Madame Vengier Posted July 23, 2008 Posted July 23, 2008 [quote name='Ookami' post='1606646' date='Jul 23 2008, 06:24 PM']I nevr told u to go to **** I would nvr say that. Im a child of god. and ill pray that he shows some guidance in your life good bye.[/quote] And I told you I was mistaken about the "****" part and I sincerely apologized. I do feel bad that I got mixed up and accused you of those words, becuase they are serious words. But, you have been name-calling and generally behaving troublesome.
KnightofChrist Posted July 23, 2008 Posted July 23, 2008 [quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1606636' date='Jul 23 2008, 06:20 PM']Oh, lecturing ME instead of the one who is name-calling and saying such perverse things as "go to ****"?? That's rich, KOF, really. I think you just delivered ME a big package of FAIL. And I was never trying to change hearts. I just wanted him not to call Jesus "dude".[/quote] I dont recall saying any four letter words, or telling anyone to go to hell. But if I did so it was indeed wrong, I did use a off handed word about a shirt with skulls to prove a point but use of the word was wrong either way. As for my point you say it is wrong to call Christ 'dude' and for that you are right. However you forget those that have taken on Christ, are part of Christ. Matt 25:40 And the king answering, shall say to them: Amen I say to you, as long as you did it to one of these my least brethren, you did it to me.
Madame Vengier Posted July 23, 2008 Posted July 23, 2008 [quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1606656' date='Jul 23 2008, 06:29 PM']I dont recall saying any four letter words,[/quote] I said nothing about 4-letter words. I said NAME-CALLING. Words like jerk and liar. Though, if you want to get technical, those are four-letter words. But regardless, KofC, it's a fact that you love a good chance to jump into any fray and criticize or insult me, then quote a Bible passage after you do it. You've done it numerous times. So trying to explain anything to you is really a futile task. Good-bye.
mortify Posted July 23, 2008 Posted July 23, 2008 Let me just clarify, I didn't raise the distinction between male and female roles for the sake of argument, I only brought it up because it does factor to some extent to why only men are priests.
Selah Posted July 23, 2008 Posted July 23, 2008 Back off of KoC. If anything, he's speaking with more maturity and charity then you are right now. Of all the people to attack on this forum, why him? The guy hasn't said anything derogatory to anyone. maybe you just need to grow up and stop fighting over an internet forum.
KnightofChrist Posted July 23, 2008 Posted July 23, 2008 (edited) [quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1606660' date='Jul 23 2008, 06:33 PM']I said nothing about 4-letter words. I said NAME-CALLING. Words like jerk and liar. Though, if you want to get technical, those are four-letter words. But regardless, KofC, it's a fact that you love a good chance to jump into any fray and criticize or insult me, then quote a Bible passage after you do it. You've done it numerous times. So trying to explain anything to you is really a futile task. Good-bye.[/quote] Again I don't recall using any name calling. But if I did I was indeed wrong for doing so and apologize. Yet you know that since Ookami is Christian he would have Christ within him, you protest his using dude in reference to Christ, but you disrespectfully use it in reference to your brother Ookami. Edited July 24, 2008 by KnightofChrist
KnightofChrist Posted July 23, 2008 Posted July 23, 2008 (edited) [quote name='Selah' post='1606672' date='Jul 23 2008, 06:43 PM']Back off of KoC. If anything, he's speaking with more maturity and charity then you are right now. Of all the people to attack on this forum, why him? The guy hasn't said anything derogatory to anyone. maybe you just need to grow up and stop fighting over an internet forum.[/quote] ? Really me? Could someone please show me where I said in the thread such offensive things? Edit: I understand now.... Edited July 24, 2008 by KnightofChrist
homeschoolmom Posted July 23, 2008 Posted July 23, 2008 I'm closing this thread until I can read and edit it... sheesh people... it's summer... go outside for a while...
homeschoolmom Posted July 23, 2008 Posted July 23, 2008 Okay.... let's get back on topic, please. The topic (in case you cannot remember) is about women and the priesthood. No more name calling. There was lots of name-calling in this and other threads. It's easy to get confused. So please... move forward and use your manners. Thanks.
Madame Vengier Posted July 24, 2008 Posted July 24, 2008 [quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1606683' date='Jul 23 2008, 06:58 PM']Guess it would help if I opened it. [/quote] Yeah, but I think we're done though. They started a new thread on the male/female thing. And I don't know that this thread was every truly about priesthood. Maybe for the first 5 posts. Anyhoo, I'm done here. I really do need to go outside. Actually, I originally meant to only pop in here for 30 minutes. LOL.
Roamin Catholic Posted July 24, 2008 Posted July 24, 2008 [quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1606683' date='Jul 23 2008, 06:58 PM']Guess it would help if I opened it. [/quote]
cmotherofpirl Posted July 24, 2008 Posted July 24, 2008 [quote name='Ookami' post='1606627' date='Jul 23 2008, 08:16 PM']Some of the people on this forum r just as bad as my friends. My feelings r really hurt! plus i hav just as much responsibility as any man! I will not move on that![/quote] Ah but you don't have as much responsibility as a man does. Remember Adam walked in the garden with God, not Eve. Men were put in charge, not us.
Selah Posted July 24, 2008 Posted July 24, 2008 What do you mean? Was Eve not allowed to walk with God in the garden?
Brother Adam Posted July 24, 2008 Posted July 24, 2008 We invoke as Blessed a woman, Mary, Queen of Heaven and Earth. Every person has their role in the kingdom of God. When we follow God's will, his kingdom thrives.
CatherineM Posted July 24, 2008 Posted July 24, 2008 I leave to go sew for a little while, and you guys just start throwing down. I don't know about everyone else's husbands, but mine needs a companion, and a helper. He tries to leave the house with a dirty shirt, and I tell him that people are going to think I'm not nagging him enough. I think this is why the Vatican made it clear that debate on the subject was to stop because it always seems to lead to fights. Seriously, what do they call female priests in the Anglican church or those women who try to get ordained? Do they call them Mother, or Padre, or what?
Selah Posted July 24, 2008 Posted July 24, 2008 [quote]I leave to go sew for a little while, and you guys just start throwing down.[/quote] We're bad people But I agree with you Catherine. Men need us to help them out along the way. That's what our Nag-o-meter is for, right?
Ookami Posted July 24, 2008 Author Posted July 24, 2008 [quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1606693' date='Jul 23 2008, 09:02 PM']Ah but you don't have as much responsibility as a man does. Remember Adam walked in the garden with God, not Eve. Men were put in charge, not us.[/quote] I do not believe that men were put in charge any way this thread has become pointless fighting and has resulted in me getting a warning I stand by my beliefs but this thread is dead. Hey i rhymed!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now