nikkan_hanil Posted March 1, 2004 Posted March 1, 2004 (edited) Oh wow. I forgot all about that show hehe, that rat was cool... he kinda just "put up" with the show, didn't he? it's been a while. GOD, I HATED that rat! In 6th grade we all voted on Beakman and Nye and Nye won. :mellow: I did like those penguin puppets though. :P Edited March 1, 2004 by nikkan_hanil
Rebirth flame Posted March 1, 2004 Posted March 1, 2004 I did like those penguin puppets though. the penguin puppets are what made Beakman's World soooo great, cuz they kinda sound like Ben Stein wiht that funky, relaxed voice of his... :P
nikkan_hanil Posted March 1, 2004 Posted March 1, 2004 the penguin puppets are what made Beakman's World soooo great, cuz they kinda sound like Ben Stein wiht that funky, relaxed voice of his... The difference is clear. Clear eyes! :lol:
Rebirth flame Posted March 1, 2004 Posted March 1, 2004 The difference is clear. Clear eyes! yes!!!! :tiphat:
MrsFrozen Posted March 1, 2004 Author Posted March 1, 2004 GOD, I HATED that rat! In 6th grade we all voted on Beakman and Nye and Nye won. :mellow: I did like those penguin puppets though. I did not like the rat, either! PS Gosh is just as easy to type as God. :)
Paladin D Posted March 2, 2004 Posted March 2, 2004 how about this that my mom sent me in an e-mail...especially the last rule: BILL GATES' SPEECH TO MT. WHITNEY HIGH SCHOOL in Visalia, CA. Love him or hate him, he sure hits the nail on the head with this! To anyone with kids of any age, here's some advice. Bill Gates recently gave a speech at a High School about 11 things they did not and will not learn in school. He talks about how feel-good, politically correct teachings created a generation of kids with no concept of reality and how this concept set them up for failure in the real world. Rule 1: Life is not fair - get used to it! Rule 2: The world won't care about your self-esteem. The world will expect you to accomplish something BEFORE you feel good about yourself. Rule 3: You will NOT make $60,000 a year right out of high school. You won't be a vice-president with a car phone until you earn both. Rule 4: If you think your teacher is tough, wait till you get a boss. Rule 5: Flipping burgers is not beneath your dignity. Your Grandparents had a different word for burger flipping - they called it opportunity. Rule 6: If you mess up, it's not your parents' fault, so don't whine about your mistakes, learn from them. Rule 7: Before you were born, your parents weren't as boring as they are now. They got that way from paying your bills, cleaning your clothes and listening to you talk about how cool you thought you were. So before you save the rain forest from the parasites of your parent's generation, try delousing the closet in your own room. Rule 8: Your school may have done away with winners and losers, but life HAS NOT. In some schools they have abolished failing grades and they'll give you as MANY TIMES as you want to get the right answer. This doesn't bear the slightest resemblance to ANYTHING in! real life. Rule 9: Life is not divided into semesters. You don't get summers off and very few employers are interested in helping you FIND YOURSELF. Do that on your own time. Rule 10: Television is NOT real life. In real life people actually have to leave the coffee shop and go to jobs. Rule 11: Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one So true.
immaculata Posted March 2, 2004 Posted March 2, 2004 I love Bill Nye the Science Guy!! *hums theme song* Bill bill bill bill.. Bill Nye the Science Guy!! :nerd:
Colleen Posted March 2, 2004 Posted March 2, 2004 I love Bill Nye the Science Guy!! *hums theme song* Bill bill bill bill.. Bill Nye the Science Guy!! I liked watching Bill Nye till the episode where he said that the world was overpopulated and that we had to take steps to stop it.
Rebirth flame Posted March 2, 2004 Posted March 2, 2004 I liked watching Bill Nye till the episode where he said that the world was overpopulated and that we had to take steps to stop it. i vaguely remember that episode... of course i would've been 7 or 8 when it was out, but i do kinda remember it... wasn't very cool of him...
Spiritual_Arsonist Posted March 2, 2004 Posted March 2, 2004 I liked watching Bill Nye till the episode where he said that the world was overpopulated and that we had to take steps to stop it. Bill Nye rocks. He is King of cool nerds. Oh yeah. :banana:
MrsFrozen Posted March 2, 2004 Author Posted March 2, 2004 I liked watching Bill Nye till the episode where he said that the world was overpopulated and that we had to take steps to stop it. Perhaps ol' Bill was hinting that teenagers and kids and those who aren't married need to stop having sex and making babies? Nothing wrong with that! God bless. :)
Rebirth flame Posted March 2, 2004 Posted March 2, 2004 Perhaps ol' Bill was hinting that teenagers and kids and those who aren't married need to stop having sex and making babies? Nothing wrong with that! God bless. that'd be amesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! unfortunately, in my environmental science class, the same topic has come up, and it seems that i'm the only one in a Catholic high school that believes contraceptives are bad because they destroy the sanctity of marriage... Let's hope that he was talking about teenagers, because something really needs to be done with kids and premarital relations. it's unfortunate that it's such a big problem. Dear God, please keep us safe in this time of confusion in our society, and help us to stay true to Your Word wherever our path in life may lead us. Amen. :D
frozencell Posted March 2, 2004 Posted March 2, 2004 Perhaps ol' Bill was hinting that teenagers and kids and those who aren't married need to stop having sex and making babies? Nothing wrong with that! God bless. I agree with this. I don't even remember him saying that (because everything before my alcoholic binge in my late teens is somewhat hazy.....), but it seems like he would have meant it like that. He doesn't strike me as a nutjob or anything. GO BILL GO!!! GO BILL GO!!!
VeraMaria Posted March 2, 2004 Posted March 2, 2004 lol....they showed us an episode in science class i 6th grade.....we couldnt stop cracking up :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:
Colleen Posted March 2, 2004 Posted March 2, 2004 Okay, I wanted to check and see if i could find anything about that Bill Nye episode, because it was really bothering me. I found that A. There was an episode made about Populations. For a brief synopsis, click here.. B. It's even worse than that. And no, evidently Bill Nye wasn't talking about saving sex till marriage. For a very interesting article on the subject, click here. I'm sorry. I didn't want to turn this cool thread into a debate over Bill Nye. I liked him until i was about 12 when i saw that episode and I never watched the show again as a result. I just wanted to check to make sure that he really did say that. ~Colleen :)
MrsFrozen Posted March 3, 2004 Author Posted March 3, 2004 Wow, that's too bad. Bill Nye's no longer a lovable nerd. The libs love to paint a picture that in 100 years, we're all going to be wearing gas masks, fighting over the last precious glass of water. What baloney! We just need to trust in God. It's amazing how many people have so little faith in humanity and themselves and GOD and feel they have to start accepting birth control instead of practicing abstinence. Blessed mother, pray for us!
God Conquers Posted March 3, 2004 Posted March 3, 2004 Population Control and Overpopulation... gotta love the tenacity of THAT lie.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now