Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Polls Are Starting To Roll In, And The Canidate In The Lead Is...


Recommended Posts

Lounge Daddy
Posted

...Obama! He's leading in every poll.
[url="http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=washingtonstory&sid=a8AmbV6i4kKY"]Poll: Obama has clear lead over McCain in Pennsylvania...[/url]
[url="http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/P/POLL_2008_OHIO?SITE=7219&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2008-06-18-06-04-04"]Poll: Obama has modest lead over McCain in Ohio...[/url]
[url="http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/P/POLL_2008_FLORIDA?SITE=7219&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2008-06-18-06-03-10"]Poll: Obama has slight lead over McCain in Florida...[/url]

I saw at Drudge that a first lady poll has Michelle in a 9-point favorable lead over Cindy.

Posted

Great. Not surprising.

Posted

The election is months away.

Archaeology cat
Posted

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1575117' date='Jun 18 2008, 07:24 PM']The election is months away.[/quote]
My thoughts exactly. So I can hope the popular opinion changes.

fides quarens intellectum
Posted

[quote name='Archaeology cat' post='1575127' date='Jun 18 2008, 01:30 PM']My thoughts exactly. So I can hope the popular opinion changes.[/quote]


How? Call me a skeptic, but in this TV/internet age - how is McCain to curry favor with the masses?

Posted

I don't know about you, but I'm not good at predicting the future, so who knows what will happen.

fides quarens intellectum
Posted

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1575152' date='Jun 18 2008, 01:46 PM']I don't know about you, but I'm not good at predicting the future, so who knows what will happen.[/quote]


Yes, indeed. Thanks for the glimmer of hope.

Posted

Well regardless of what happens in the election, you should always have hope.

Posted

As scripture says (Psalm 146:1-4):

My soul, give praise to the Lord;
I will praise the Lord all my days,
make music to my God while I live.

Put no trust in princes,
In mortal men in whom there is no help.
Take their breath, they return to clay
and their plans that day come to nothing.

fides quarens intellectum
Posted

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1575164' date='Jun 18 2008, 01:49 PM']Well regardless of what happens in the election, you should always have hope.[/quote]


:)

Posted

I have yet to hear Cindy McCain speak, yet I saw Michelle Obama on The View today.

????

Posted

I saw today that McCain is suggesting 45 more nuclear power plants. That's one of those issues that will either make or break with people. It does show he has plans, and is willing to discuss them. Obama apparently wants to get in office without either coming up with anything solid, or divulging.

Posted

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1575568' date='Jun 18 2008, 10:49 PM']I saw today that McCain is suggesting 45 more nuclear power plants. That's one of those issues that will either make or break with people. It does show he has plans, and is willing to discuss them. Obama apparently wants to get in office without either coming up with anything solid, or divulging.[/quote]

Nuclear energy is just one of the many alternative forms of energy that we should explore. There hasn't been a substantial nuclear fallout from a plant in decades. It's safe, it's clean and we should do it.

The one pump wonder
Posted

[quote name='kujo' post='1575575' date='Jun 18 2008, 09:57 PM']Nuclear energy is just one of the many alternative forms of energy that we should explore. There hasn't been a substantial nuclear fallout from a plant in decades. It's safe, it's clean and we should do it.[/quote]

or do it in other peoples countrys, thats a good idea. Wont hurt us. do it in Iran,

( scenario )

power plant explodes,

no more terrorists!

dominicansoul
Posted

[quote name='fides quarens intellectum' post='1575150' date='Jun 18 2008, 01:43 PM']How? Call me a skeptic, but in this TV/internet age - how is McCain to curry favor with the masses?[/quote]


Anything can happen. When Obama's preacher started trouble, his numbers stayed the same and he lost states to Hillary. I fail to believe the man is unsinkable....

Posted

[quote name='The one pump wonder' post='1575603' date='Jun 18 2008, 10:34 PM']or do it in other peoples countrys, thats a good idea. Wont hurt us. do it in Iran,

( scenario )

power plant explodes,

no more terrorists![/quote]

because all terrorists come from Iran :mellow:

Posted

[quote name='The one pump wonder' post='1575603' date='Jun 18 2008, 11:34 PM']or do it in other peoples countrys, thats a good idea. Wont hurt us. do it in Iran,

( scenario )

power plant explodes,

no more terrorists![/quote]

I don't even know what this statement means. I can't tell whether you're trying to be witty and sarcastic or cynical and serious. Either way, it's lame. "Terrorists" work tirelessly to attack our nuclear power plants as we speak. But our government, our military and our security teams devote tons of attention to preventing this from happening, working equally tirelessly to ensure the safety of the plants and the areas around them.

Lounge Daddy
Posted

[quote name='fides quarens intellectum' post='1575150' date='Jun 18 2008, 02:43 PM']How? Call me a skeptic, but in this TV/internet age - how is McCain to curry favor with the masses?[/quote]
Hehe! He said "the masses."

Posted

He said "curry." I love curry.

Lounge Daddy
Posted (edited)

I'm seeing that [url="http://ktracy.com/?p=1430"]McCain is expected to continue losing in Florida[/url]. His numbers have been slipping bit by bit in every poll. He'll have to fight very hard to win it. I guess no surprise, though.


[quote]Senator John McCain is losing to Senator Barack Obama by four percentage points - 47% - 43%. Senator McCain had been holding on to a slowly shrinking lead over the Illinois Senator up until this poll. It’s just the latest swing state to swing to Barack Obama, who had already been leading in Ohio, Virginia, Pennsylvania, and is in a statistical tie with Senator McCain in Indiana and Pennsylvania.[/quote]

Edited by Lounge Daddy

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...