Iacobus Posted February 29, 2004 Posted February 29, 2004 It used to be that rich people would give away their money. Gate does have a fund for schools and things like that. Andrew Carangie started the paratice of get all the money you can and than give it way (Go look for a plaque in your nearest libary system that was started between 1870 and 1900). Gates may be an athesit but he still has contact to charitable funds.
Colleen Posted February 29, 2004 Posted February 29, 2004 (edited) Gates may be an athesit but he still has contact to charitable funds. this includes contributions to abortion funds. For example... Edited February 29, 2004 by Colleen
Pio Nono Posted February 29, 2004 Posted February 29, 2004 JMJ 2/29 - First Sunday of Lent Andrew Carnegie may have gotten a lot of money and given much of it away, but that does not permit us to call him a good or even a decent man - Carnegie had no regard for the lives of his employees. He constantly cut safety corners in his factories and also broke unions more than a few times; he made the lives of his employees a living hell. One cannot perform the good through evil activity. Bill Gates may be giving away lots of money to schools and educational foundations, but when he helps fund Planned Parenthood and UNICEF, he cannot be excused.
frozencell Posted February 29, 2004 Posted February 29, 2004 (edited) The best nerds of all time!!! I thought it ingenious the way you could just slide the thing over for the flavors... But, how did some of one flavor always sneak over into the other side??? Edited February 29, 2004 by frozencell
IcePrincessKRS Posted February 29, 2004 Posted February 29, 2004 And how do you end up with a blue Nerd in with your pink and purple ones?
Rebirth flame Posted February 29, 2004 Posted February 29, 2004 the world may never know..... the suspence is killing me... :wall:
God Conquers Posted February 29, 2004 Posted February 29, 2004 Charity is not a measure of how much you give, but how m,uch you have left. Bill Gates is worth $46 billion. He could wipe out the national debt of a small third world country.
Rebirth flame Posted February 29, 2004 Posted February 29, 2004 Charity is not a measure of how much you give, but how m,uch you have left. Bill Gates is worth $46 billion. He could wipe out the national debt of a small third world country. but unfortunately, keeping all that money to himself that he's never gonna use is more important to him... and i don't mean to sound like we should never have money on us because it's evil, or that he doesn't deserve his money, but having alllllll that money and just hoarding it or indulging yourself with it isn't quite right. i believe the Bible passage about the poor Widow who gives to the temple all the money she has is appropriate here... can anyone help me out with the verse #??? :wacko:
Rebirth flame Posted February 29, 2004 Posted February 29, 2004 (edited) wait, i found it!!! Mark 12:42 Luke 21:2 there's alot to learn from that passage... for myself and for others... :D :P Edited February 29, 2004 by Rebirth flame
frozencell Posted February 29, 2004 Posted February 29, 2004 I agree with Rebirth. There's nothing wrong with making a baotload of money every day for the rest of your life. I wish I was. But, remember, the love of money is the root of evil. If you're not in love with money you find it easy to give to those who need it, especially if you're sitting on a mountain of it the size of Tibet.
Colleen Posted February 29, 2004 Posted February 29, 2004 Charity is not a measure of how much you give, but how m,uch you have left. remember the old woman in the Temple who gave the two coins!
nikkan_hanil Posted February 29, 2004 Posted February 29, 2004 Probably one of the reasons why Gates is so rich is that he hardly spends any money on stupid things like rims for his G-ride. I mean, the man's wardrobe is from like 1986. :mellow:
Ash Wednesday Posted March 1, 2004 Posted March 1, 2004 My boyfriend and I are true nerds in love. We first became acquainted via internet. I live in Washington state, Bill Gatesville. I almost ended up working for Microsoft. I'm glad I don't. A few years ago Bill threw a fit about having to pay big taxes on his property and he said something like "What, do they think I'm made of money!?" Our entire state laughed.
frozencell Posted March 1, 2004 Posted March 1, 2004 (edited) I don't like Bill Gates. But Bill Nye's cool. Edited March 1, 2004 by frozencell
MrsFrozen Posted March 1, 2004 Author Posted March 1, 2004 Nerds are lovable. Bill Gates is no nerd. Here's a nerd some of us grew up with. I loved this show when I was little! God bless. :)
~runnergurl~ Posted March 1, 2004 Posted March 1, 2004 Oh, wow. He was great!! The other day I saw some scientist talking about something really over my head on tv and I said "Ooh! He looks like Bill Nye the science guy!" Turns out he doesn't just do vinegar and baking soda experiments after all...
Rebirth flame Posted March 1, 2004 Posted March 1, 2004 Does anybody remember Beakman's World??? That show was amesome!!!! :nerd:
Lounge Daddy Posted March 1, 2004 Posted March 1, 2004 Does anybody remember Beakman's World??? That show was amesome!!!! Oh wow. I forgot all about that show hehe, that rat was cool... he kinda just "put up" with the show, didn't he? it's been a while.
MrsFrozen Posted March 1, 2004 Author Posted March 1, 2004 I never got into Beakman's World. I must have thought this rat character was strange or something. I did like Bill Nye the Science Guy, though. He was a lot of fun!
God Conquers Posted March 1, 2004 Posted March 1, 2004 I loved the BIll Nye theme song! Ok..... I still love it
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now