2009 Posted March 3, 2009 Our Father Hail Mary Lectio Divina Litany of Humility Mass Rosary (Especially Sorrowful Mystery) I Confess
Paddington Posted March 13, 2009 Posted March 13, 2009 [quote name='Treehugger' post='1600494' date='Jul 15 2008, 04:42 PM']Litany of Humility by Merry Cardinal del Val, secretary of state to Pope Saint Pius X from the prayer book for Jesuits, 1963 From the desire of being loved, Deliver me, O Jesus.[/quote] I've read this prayer several times and really like it. 'From the desire of being loved, Deliver me, O Jesus' kinda threw me. Is that really something to aim for? I understand the rest of the prayer more or less.
Lil Red Posted March 13, 2009 Posted March 13, 2009 [quote name='Paddington' post='1806007' date='Mar 13 2009, 09:10 AM']I've read this prayer several times and really like it. 'From the desire of being loved, Deliver me, O Jesus' kinda threw me. Is that really something to aim for? I understand the rest of the prayer more or less.[/quote] +J.M.J.+ yes, it is something to aim for. it means you don't worry about putting aside what is Truth to gain someone's love. it means you don't worry about being 'popular' or 'liked'. (for me at least)
Paddington Posted March 13, 2009 Posted March 13, 2009 [quote name='Lil Red' post='1806056' date='Mar 13 2009, 01:58 PM']+J.M.J.+ yes, it is something to aim for. it means you don't worry about putting aside what is Truth to gain someone's love. it means you don't worry about being 'popular' or 'liked'. (for me at least)[/quote] I see said the deaf-mute. Thanks Red.
pat22 Posted April 9, 2009 Posted April 9, 2009 the hail mary is probably the most said catholic prayer
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now