An Old School Catholic Message Board

If You Could Join Any Community...

Veritas

servus Mariae

[quote name='Rising_Suns' post='1618426' date='Aug 5 2008, 05:28 PM']The Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate. [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/style_images/ip.boardpr/folder_post_icons/icon1.gif[/img]

(Two weeks to go)[/quote]

Wow that is so awesome! Thank you for giving up your life for the service of Christ and His Church. I ask of you one thing....be holy and be humble.

GOd love you! :o)

servus Mariae

[quote name='He is Risen!' post='1618808' date='Aug 5 2008, 10:48 PM']Wow, so many Dominicans in here! I would be CFR (Franciscan Sisters of the Renewal) all the way. Planning on entering 2009.[/quote]
Wow my twin sister is taking a serious look at them. If she does enter it will be in a few weeks. She loves them...and yep yep they do ROCK!

servus Mariae

Well I guess it's my turn to reply...
Either

1. Sisters of Mary Mother of the Eucharist
2. CFR (Franciscan Sisters of the Renewal)
3. Sisters of the Immaculate Conception (they're located in Germany, Austria, Montenegro, and Albania)

Im still in the search for a HOly and Humble Spiritual Director...one who has a great devotion to our Lady.

I'm looking into the Franciscans Sisters of the Renewal and the Sisters of the Holy Cross...both beautiful Religious Orders...what an honor and privilege it will be if God grants me the grace and the courage to enter one of these Religious Communities...to become a priest or nun is one thing, but always remember and keep in mind that our main calling is to be holy!

He is Risen!

[quote name='FiliaMariae' post='1623080' date='Aug 9 2008, 11:15 PM']I'm looking into the Franciscans Sisters of the Renewal and the Sisters of the Holy Cross...both beautiful Religious Orders...what an honor and privilege it will be if God grants me the grace and the courage to enter one of these Religious Communities...to become a priest or nun is one thing, but always remember and keep in mind that our main calling is to be holy![/quote]

Welcome to Phatmass! :welcome: The CFR sisters are amazing, you should definately pay them a visit if you haven't already. :cheers:

[quote name='MandyKhatoon' post='1623198' date='Aug 9 2008, 11:34 PM']Who are the Sisters of the Holy Cross? Do they have a website?[/quote]
:think: I second this question....

DominicanPhilosophy

I know there are Sisters of the Holy Cross related to Notre Dame and this is their site:
[url="http://www.cscsisters.org/Default.asp"]http://www.cscsisters.org/Default.asp[/url]

I don't know if there are other communities by the same name. :idontknow:

Domine ut Videam

An active Benedictine that wears the habit.

Unfortunately, these are hard to find. Plus, I think I am called to the comtemplative/active apostolate. :love: But we shall see. Totus Tuus.

servus Mariae

[quote name='tinytherese' post='1629064' date='Aug 16 2008, 04:57 PM']There is a community of apostolic benedictines in the habit. www.jtjosephmonastery.org[/quote]

That website didn't work for me....

servus Mariae

[quote name='MandyKhatoon' post='1623198' date='Aug 9 2008, 10:34 PM']Who are the Sisters of the Holy Cross? Do they have a website?[/quote]

The Sisters of the Holy Cross work hand in hand with the Canons of the Holy Cross. Their main apostolic work is towards the sanctification of the priesthood and spreading consecreation to the Holy Angels. While the priests give several conferences the nuns work together with them. They are in the Detroit area, Brazil, Italy, Austria, and I believe a few other places.

Although the sisters do not have a website, the priests do. Their work/charism in the Church is very similar. They are an awesome group....very faithful to the Magisterium of the Church.

[url="http://www.opusangelorum.org/HistoryORC/Orderofcanonsregular.html"]http://www.opusangelorum.org/HistoryORC/Or...onsregular.html[/url]

Pax!
Sorry, that's all I got on them. Take a look at the site...hopefully it'll help!

[quote name='MandyKhatoon' post='1623198' date='Aug 9 2008, 10:34 PM']Who are the Sisters of the Holy Cross? Do they have a website?[/quote]

Forgive me for such a delay in my response...it is very seldom that I come on this forum. Anyhow, in regards to your inquiries about the Sisters of the Holy Cross, let me try to say what I can for the Order...

The Sisters of the Holy Cross are both a contemplative as well as active community living simple lives in imitation of the Blessed Mother and the Holy Women who followed Jesus and His disciples during His ministry. What this actually translates to is that their main focus is Adoration of the Most Blessed Sacrament and praying and sacrificing for priests, assisting them - especially their Brothers of the Order of the Holy Cross - in simple, behind the scenes tasks like domestic work and secretarial work. All this they do in union with the Holy Angels, they teach them to be "another Mary" as each day they teach them to adore Him, to serve others and strive to do His will out of love for Him.

The Brothers are the preachers, they are sent out on mission to preach retreats and do missions and the sisters back them with their prayers and whatever else they can do for them so they are free to go out and do the pastoral work they are called to do. This doesn't mean that the Sisters do absolutely no "preaching". Some of the sisters - few, but some - will sometimes be called to give conferences or teach catechism.

Their Motherhouse is in Austria and presently the formation of vocations that are called to them is done in Germany and Austria after the aspirant has been with them in Detroit for a year or so. This can be a bit of a difficulty for some who have inquired about our community because it entails living abroad for a few years and learning a new language, German.

In Detroit there are 5 perpetually professed Sisters and a young girl who at present is living with us as she finishes her studies before officially entering.Their life in Detroit is very much centered around the Opus Angelorum Office.

The Sisters don't really have a web-site but you can check out the OA web-site and see what their spirituality is all about: working and living in union with the Holy Angels. Click on the link about the Confraternity of the guardian angel and that will explain much.

Be assured of my prayers for all of you who are discerning priesthood/Religious Life. I will keep you and your discernment in my prayers... the most important thing is to ask Jesus each day to show you what He wants of you and to grant you the grace to respond as Mary did...

In His Most Sacred Heart,

FiliaMariae

PS their web-site: www.opusangelorum.org

[quote name='FiliaMariae' post='1629236' date='Aug 16 2008, 10:39 PM']Forgive me for such a delay in my response...it is very seldom that I come on this forum. Anyhow, in regards to your inquiries about the Sisters of the Holy Cross, let me try to say what I can for the Order...

The Sisters of the Holy Cross are both a contemplative as well as active community living simple lives in imitation of the Blessed Mother and the Holy Women who followed Jesus and His disciples during His ministry. What this actually translates to is that their main focus is Adoration of the Most Blessed Sacrament and praying and sacrificing for priests, assisting them - especially their Brothers of the Order of the Holy Cross - in simple, behind the scenes tasks like domestic work and secretarial work. All this they do in union with the Holy Angels, they teach them to be "another Mary" as each day they teach them to adore Him, to serve others and strive to do His will out of love for Him.

The Brothers are the preachers, they are sent out on mission to preach retreats and do missions and the sisters back them with their prayers and whatever else they can do for them so they are free to go out and do the pastoral work they are called to do. This doesn't mean that the Sisters do absolutely no "preaching". Some of the sisters - few, but some - will sometimes be called to give conferences or teach catechism.

Their Motherhouse is in Austria and presently the formation of vocations that are called to them is done in Germany and Austria after the aspirant has been with them in Detroit for a year or so. This can be a bit of a difficulty for some who have inquired about our community because it entails living abroad for a few years and learning a new language, German.

In Detroit there are 5 perpetually professed Sisters and a young girl who at present is living with us as she finishes her studies before officially entering.Their life in Detroit is very much centered around the Opus Angelorum Office.

The Sisters don't really have a web-site but you can check out the OA web-site and see what their spirituality is all about: working and living in union with the Holy Angels. Click on the link about the Confraternity of the guardian angel and that will explain much.

Be assured of my prayers for all of you who are discerning priesthood/Religious Life. I will keep you and your discernment in my prayers... the most important thing is to ask Jesus each day to show you what He wants of you and to grant you the grace to respond as Mary did...

In His Most Sacred Heart,

FiliaMariae

PS their web-site: www.opusangelorum.org[/quote]

Oh my goodness! I know those Sisters! I just wasn't sure if those were the Sisters of the Holy Cross you were talking about! I've seen some at Assumption Grotto Church in Detroit. They are extremely beautiful! I've always wanted to go and visit them! That's something that I'll put on my to-do list! :)