An Old School Catholic Message Board

Sisters Adorers Of The Royal Heart Of Jesus Christ Sovereign Priest

Laudem Gloriae

maximillion

Yup, my mum was oh so " there are plenty of Communities in England, why do you have to go to France"

My sister laughed at me. She said I was too dumb to ever become fluent in French and when she heard they had the chant in Latin she almost had damp underwear.

My brother - well he was just terribly MALE about it all. Hardly said a word and acted all 'well if it's what you want', until I left then cried all over me.

It was only UK to Europe. but I would agree, follow the promptings of your natural attractions, your heart, and the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, and then deal with what comes, not in advance.

emmaberry

Very true to all of you with the great advice! I totally agree, and I had an AHA moment the other day when I was meditating on Mary and Joseph finding Jesus in the temple during the joyful mysteries--Jesus was perfect, so He never sinned! Obvious I know, but I saw my parents in Mary and Joseph when they told Jesus, "You made us so anxious!!" And Jesus just said, "Why were you looking for me? I must be in my Father's house." Soooo relevant to the cloistered vocation! I was under the impression that my vocation, since it made my parents so sad and uncomfortable, was almost selfish or sinful. But Jesus was in the same position and He was not apologetic! God's will always comes first, and those following His will don't need to feel shameful or sad because it's not what their families want.

• 2 weeks later...
InPersonaChriste

[quote name='TheresaThoma' timestamp='1335820981' post='2425360']
This just caught my attention since I am going through something similar with my family. Sometimes I find myself thinking "I can't do ____ because it would hurt my family too much." I'm slowly learning that yes family is important but you have to make your own decisions and sometimes those will cause some stress to those close to you. So if you really feel like you might be called to this community then check it out a bit further.
[/quote]

My parents actually told me that it would hurt them if I entered the Monastery in Chile. But fortunately I don't think God wants me there. I know that they would have let me if It was obvious that I had a calling there, and I am so thankful to have parents who trust in God so much.

InPersonaChriste

Official Website, In French http://www.icrsp.org/Adoratrices/Adoratrices.htm

Reception of the Habit 2011 http://www.icrsp.org/Adoratrices/Prise-Habit-2011/Prise-Habit.htm

There are pictures -- but they are hidden!

Select the bottom link, look for the numbers at the top, and click on them....and there they are! And they are certainly beautiful!

maximillion

Ooooh! Thanks, I was having a senior moment I think and couldn't figure out what to do in spite of being totally fluent in French!!!!!

What a lovely ceremony, and the officiating priest is clearly very pleased too.

Thanks for posting it Anne L.

Mary's Margaret

Absolutely beautiful. We are so blessed to be able to 'witness' these occasions via the internet when not so long ago only family and very dear friends could experience them. Thank you for posting, Anne Line

Happy to direct you to the numbers, but I'm not the one to thank for posting it. ;)

Thank YOU, InPersonaChristi! :flowers:

Edited by AnneLine

I entered this order in Oct 2010 and discerned after six weeks that it wasn't my vocation after all, so I'm back in America now. But it is a beautiful order and I loved all the sisters!

I will now say a prayer for all those of you who are discerning. :)

Lots of people on VS have discerned that God wanted somethign different. You are very welcome, Oiboyz!

maximillion

Welcome to VS and the phamily, Oiboyz.
Prayers for you for whatever you are currently engaged with.

• 3 months later...

Can we put the shoe on the other foot so to speak?? I am a PROUD mother of a 16 year old son, who just entered 11th grade high school along with one running start college class. My son is mature for his age, and his father (my ex) have allowed him (we share custody) to live with his 84 year old grandmother, who is otherwise by herself. (she just lost her oldest 60-ish son..who had been living with her.) For some time, I have been experiancing a strong,unrelentless desire.... Although belated, call to the religious life! As ya all know..I am considered (at this point in time of my life) "MATURE"! I am 54. What happen's if I break my son's heart, if I seriously take steps to discern that I am being "CALLED" to the religious life at this stage of my life??? The FACT is- even though my son still has about two more years till he is a "ADULT" my chances at finding a community that accepts "BELATED" vocations grows slimmer by the second the longer I wait! Am I being selfish??? After he turns 18 and I'm getting close to 60 and STILL discerning, then what?? Bottom line- If I DON"T WAIT..and I am BLESSED by the GRACE OF GOD and discern to follow the path NOW.. Am I doing this to hurt my son??? Of course NOT!! Do I expect him to understand what I am feeling? NO! The last thing I ever would want to do, is HURT my son!! He accepts the kind of job I have now..I am a Security Officer. I think Ultimately..he would adjust (Like most parents..when their off-spring are called to the religious life!!) if I were to become a religious. (it's not unheard of..many Nuns :nun3: have children and even grandchildren) Also visa versa! If my son wanted to enter the seminary, I wouldn't feel NEGATIVE about it in the least bit. (I might be a tad sad about the prospect of not having any grandchild to spoil) :cry: .

when i've heard of this happening - your children have to be old enough to support themselves (aka legal adults). Seems to me your vocation right now is to be his mother.