CrossCuT Posted June 7, 2008 Posted June 7, 2008 [quote name='Proud2BCatholic139' post='1561564' date='Jun 6 2008, 08:58 PM']For me, even if it is to wear religiously, I was told not to because it was sacreligious by my CCD teacher and the parish I attended for CCD is ULTRA conservative. That was the way I just grew up. For that manner, I know this may sound gross, but I carry my Rosary in my bra if I am in a situation like that. Sorry to gross anyone out.[/quote] [size=1]Now I remember why Im your friend Jen!!! [/size]
Proud2BCatholic139 Posted June 7, 2008 Posted June 7, 2008 Man, I wish I was talking to you in person... We would be laughing our heads off right now. I meant that in a joking way, Claire Notermann! Remember, I am sarcastic too. Maybe I should tone it down? I love you! Thank you for laughing at my comments. I am glad I am your friend too.
IrishSalesian Posted June 7, 2008 Posted June 7, 2008 [quote name='TeresaBenedicta' post='1561328' date='Jun 6 2008, 05:46 PM']I found that if you carry the rosary in a small "rosary pouch" that goes in your pocket, they don't tend to break (or at least I haven't experienced a break yet with it).[/quote] Thats what I do. Haven't broken a set of Rosary Beads yet. As for my brothers in formation, they do not use a case yet, and i tend to be the one they come to in order to fix them.
Brigid Posted June 7, 2008 Posted June 7, 2008 [quote name='picchick' post='1561547' date='Jun 6 2008, 08:42 PM']Well that means I have to return the one that matched my shoes [/quote] [quote name='Proud2BCatholic139' post='1561564' date='Jun 6 2008, 08:58 PM']For that manner, I know this may sound gross, but I carry my Rosary in my bra if I am in a situation like that.[/quote] that's amazing. so what do you do if you want to use it? go to the bathroom? I'd always heard that it was wrong to wear it around your neck, but I don't think I've ever heard a reason.
CatherineM Posted June 7, 2008 Posted June 7, 2008 I think some of the reasons for not wearing it around the neck, are that it might be confused with a regular necklace, or it might get broken easier. I can't think of a theological reason.
Archaeology cat Posted June 7, 2008 Posted June 7, 2008 [quote name='TeresaBenedicta' post='1561328' date='Jun 6 2008, 09:46 PM']I found that if you carry the rosary in a small "rosary pouch" that goes in your pocket, they don't tend to break (or at least I haven't experienced a break yet with it).[/quote] I'll have to remember that - thanks!
Chiquitunga Posted June 7, 2008 Posted June 7, 2008 (edited) If I remember, I will wear one at night, and always keep a plastic one in my pocket during the day. There's those breakaway ones (eg, [url="http://www.aquinasandmore.com/index.cfm/title/Army-Wearable-Rosary/FuseAction/store.ItemDetails/SKU/55584/"]here[/url] & [url="http://www.autom.com/product.jsp?path=-1|304477|304483|310739|17714&id=268078"]here[/url]) so it won't choke you or anything if it got caught on something. Here's something from St. Louis de Montfort's [i]Secret of the Rosary[/i], [quote][font="Book Antiqua"][size=3]Blessed Alan relates that a man he knew had tried desperately all kinds of devotions to rid himself of the evil spirit which possessed him, but without success. Finally, he thought of wearing his rosary round his neck, which eased him considerably. He discovered that whenever he took it off the devil tormented him cruelly, so he resolved to wear it night and day. This drove the evil spirit away forever because he could not bear such a terrible chain. Blessed Alan also testifies that he delivered a great number of those who were possessed by putting a rosary around their necks.[/size][/font][/quote] [url="http://www.rosary-center.org/secret.htm"]http://www.rosary-center.org/secret.htm[/url] Edited June 7, 2008 by Margaret Clare
rhetoricfemme Posted June 11, 2008 Author Posted June 11, 2008 [quote name='Proud2BCatholic139' post='1561564' date='Jun 6 2008, 06:58 PM']For that manner, I know this may sound gross, but I carry my Rosary in my bra if I am in a situation like that. Sorry to gross anyone out.[/quote] You're just keeping it closer to your heart!
CatherineM Posted June 11, 2008 Posted June 11, 2008 That might not work for those of us who refuse to wear bras.
rhetoricfemme Posted June 11, 2008 Author Posted June 11, 2008 [quote name='CatherineM' post='1567796' date='Jun 10 2008, 11:00 PM']That might not work for those of us who refuse to wear bras.[/quote] Ah, true liberation. I ended up carrying my rosary in my bag instead of around my neck. The beads are a very pretty medium purple, and my top was fuscia. I just felt too accessorized to be comfortable. Ah well.
CatherineM Posted June 11, 2008 Posted June 11, 2008 I made mine out of brass rose shaped beads. If I wore it around my neck, my neck would turn green.
Apotheoun Posted June 11, 2008 Posted June 11, 2008 [quote name='rhetoricfemme' post='1561239' date='Jun 6 2008, 01:45 PM']I once heard that it's wrong to wear a Rosary as a necklace; is that true?[/quote] I wouldn't worry about it.
Proud2BCatholic139 Posted June 12, 2008 Posted June 12, 2008 (edited) [quote name='CatherineM' post='1567796' date='Jun 11 2008, 12:00 AM']That might not work for those of us who refuse to wear bras.[/quote] Then, just put it in your underwear! j/k. I try to keep it in my hand as long as I can. Edited June 12, 2008 by Proud2BCatholic139
CrossCuT Posted June 12, 2008 Posted June 12, 2008 [quote name='CatherineM' post='1567796' date='Jun 11 2008, 01:00 AM']That might not work for those of us who refuse to wear bras.[/quote]
dustthouart Posted June 13, 2008 Posted June 13, 2008 In my opinion this is one of those "rules" that was created specifically for the purpose of letting some people feel scandalized... like we as Catholics don't have enough actual, important, moral imperatives to worry about. That said, wearing a rosary around your neck COULD scandalize someone, so it's best not to do so around people who might be scandalized. (Even if it's a morally neutral issue, like eating meat, the Bible tells us if it scandalized someone, you shouldn't do it.) I live in Taiwan and no one is scandalized when I wear my rosary around my neck, because 95% do not even know what a rosary is. In fact its beauty and conspicuousness encourages people to ask about it.
disturbedxfairy Posted June 13, 2008 Posted June 13, 2008 they make rosary bracelets also. a friend of mine wears one. i also have a friend that uses the knot rosaries and wraps them around his wrist.
CatholicWing Posted June 14, 2008 Posted June 14, 2008 I think its okay to wear the Rosary around the neck, but i dont think we wear Rosary for Fashion. I hope you wear the Rosay around yours neck because you love the Rosary.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now