CatherineM Posted July 4, 2008 Posted July 4, 2008 Anyone who thinks the Williams sisters throw matches for each other must be an only child. I might have done lot of things to help one of my brothers, but let them beat me on purpose, not going to happen.
kafka Posted July 5, 2008 Posted July 5, 2008 (edited) Venus in two sets. Serena made two many errors, and Venus is just too good on grass. Must be pretty heart wrenching for the father and mother watching their daughters play on a grand stage like that Edited July 5, 2008 by kafka
Noel's angel Posted July 5, 2008 Posted July 5, 2008 It was a poor show. It didn't captivate my attention at all.
kafka Posted July 6, 2008 Posted July 6, 2008 if anyone is watching, could you give me an update. I had to go to work. Last I saw Nadal was up 2 set to nil
kafka Posted July 6, 2008 Posted July 6, 2008 aw man I am really suffering right now, probably one of the best matches in history is going on and I am at work I guess Rafa is up 6-4, 6-4, 6-7(5), 6-5
nowak.chris Posted July 6, 2008 Posted July 6, 2008 Another rain delay: 4/6 4/6 7/6 7/6 2/2 (deuce) Saying that it might have to wait until tomorrow.
kafka Posted July 6, 2008 Posted July 6, 2008 [quote name='nowak.chris' post='1592792' date='Jul 6 2008, 02:55 PM']Another rain delay: 4/6 4/6 7/6 7/6 2/2 (deuce) Saying that it might have to wait until tomorrow.[/quote] are you kidding me? I have off tommorrow!!! Unreal! Was it exciting?
puellapaschalis Posted July 6, 2008 Posted July 6, 2008 Nadal is the mens' champion! Into the fifth set and he took it 9 games to 7. No tie-break in the decider. Marathon match was this! Oh right, and Nadal's walking all over Centre Court, first hugging his parents and then walking over to the Royal Box and saying hello to the Spanish royals (I think). Dude
Noel's angel Posted July 6, 2008 Posted July 6, 2008 'Twas amazing. It was so funny when he walked over to the Royal box. Roger Federer didn't exactly strike me as a graceful loser though.
kafka Posted July 6, 2008 Posted July 6, 2008 Sweetness! Rafa Forever. I cant believe I missed it. Federer must have been out of his mind.
Noel's angel Posted July 6, 2008 Posted July 6, 2008 Both men gave all they had. They each were able to respond to everything the other had to throw at them. Remember, Federer had to win two tie breakers to stay in the game. Rafa just had that little bit extra today. So glad he won.
Adrestia Posted July 7, 2008 Posted July 7, 2008 Instant Classic: The entire men's final match will be replayed on ESPN Classic Monday night, 7 PM EDT.
samfran08x3 Posted July 7, 2008 Posted July 7, 2008 i forgot who i was rooting for. i dont watch tennis i just saw it on and thought the guy was cute.
dominicansoul Posted July 7, 2008 Posted July 7, 2008 [quote name='samfran08x3' post='1593106' date='Jul 6 2008, 08:15 PM']i forgot who i was rooting for. i dont watch tennis i just saw it on and thought the guy was cute.[/quote] [img]http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk294/mrjoban88/rafasiggy-2.jpg[/img] I think so, too!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now