An Old School Catholic Message Board

Death Penalty

rckllnknny

[quote name='kujo' post='1565864' date='Jun 9 2008, 11:41 PM']Are you actually incabable of realizing that we ARE AGREEING THE THERE ARE CIRCUMSTANCES WHERE IT WILL BE NECESSARY TO KEEP SOCIETY SAFE???!?!??!
MUST I SHOUT IT??!?!?!?![/quote]

Shhh. He has a theology degree.

[quote name='Alycin' post='1565856' date='Jun 9 2008, 09:39 PM']I already covered this, where ya been?[/quote]
I am glad that you covered this topic already, since it shows the utter foolishnes of the pope's remarks.

[quote name='Alycin' post='1565865' date='Jun 9 2008, 09:42 PM']Shhh. He has a theology degree.[/quote]
Yes, I have been formally trained in theology. And what are your credentials exactly?

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1565866' date='Jun 9 2008, 11:42 PM']I am glad that you covered this topic already, since it shows the utter foolishnes of the pope's remarks.[/quote]

Your statement exemplifies your foolishness, not the Pope's. You must have misunderstood the Pope.

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1565870' date='Jun 10 2008, 12:43 AM']Yes, I have been formally trained in theology. And what are your credentials exactly?[/quote]

Apparently being able to read the CCC and trust the opinion of a man much smarter than her, me and you. I'm sure your theology degree is cute, though.

Deus te Amat

Are you calling the pope foolish?

Excuse me, sir, but are you saying that you are wiser the Pope? Know more than the Pope? Are you saying that you want to be Pope?

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1565866' date='Jun 10 2008, 12:42 AM']I am glad that you covered this topic already, since it shows the utter foolishnes of the pope's remarks.[/quote]

You better not be dissin' Pope John Paul the Great with that statement.

[quote name='kujo' post='1565864' date='Jun 9 2008, 09:41 PM']Are you actually incabable of realizing that we ARE AGREEING THE THERE ARE CIRCUMSTANCES WHERE IT WILL BE NECESSARY TO KEEP SOCIETY SAFE???!?!??!
MUST I SHOUT IT??!?!?!?![/quote]
Ah, but do we agree? You see I do not accept Pope John Paul II's prudential judgment as relevant. It is up to the State, and not the Church, to determine when the death penalty is used.

I think that you have a more limited view on the use of the death penalty that I have.

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1565870' date='Jun 9 2008, 11:43 PM']Yes, I have been formally trained in theology. And what are your credentials exactly?[/quote]

I submit to the Church and the Holy See.

((and yes, if Pope Benedict XVI makes an official statement declaring that JPII was wrong and that the catechism has one hell of a typo, I will recant.))

Edited by Alycin

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Alycin' post='1565852' date='Jun 9 2008, 10:38 PM']Your interpretation of A&T teaching.[/quote]

As well as Jesus Christ, Mother Church, St. Peter, St. Paul, the Fathers and Doctors of the Church, St. Thomas Aquinas, St. Augustine, Pope Pius XII, Cardinal Ratzinger now Pope Benedict XVI, Cardinal Avery Dulles, Cardinal Bernardin, Romano Amerio as well as many many others through out time.