An Old School Catholic Message Board

Ewtn

HisChildForever

HisChildForever

Does anybody else watch EWTN? For the past few days I've been accessing it on my laptop (I don't have a television in my room) and it's almost addicting. :topsy: I tune in specifically at midnight for the daily Mass encore, and I also like the one-on-one (as well as group) talks. Right now there are two lovely women talking about the harms of chemical contraceptives. And it's nice to have the Divine Mercy Chaplet on in the background while I clean up my room. :lol_roll:

CatherineM

I have a small short wave radio that I can listen to EWTN on when I'm traveling or out in the boonies somewhere. I got to listen to daily mass on a 3 month long backpacking trip years ago.

I watch Journey Home with BG all the time. I also love Fr. Corapi, Eucharist (Thursdays 9:00 Eastern), the Divine Mercy Chaplet...

Oh, and the Pure Life!

CatholicCid

[quote name='doe-jo' post='1596283' date='Jul 9 2008, 03:00 PM']i hope they're covering the WYD because i want to watch it.[/quote]

Yes, they said they'll be televising all major Liturgies and events. They'll also have representatives there to cover it, as well as a special Life on the Rock from WYD (I think)

I've been watching Journey Home a bit as well, and "In Persona Christi" on Thurs. at (I think 1:30 PM EST) is good.

Edited by CatholicCid

Caramelonion

I credit EWTN for bringing me to the Catholic church and to my vocation to religious life. It is a Godsend to me.

HisChildForever

I watched Journey Home the other night, it was nice.

Is Life on the Rock geared towards young adults?

Should have an episode on at 8PM EST tomorrow night :)

Or alternatively online they probably have this week's episode recorded in the multimedia section. But wouldn't interrupt Mass for it.

You'll find you hit and miss with Life on the Rock. Sometimes I like it, sometimes I can't relate and find it boring. This week, I believe the PCPAs--Mother Angelica's community--will be on, so I'll be watching. :)

I like watching their Papal Masses as well as their normal Masses, watching for cases of "the Reform of the Reform" in both cases. I also very much enjoy watching their Masses in the Extraordinary Form.