lilac_angel Posted June 19, 2008 Author Posted June 19, 2008 [quote name='kujo' post='1576409' date='Jun 19 2008, 05:13 PM']I don't own a sports bra...perhaps I should get one? Or a MANzeer?[/quote] It does help keep a scapular in place rather well. I've never heard of a MANzeer.
Nihil Obstat Posted June 19, 2008 Posted June 19, 2008 [quote name='lilac_angel' post='1576410' date='Jun 19 2008, 05:14 PM']All you do is obtain the prayers (which can be found easily on the net) and bring them to any legitimate priest, where he can say the blessings and sprinkle the holy water on them... it's called "investiture." [/quote] Wonderful. Where does one find the actual item?
kujo Posted June 19, 2008 Posted June 19, 2008 [quote name='lilac_angel' post='1576412' date='Jun 19 2008, 07:17 PM']It does help keep a scapular in place rather well. I've never heard of a MANzeer. [/quote] It's a joke from an episode of Seinfeld where Kramer and George's father want to market braziers for man. They call them the MANzier. Anyway, I wear a brown scapular.
lilac_angel Posted June 19, 2008 Author Posted June 19, 2008 Well, it depends on which scapular you want. This site offers a free brown scapular: [url="http://www.freebrownscapular.com/"]http://www.freebrownscapular.com/[/url] To get my fivefold, I just did a google search for fivefold scapular and easily found places selling them. There are probably other websites that offer free or very cheap individual scapulars, though. I'm not sure about religious stores, but I'd hope that most Catholic stores would still carry them.
lilac_angel Posted June 19, 2008 Author Posted June 19, 2008 [quote name='kujo' post='1576415' date='Jun 19 2008, 05:20 PM']It's a joke from an episode of Seinfeld where Kramer and George's father want to market braziers for man. They call them the MANzier. Anyway, I wear a brown scapular. [/quote] Oh RIGHT, I knew that sounded familar.
kujo Posted June 19, 2008 Posted June 19, 2008 [quote name='lilac_angel' post='1576429' date='Jun 19 2008, 07:27 PM']Oh RIGHT, I knew that sounded familar. [/quote]
fides quarens intellectum Posted June 19, 2008 Posted June 19, 2008 [quote name='lilac_angel' post='1576394' date='Jun 19 2008, 05:02 PM']I've never heard of those... sounds interesting (and a good idea)[/quote] A friend of mine has one, but the only problem is, you can't be discreet with it because it is so high up on your neck. Guess it is a trade-off.
lilac_angel Posted June 19, 2008 Author Posted June 19, 2008 [quote name='fides quarens intellectum' post='1576504' date='Jun 19 2008, 06:19 PM']A friend of mine has one, but the only problem is, you can't be discreet with it because it is so high up on your neck. Guess it is a trade-off.[/quote] Oh, yes, I Googled "athlete's scapular" and it too looked familiar. Those are cool. Also, this very Phatmass thread is result #4!!....haha... consider my socks rocked.
fides quarens intellectum Posted June 20, 2008 Posted June 20, 2008 [quote name='Noel's angel' post='1576565' date='Jun 19 2008, 06:43 PM']I have an athlete's scapular. I love it.[/quote] Are you able to keep it discreet? Is it brown? See, i'd switch if i could get both the brown and the green one.
mommas_boy Posted June 20, 2008 Posted June 20, 2008 [quote name='lilac_angel' post='1576547' date='Jun 19 2008, 07:37 PM']Oh, yes, I Googled "athlete's scapular" and it too looked familiar. Those are cool. Also, this very Phatmass thread is result #4!!....haha... consider my socks rocked.[/quote] We could google-bomb it to make it number one ... Everyone google "athlete's scapular" and click on the result for this thread! Google works by a voting system -- the more clicks a link gets, the higher up it will be.
lilac_angel Posted June 21, 2008 Author Posted June 21, 2008 Yeah, I don't know if there's a fivefold athlete's scapular either. GOOGLE-BOMB... sounds fun!!!! Oh no, it's lower now. Somebody must have been sabotaging our evil planzzzzz.
Nihil Obstat Posted June 21, 2008 Posted June 21, 2008 Google is how I found phatmass. ;D I was looking for the official position on animals and souls and heaven because unfortunately we put one of our dogs to sleep the day before yesterday. I found a thread on the subject which (to be honest) didn't make me feel very great, but I kept reading the forum and loved it, so here I am! ...and you can't get rid of me. ...and just so I'm not totally off topic: I like this scapular thing, and I'll look into getting one in the future.
lilac_angel Posted June 21, 2008 Author Posted June 21, 2008 yay for google... but I'm sorry to hear about your dog i'm glad that something good could come out of a sad thing, though. and it's great to have you here. you seem quite eager to learn, contribute good things, and are a jolly addition to the pham! & sounds good, be sure to let us know what you decide on if/when that happens =D
Nihil Obstat Posted June 21, 2008 Posted June 21, 2008 [quote name='lilac_angel' post='1578316' date='Jun 21 2008, 12:16 AM']yay for google... but I'm sorry to hear about your dog i'm glad that something good could come out of a sad thing, though. and it's great to have you here. you seem quite eager to learn, contribute good things, and are a jolly addition to the pham! & sounds good, be sure to let us know what you decide on if/when that happens =D[/quote] I'm glad to hear all of that. Yea, it was a sad time. I'm really liking this 'phorum' though. Hard to find like minded people sometimes.
TeresaBenedicta Posted June 21, 2008 Posted June 21, 2008 I guess I have an athlete's scapular? I googled it to see what it looked like, since I had never heard of one before, and apparentally it's the same one I have. Personally, I still have problems with it. Or, I did when I was wearing it. I'd be playing softball and it would slide all the way up on one side. Quite annoying. Anywho, I've never been invested and I stopped wearing it mostly because I found that it would always tangle with my medals that I wear. Anyone else have that problem?
Noel's angel Posted June 21, 2008 Posted June 21, 2008 [quote name='fides quarens intellectum' post='1577427' date='Jun 20 2008, 05:11 PM']Are you able to keep it discreet? Is it brown? See, i'd switch if i could get both the brown and the green one.[/quote] Aye, it's brown. If you put both medals to the back, the front slides right up around your neck, but you can balance it well with the St Benedict medal on the back and the crucifix on the front.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now