littleflower+JMJ Posted August 1, 2008 Posted August 1, 2008 [quote name='knightec' post='1609578' date='Jul 26 2008, 09:46 PM']They just bought a house 1o minutes from where I live.[/quote] OMG can you ask Kevin if he'll marry me? Thanks!
uppercut55 Posted August 2, 2008 Posted August 2, 2008 I was working in the snack bar durng the bluegrass festival (which is funny because you guys were just talking about banjo music) at a camp ground and a mom came up and told me that i looked like a jonas brother. Having heard of them once or twice i asked, "Aren't they like singer people or somethin'?" She just laughed and shook her head. I thought nothing of this, attributing this to my curly hair. Well, summer started and I was thrust into the jaws of about 46 7-12 year olds. My first day, three girls swam up to me in the pool and said that i looked like nick jonas. It was funny because they all were telling me this information in the same key so it was like three of the same person. The next day two of the girls (sisters) brought in plastic snack bags full of pictures of nick jonas cut out from magazenes. I think they are stalking this guy. During the third week some of the kids started calling me nick jonas. Its kind of annoying and kind of funny at the same time. I mean, on one hand, i dont like being compared to a fifteen year old pop star who's songwriting skills are kind of lame but on the other hand i was informed that nick jonas has a "pretty face". Too bad the only thing that makes me look like this dude is my hair. haha. I guess i have to live with the face i have. I bet i could take him in a fight. I'd pull his hair.
Kitty Posted August 2, 2008 Posted August 2, 2008 (edited) The top song on iTunes right now is a Jonas Brothers song. That's just sad. Some people say they should be given credit for being so young and having become huge, but the fact of the matter is, they are not very talented. Honestly, I know kids younger then they are who really DO know how to play a musical instrument, and their genius shows. But come on, anyone can play five or six chords over and over. And besides, most of the time it doesn't even seem like they are playing their own instruments. You can see in their live shows, a guitarist and a bassist along with the drummer and a keyboardist hidden in the shadows behind them, playing. There are bands out there 100 times better than these Disneyfied kids. Edited August 2, 2008 by Kitty
Justin86 Posted August 2, 2008 Posted August 2, 2008 (edited) [quote name='Kitty' post='1615552' date='Aug 2 2008, 12:24 PM']The top song on iTunes right now is a Jonas Brothers song. That's just sad. Some people say they should be given credit for being so young and having become huge, but the fact of the matter is, they are not very talented. Honestly, I know kids younger then they are who really DO know how to play a musical instrument, and their genius shows. But come on, anyone can play five or six chords over and over. And besides, most of the time it doesn't even seem like they are playing their own instruments. You can see in their live shows, a guitarist and a bassist along with the drummer and a keyboardist hidden in the shadows behind them, playing. There are bands out there 100 times better than these Disneyfied kids.[/quote] I never understood what the attraction to them was all about either. They sound like they're trying to be a emo band for high school kids (sometimes I like emo bands for high school kids actually, ok stop giving me those dirty looks I can't help what I like!), but they're really not even good at that either. Definitely doesn't deserve to be No 1 on iTunes, or No 2 either, as it stands today. Edited August 2, 2008 by Justin86
Fixxxer Posted August 2, 2008 Posted August 2, 2008 [quote name='Kitty' post='1615552' date='Aug 1 2008, 11:24 PM']The top song on iTunes right now is a Jonas Brothers song. That's just sad.[/quote] Come september 12....metallica will take that
Justin86 Posted August 2, 2008 Posted August 2, 2008 (edited) Coming out with a new CD are they? You know, I never checked if iTunes had St. Anger on there. I don't see why they wouldn't. Edited August 2, 2008 by Justin86
Kitty Posted August 2, 2008 Posted August 2, 2008 [quote name='Fixxxer' post='1615652' date='Aug 2 2008, 06:36 AM']Come september 12....metallica will take that [/quote] Yup, Death Magnetic... but I don't really have high hopes for it. I personally think Metallica has just gotten too old. Their old stuff is phenomenal, can't say the same about their new stuff. /offtopic
knightec Posted August 6, 2008 Posted August 6, 2008 [quote name='littleflower+JMJ' post='1614633' date='Jul 31 2008, 09:40 PM']OMG can you ask Kevin if he'll marry me? Thanks! [/quote] [quote name='pan!c139' post='1614640' date='Jul 31 2008, 09:41 PM']Ask Joe if he wants to marry me please. [/quote] Sure. Im not sure which one is which so you might get the wrong one. If so you 2 can switch. okay?
soccer girl =D Posted August 6, 2008 Posted August 6, 2008 i love the jo bros! im going to their concert soon! lol now u guys hate me! lol =D
pan!c139 Posted August 6, 2008 Posted August 6, 2008 no not really. i'm not a die hard fan, i just LIKE them because they're good guys. Not THAT much into their music, personally.
pan!c139 Posted August 6, 2008 Posted August 6, 2008 I went to a PANIC AT THE DISCO concert. Be jealous. Lol
soccer girl =D Posted August 6, 2008 Posted August 6, 2008 yeah! one of my cousins went to their concert b4....
pan!c139 Posted August 6, 2008 Posted August 6, 2008 they are the best live band i have ever seen. they rocked!!! AND THEY ARE VERY NICE LOOKING UP CLOSE LOL I luuuuuv Brendon and Ryan - but Ryan is the skinniest man I have EVER seen.
Kitty Posted August 7, 2008 Posted August 7, 2008 [quote name='pan!c139' post='1619285' date='Aug 6 2008, 01:32 PM']I went to a PANIC AT THE DISCO concert. Be jealous. Lol[/quote] LOL, Panic smells of elderberries just as much as the Jonas Brothers IMO (in fact they are one of my least favorite bands of all time) . They are hideous live.
pan!c139 Posted August 7, 2008 Posted August 7, 2008 ^ LIAR!!! Whoever says that OBVIOUSLY has not gone to their concert - at least their new tour. I don't know what they were like last tour, but this one, they ROCKED. BEST EVER. My dad even said that they were one of the top three best live bands he's seen.
Kitty Posted August 8, 2008 Posted August 8, 2008 [quote name='pan!c139' post='1620325' date='Aug 7 2008, 02:48 PM']^ LIAR!!! Whoever says that OBVIOUSLY has not gone to their concert - at least their new tour. I don't know what they were like last tour, but this one, they ROCKED. BEST EVER. My dad even said that they were one of the top three best live bands he's seen.[/quote] I have a friend who is a fan of Panic, and even she says they are very bad live. They are trying way too hard to be Fall Out Boy.
pan!c139 Posted August 8, 2008 Posted August 8, 2008 Not true for me when I saw them. She probably went to the old tour or something when they were really new cuz they're NOT like that at all anymore. They seem really comfortable and they are really entertaining and funny.
IcePrincessKRS Posted August 8, 2008 Posted August 8, 2008 [quote name='The Bus Station' post='1591370' date='Jul 4 2008, 04:01 PM']Everyone knows they're just [b]Hanson[/b] in black wigs. [img]http://snoot.org/i/wuss/hanson.jpg[/img][/quote] Hanson had more talent (albeit not much)... and they've made minor come backs as adults. And they're married. With kids. The Jonas brothers make me cringe. Literally, I hear their names or see a picture and I physically shudder. Cannot. Stand. Them.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now