An Old School Catholic Message Board

"societal Suicide" - Attacks On Marriage

fides quarens intellectum

[quote name='mommas_boy' post='1613721' date='Jul 31 2008, 12:28 AM']:blink:

Oh.

What I mean to ask is, aside from effeminate men proudly parading around the streets of Chicago, what else do we have to fear? Will wars be fought as direct effects of the linked article? I've done some searching and can find nothing on Joseph Unwin. I'm curious as to what the end situations Unwin is talking about when he says "collapse".[/quote]

Considering you are a teacher in the Chicago Public School system and posted about being harassed because you would not make a monetary donation to a gay group, you would be in a far better postion to witness and report on societal collapse than most of us here.

[quote name='Norseman82' post='1613725' date='Jul 31 2008, 12:36 AM']Considering you are a teacher in the Chicago Public School system and posted about being harassed because you would not make a monetary donation to a gay group, you would be in a far better postion to witness and report on societal collapse than most of us here.[/quote]

Oh, so you're saying collapse of individual liberty rights in favor of placating vocal minorities that are easily offended?

Since when did the right to happiness trump the right to liberty? Or the right to liberty trump the right to life?

-sigh-

EDIT: Reread my post and realized that it might come across as argumentative. That's not the intention, the questions are rhetorical. :D

Edited by mommas_boy

MissScripture

[quote name='dominicansoul' post='1613297' date='Jul 30 2008, 06:12 PM']Yes, Satan worked it out so that little kids would be exposed to sex at a very very early age. I believe there is sex education in elementary schools, correct? There is also the indoctrination that the homosexual lifestyle is not aberrant to nature or what is normal.

I didn't fully understand what sexual intercourse was until highschool, and I never had any sort of temptations until I came to that knowledge. So, you can imagine what those poor little kids have been exposed to, and what kinds of temptations they have to fight at such a young young age![/quote]
I remember watching Mother Angelica one time, and she said something to the effect of, "My mother explained sex to me in five minutes when I was a teenager. I don't understand what we need with all these classes about it starting in elementary school! That's why they have so many problems with it. There's too much of a focus on it." (that was VERY paraphrased, as it was a long time ago that I heard it)

[quote name='dominicansoul' post='1613145' date='Jul 30 2008, 03:07 PM']I too, find we may very well be in the waning years and very close to the collapse of our society. The article states very well how this breakdown began and how certain factors in our recent history have contributed to the impending collapse. I wouldn't be shocked if we are all, in fact witnesses of the final generations before the 2nd Coming.[/quote]

Well, i'm personally not an end-times/doomsday kind of person, but i get pretty frustrated when i look at the rampant moral relativism and the suppression of family ideals, while a lot of our peers just don't care.

[quote name='Justin86' post='1613223' date='Jul 30 2008, 04:15 PM']I've pondered this myself many times, and tried to come up with my own, unresearched theories. I like Unwin's better. However, I think the "outburst of homosexuality" hasn't actually occurred until our generation. I don't know, do any of the phatmassers of the older generations remember homosexuality being so rampant as it is now? With all these young people thinking that they must be gay because they just got one little impulse?[/quote]

Well, i am a gen-Xer (or member of teh JPII generation, depending on how you look at it), but i do know my parents grew up knowing "homosexuals." "Rampant," no, but certainly not new in their day. i wonder how we can determine exactly in which generation there was an "outburst."

Oh, and i do want to read Unwin's work now. :)

[quote name='dominicansoul' post='1613297' date='Jul 30 2008, 06:12 PM']Yes, Satan worked it out so that little kids would be exposed to sex at a very very early age. I believe there is sex education in elementary schools, correct? There is also the indoctrination that the homosexual lifestyle is not aberrant to nature or what is normal.[/quote]

i think you hit the nail on the head, dear friend - "Satan worked it out" - funny how he attacks that which is most sacred, eh?

[quote name='Socrates' post='1613439' date='Jul 30 2008, 08:29 PM']Very true article.

The current "outburst of homosexuality" is the direct result of and progression from the "sexual revolution" of the current older generation, and the contraceptive mentality and breakdown of the family.
Contrary to what some pc bleeding hearts might tell you, the "gay" movement must be actively resisted, but we can't expect any real substantial change unless there is a serious return to sexual morality and the regarding of sex and marriage as sacred, rather than mere entertainment/recreation.[/quote]

Yes indeed; i think the New Evangelization depends on a renewal of family life.

Honestly, i am a little surprised that everyone is agreeing thus far... :)

[quote name='fides quarens intellectum' post='1614541' date='Jul 31 2008, 08:50 PM']Well, i am a gen-Xer (or member of teh JPII generation, depending on how you look at it), but i do know my parents grew up knowing "homosexuals." "Rampant," no, but certainly not new in their day. i wonder how we can determine exactly in which generation there was an "outburst."

Oh, and i do want to read Unwin's work now. :)[/quote]
The vice of homosexuality is nothing new. Its widespread promotion and acceptance is.

I may be a social liberal (often called a bleeding heart, or a femi-nazi, or pinko communist on Phatmass), but I am also a devout Catholic. I believe in reaching out to the marginalized, not slapping them down and hoping they just fall off the face of the Earth.

Just because I believe in loving the sinner, doesn't mean I can turn a blind eye towards their sin, anymore than I could pass an injured man by the side of the road. They need our help, every bit as much. The sexual sins, in my mind, are linked to many other of our societal ills and excesses. It is obvious to me that the majority of our society is going down the wrong road, and I feel helpless and clueless about how to deal with it.

[quote name='Socrates' post='1614562' date='Jul 31 2008, 09:05 PM']The vice of homosexuality is nothing new. Its widespread promotion and acceptance is.[/quote]

Yes, i know it is nothing new. I was trying, perhaps distractedly and unsuccessfully, to respond to Justin86's speculation about an "outburst" belonging to our generation - again, while perhaps not "rampant," i do know homosexuality was already being accepted in my parents' day (especially while my dad was in high school - late 60s/early 70s). Admittedly a bit off-topic...

Anyway, if we buy into Unwin's premise, it leads us to wonder which generation of deterioration we are currently witnessing. Limandri suggests we are in the end of the second or the beginning of the third, but i am personally not 100% sold on his conclusion (mostly because i wonder how we should date rise of moral relativism as a whole), and wanted to hear what the Pham thinks.

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1614574' date='Jul 31 2008, 09:12 PM']I may be a social liberal (often called a bleeding heart, or a femi-nazi, or pinko communist on Phatmass), but I am also a devout Catholic. I believe in reaching out to the marginalized, not slapping them down and hoping they just fall off the face of the Earth.

Just because I believe in loving the sinner, doesn't mean I can turn a blind eye towards their sin, anymore than I could pass an injured man by the side of the road. They need our help, every bit as much. The sexual sins, in my mind, are linked to many other of our societal ills and excesses. It is obvious to me that the majority of our society is going down the wrong road, and I feel helpless and clueless about how to deal with it.[/quote]

Thanks so much for the honesty. i really don't know what the best approach is in loving the sinner; hating the sin.

(John Paul II, pray for us!)