Apotheoun Posted July 23, 2008 Posted July 23, 2008 What is the topic of this thread? I thought it was supposed to be focused on the nature of the priesthood, and why women cannot validly receive sacred ordination to the presbyterate.
Selah Posted July 23, 2008 Posted July 23, 2008 Right, sorry Anyhow, like I said, women have a special calling, as do men. A man could never be a nun, and a woman could never be a priest.
rizz_loves_jesus Posted July 23, 2008 Posted July 23, 2008 I thought a woman's special calling was motherhood... monks do a lot of the same things nuns do, but men can't get pregnant and have children like women.
Ookami Posted July 23, 2008 Author Posted July 23, 2008 [quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1606557' date='Jul 23 2008, 07:42 PM']I understand you. You did not purposely speak in disrespect, only trying to ask a good question. Perhaps in time however you may see the point of the others. Theres probably someone in your life today which you respect which you would not call by the name of "dude" such as a grandma or grandpa, I don't know. You bring up 'dress' and I think thats a good point in which we all could agree on how you dress in the streets or in public is not nesserialy the way one should dress at Mass or Church. The same reason one would not where big bagging sagging pants and a shirt with some kick a## skulls on it is the same reasoning why not to call Jesus Christ Son of the Living God 'dude', even not said out of disrespect. Do I make any since? [/quote] Well i dress nice for mass obviously not something ratty but i still wear my skulls and spikes. I would call any guy that i knew a dude if actually saying so like for instance if some uneducated person were 2 ask me if the pope was a man I would say "yeah hes a dude." but I wouldnt necisarily walk up 2 the pope him self and say "hey dude!" becuz he is a figure of importance (like a king or queen) the point is I would bow b4 jesus unable 2 speak in his glory if graced by his actual precence but if we were talking about the human jesus's gender he was infact a dude.
mortify Posted July 23, 2008 Posted July 23, 2008 There's a lot to be said, but what's often overlooked is that women were created as helpers to men.
Ookami Posted July 23, 2008 Author Posted July 23, 2008 [quote name='Didymus' post='1606561' date='Jul 23 2008, 07:44 PM']Jesus wasn't a dude? What's wrong with being a dude? I always thought it was a pretty positive thing to be.. He was a man. In the flesh. And he was (and is) pretty cool. I thought a dude was a cool man.[/quote] EXACTLY!!!!! i think im in love with u! See its all about looking at the perspective of how u used the words!
rizz_loves_jesus Posted July 23, 2008 Posted July 23, 2008 [quote name='mortify' post='1606587' date='Jul 23 2008, 06:56 PM']There's a lot to be said, but what's often overlooked is that women were created as helpers to men.[/quote] Not helpers, companions.
Ookami Posted July 23, 2008 Author Posted July 23, 2008 [quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1606568' date='Jul 23 2008, 07:46 PM']Ookami is obviously young and needs a little bit of direction. You. Are. Not. Helping.[/quote] I dont need direction I know exactly who i am and wat i believe! thank u very much!
Vincent Vega Posted July 23, 2008 Posted July 23, 2008 [quote name='Selah' post='1606382' date='Jul 23 2008, 04:34 PM']haha! So true. We call him "father" it would be kinda awkward if to call a woman "father" I think men-only priests works just fine. It doesn't mean that women have no roles. We can be nuns too, and men can't do that! Everyone is assigned a special job, not because women or lower then men, or vice versa.[/quote] I always laugh when people say that the Church has something against women...and then turn around to say that we hold the Blessed Virgin in too high regard. I mean....are you HEARING yourselves? Our number two happens to be the MOTHER of Our Lord, and they say that we treat women unfairly. Give me a break. [quote name='Ookami' post='1606481' date='Jul 23 2008, 05:07 PM']well he was. wats wrong with saying that thats how i talk if he was a girl id say chick thats my lingo dont get all offended.[/quote] While I don't use dude or chick, I do say guy or gal/chick/broad (yeah yeah, I know...I use it jokingly though). However it's beyond negotiation that it is sufficiently reverent to call Christ a "dude" or His Mother a "chick/gal/broad". [quote name='Philiippians 2:10, NAB']...that at the name of Jesus every knee should bend, of those in heaven and on earth and under the earth...[/quote] Reverence is the name of the game when it comes to Him, and to call Him "dude" hardly characterises someone at whose name every knee should bend.
Madame Vengier Posted July 23, 2008 Posted July 23, 2008 [quote name='Ookami' post='1606585' date='Jul 23 2008, 05:55 PM']Well i dress nice for mass ... but i still wear my skulls and spikes.[/quote] No surprise there.
mortify Posted July 23, 2008 Posted July 23, 2008 [quote name='rizz_loves_jesus' post='1606592' date='Jul 23 2008, 05:59 PM']Not helpers, companions.[/quote] I know it's a controversial statement and it's contrary to our modern understanding, but it's true. Then the LORD God said, "It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper fit for him." Gen 2:18 All this means is that men have more responsibility, that's all, it's not such a great advantage because we'll be asked more on Judgment.
Madame Vengier Posted July 23, 2008 Posted July 23, 2008 (edited) [quote name='Apotheoun' post='1606577' date='Jul 23 2008, 05:51 PM']What is the topic of this thread? I thought it was supposed to be focused on the nature of the priesthood, and why women cannot validly receive sacred ordination to the presbyterate.[/quote] Yah. It's almost like the poster wasn't really all THAT interested in his original question...now, isn't it? Which I'm noticing is a pattern. I'm just sayin'. Edited July 23, 2008 by Madame Vengier
Ookami Posted July 23, 2008 Author Posted July 23, 2008 [quote name='mortify' post='1606587' date='Jul 23 2008, 07:56 PM']There's a lot to be said, but what's often overlooked is that women were created as helpers to men.[/quote] you sound like my grandma...ok no one has 2 agree with me but i see why only men r priests becuz jesus was born man and kept passin it down and women can b nuns so r not excluded 4 the religous life. But women were not created as helpers 2 men but as a companion men and women were created 4 each other just 1 had 2 come first. Yeah women help men but men must also be helpers 4 the women.
KnightofChrist Posted July 23, 2008 Posted July 23, 2008 [quote name='Ookami' post='1606594' date='Jul 23 2008, 06:00 PM']I dont need direction I know exactly who i am and wat i believe! thank u very much! [/quote] We all need direction, because we have all fallen short. Just remember we just trying to help, not condemn you. Peace be with you
rizz_loves_jesus Posted July 23, 2008 Posted July 23, 2008 [quote name='mortify' post='1606602' date='Jul 23 2008, 07:03 PM']I know it's a controversial statement and it's contrary to our modern understanding, but it's true. Then the LORD God said, "It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper fit for him." Gen 2:18[/quote] In some Bibles it says "partner" or "companion." [quote]All this means is that men have more responsibility, that's all, it's not such a great advantage because we'll be asked more on Judgment.[/quote] I disagree.
rizz_loves_jesus Posted July 23, 2008 Posted July 23, 2008 [quote name='Ookami' post='1606606' date='Jul 23 2008, 07:04 PM']But women were not created as helpers 2 men but as a companion men and women were created 4 each other just 1 had 2 come first. Yeah women help men but men must also be helpers 4 the women.[/quote] Bingo.
Ookami Posted July 23, 2008 Author Posted July 23, 2008 [quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1606599' date='Jul 23 2008, 08:02 PM']No surprise there.[/quote] [mod] edit-- personal attack-- HSM [/mod]wats ur problem i can have my own opinion! I love jesus christ just as much as any of u do so just cuz i said jesus was a dude instead of Jesus christ son of God our savior was born man from the blessed whom of the virgin Mary doesnt mean i care about jesus any less! I love my savior and am very proud 2 call myself a christian among a group of athiest friends! If u want 2 say Im confused in my faith or wat evr say that 2 my face when evry day i hav 2 listen 2 how "there is no god" "ur gona die and rot in the ground" "catholism brain washed u"!!! I know where i stand!
Ookami Posted July 23, 2008 Author Posted July 23, 2008 [quote name='mortify' post='1606602' date='Jul 23 2008, 08:03 PM']I know it's a controversial statement and it's contrary to our modern understanding, but it's true. Then the LORD God said, "It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper fit for him." Gen 2:18 All this means is that men have more responsibility, that's all, it's not such a great advantage because we'll be asked more on Judgment.[/quote] I dont agree! while we might be here 2 help we diserve the same help right back god does not expect more out of a man than a women!
mortify Posted July 23, 2008 Posted July 23, 2008 [quote name='rizz_loves_jesus' post='1606612' date='Jul 23 2008, 06:08 PM']In some Bibles it says "partner" or "companion."[/quote] I'm willing to bet those aren't as literal in translation as the ESV and NASB, both of which say "helper." [quote]I disagree.[/quote] Shrugs... Maybe I can't explain it well, but ultimately leading requires more responsibility.
Selah Posted July 23, 2008 Posted July 23, 2008 [quote][mod]edit[/mod][/quote] Come on, Ookami. There was no reason for that.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now