Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

San Fransico Offically Condems Catholic Church


Recommended Posts

Posted

I hope they get a LOT of trouble for how incredibly unconstitutional that action was.

Posted

[quote name='Totus Tuus' post='1601137' date='Jul 16 2008, 01:25 PM']I hope they get a LOT of trouble for how incredibly unconstitutional that action was.[/quote]

they might this time, but i have the sneaking suspicion that this is the future of american politics, at least in big cities. Europe is already well on their way, and with obama (and even possibly mccain) political correctness may one day become law. We're gladly following Europe's lead. *sigh*.

Ash Wednesday
Posted

Berkeley is one of the most disgusting places on earth.

Galloglasses
Posted

I'd love them to try something on me for being Catholic in San Fran, only to find out I'm foreign.
Oh what an enjoyable international incident that would be.

Seriously though, how can they get away with this? Oh yeah Freedom of speech, in that case I deny--Wait what? Oh, speech is only free for some, right, forgot about that.


[quote name='Didacus' post='1601092' date='Jul 16 2008, 12:34 PM']Freedom for all! but not those guys.

Long live democracy...[/quote]
For the record, this made me laugh.

Posted (edited)

JM + JT

To think I went to visit this place a few years ago. We had a horrible first day - cold and wet. Everyone in an argument with everyone. The next few days were OK, but could they please put something on the side of the road to prevent your doom? Seriously. <_<

Calling All Catholics: Spiritual Martyrdom Opportunity in San Francisco

If I were a priest, I'd say yes to an assignment over there - of course, after much studying of Canon Law. :P

Edited by salterrae
Galloglasses
Posted

After the stuff I saw in Berkely on a photoblog every other two weeks, San Fran is a very unfriendly place to live... If you don't agree with the anti-majoritarian majority.

Posted

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1601103' date='Jul 16 2008, 12:48 PM']Actually, those descriptions are false and slanderous and they amount to calumny. The Catholic Church should sue San Francisco. As a Catholic I'm willing to testify as a witness that I'm offended and have suffered emotional injury from these slanders.[/quote]

I agree. The Thomas More Center needs to focus in on a two faceted legal battle. They should first push these statements and would be policies to be declared unconstitutional, and then they should bring the City to Court for slander (or libel, whichever actually applies here.) We need to try to make this HUGE, as it reflects Catholics all over the world, and not just in San Fran nor just the U.S.

Posted

[quote name='salterrae' post='1601201' date='Jul 16 2008, 02:41 PM']Calling All Catholics: Spiritual Martyrdom Opportunity in San Francisco[/quote]

Sadly, I think in the future that this will turn to physical martyrdom.

Posted

[quote name='Lisieux Flower' post='1601069' date='Jul 16 2008, 12:05 PM']That's absolutely ridiculous. What happened to freedom of religion?[/quote]

As I said in another thread, the second amendment exists as a fallback to protect the first. I heard that San Francisco has restrictive gun laws.

Posted

When I asked my friend once; 'Why do they hate us?'
He simply responded; 'Cause we tell the Truth'.


Du moment que la Veriter a ete prononcer dans le monde, le monde l'a detester.

Posted

[quote name='Didacus' post='1601230' date='Jul 16 2008, 03:33 PM']Du moment que la Veriter a ete prononcer dans le monde, le monde l'a detester.[/quote]

Co?

Posted

[quote name='Didacus' post='1601230' date='Jul 16 2008, 03:33 PM']When I asked my friend once; 'Why do they hate us?'
He simply responded; 'Cause we tell the Truth'.[/quote]

Sounds like what my dad always says. When the media or someone is bashing the Church, he always says something like "Satan always goes after the Biggest and the Baddest, the One that holds the Truth, he doesn't bother with the others."

Posted

This is all the US Army's fault. San Fransisco is where they used to discharge guys getting booted from the military for being gay, and a lot of them felt like they couldn't go home after being dishonorably discharged for being gay, so they stayed there in town. The church should sue the Army.

faithfulrock3r
Posted

since when is it constitutional for the government to advocate or condemn any religion? this is completely illegal, not to mention hypocritical, seeing how the Catholic Church basically founded the city in the first place.

Madame Vengier
Posted

[quote name='StColette' post='1601227' date='Jul 16 2008, 02:30 PM']Sadly, I think in the future that this will turn to physical martyrdom.[/quote]


Sadly, I agree. But I don't think it will be at the hands of liberal gay-rights advocates who hate the Church. No, they are only paving the way for other worse things.

CatholicCid
Posted

[quote name='Didacus' post='1601230' date='Jul 16 2008, 02:33 PM']When I asked my friend once; 'Why do they hate us?'
He simply responded; 'Cause we tell the Truth'.
Du moment que la Veriter a ete prononcer dans le monde, le monde l'a detester.[/quote]

The moment that the Truth is pronounced to the world, the world protests?

Vincent Vega
Posted

Dear God,
I know you haven't done this sort of thing for a while...but hows about you dust off that old fire and brimstone and send just a little upon SodoFrancisco? You know, just a smidge, to remind em who's boss.
Just a thought.
Amen.



In all seriousness, this makes me very, very angry.
This isn't America. If it were, this would not be allowed. I don't really know what it is anymore, but it's not my country.

Lounge Daddy
Posted

Once again--the craziest news come from California.

Posted

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1601240' date='Jul 16 2008, 03:48 PM']This is all the US Army's fault. San Fransisco is where they used to discharge guys getting booted from the military for being gay, and a lot of them felt like they couldn't go home after being dishonorably discharged for being gay, so they stayed there in town. The church should sue the Army.[/quote]

woah... what? Do you have a link or a reference?

Lounge Daddy
Posted

[quote name='Lisieux Flower' post='1601069' date='Jul 16 2008, 12:05 PM']That's absolutely ridiculous. What happened to freedom of religion?[/quote]
The bigger the public sector grows (meaning the state), the small the private sector (meaning our liberty). As the state continues to be involved in areas that the Church used to provide answers for--is abortion permissible, what is marriage, how to raise our children, etc--there is less need of the church and the church will even be seen as something that interferes and must be put out of the way.

What bothers me is the continued clamoring for greater state influence, and expansion of state powers. We can only expect to see more of this.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...