An Old School Catholic Message Board

Did Mein Kampf Influence Islamic Terror?

KnightofChrist

There are deep connections between the Nazi party and the Baath party of Iraq. In fact, Hussein modeled his coup, which brought him to power, on Hitler coup, the Night of the Long Knives.
Seriously.
I think Hussein aspired to the "greatness" of Hilter, and the deep anti-Jewish racism of the Nazis has strongly influenced the arab thinking.
In fact, before the founding of the state of Israel, anti-Jew thinking among the arab states was much less significant.

Madame Vengier

Anyone interested can rent the following DVD (available on Netflix):

"Obsession: Radical Islam's War Against the West"

Goes into great detail about the relationship between Hilter and the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem, including the Mufti's Islamic army mentioned by Ruso a few posts up. Also, the documentary details how the Islamist radicals of today have modelled themselves after Hitler's regime, as mentioned by Saint Therese in the post above.

Link to the movie, with preview: [url="http://www.obsessionthemovie.com/"]http://www.obsessionthemovie.com/[/url]

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think so.The muslims have been fighting Christianity for ages.
What I can see in Hitler's writings and policies is the dark finger of satanism. Hitler was obsessed with the occult!

Madame Vengier

[quote name='Majella' post='1663388' date='Sep 25 2008, 03:00 AM']I don't think so.The muslims have been fighting Christianity for ages.
What I can see in Hitler's writings and policies is the dark finger of satanism. Hitler was obsessed with the occult![/quote]

Correction: The Muslims have been fighting EVERYONE for ages.

And Hitler is certainly one of their heroes.

[quote name='Saint Therese' post='1653680' date='Sep 12 2008, 12:58 AM']There are deep connections between the Nazi party and the Baath party of Iraq. In fact, Hussein modeled his coup, which brought him to power, on Hitler coup, the Night of the Long Knives.
Seriously.
I think Hussein aspired to the "greatness" of Hilter, and the deep anti-Jewish racism of the Nazis has strongly influenced the arab thinking.[/quote]

I have read about How Saddam was basically in love with Hitler's ideas. Incredibly creepy.
However it is important not to confuse Hussein Islamism. Saddam was a bad Muslim.

Madame Vengier

[quote name='Maggie' post='1663463' date='Sep 25 2008, 11:08 AM']I have read about How Saddam was basically in love with Hitler's ideas. Incredibly creepy.
However it is important not to confuse Hussein Islamism. Saddam was a bad Muslim.[/quote]

Maggie, sincerely, who are you to judge who is a bad Muslim or even what a bad Muslim is?

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1663466' date='Sep 25 2008, 12:16 PM']Maggie, sincerely, who are you to judge who is a bad Muslim or even what a bad Muslim is?[/quote]

Well I really am not an expert, that is just what I have read, that the really extremist Muslims didn't like him during his rule because he liked a lot of un-Islamic things like booze and women. He wasn't socially right-wing enough for them, etc. He was less of a religious, impose-theocracy-by-violence thug and more of a narcissistic-megalomaniacal-monster kind of thug, hence his fondness and emulation of Hitler, whose religion more or less began and ended with worship of himself. Iraq-style Islam was a lot less "orthodox" than Iranian-style Islam at least as practiced by Saddam.

Madame Vengier

[quote name='Maggie' post='1663585' date='Sep 25 2008, 02:16 PM']Well I really am not an expert, that is just what I have read, that the really extremist Muslims didn't like him during his rule because he liked a lot of un-Islamic things like booze and women. He wasn't socially right-wing enough for them, etc. He was less of a religious, impose-theocracy-by-violence thug and more of a narcissistic-megalomaniacal-monster kind of thug, hence his fondness and emulation of Hitler, whose religion more or less began and ended with worship of himself. Iraq-style Islam was a lot less "orthodox" than Iranian-style Islam at least as practiced by Saddam.[/quote]

Well, this is true. But the Muslims who objected to his "un-Muslim like ways" would have preferred he were more like the President of Iran. Now, there's a good Muslim! And I'm not being sarcastic. They objected to Hussein's drinking and womanizing, not his murdering, lying, raping and theiving.

Edited by Madame Vengier

[quote name='Maggie' post='1663585' date='Sep 25 2008, 03:16 PM']Well I really am not an expert, that is just what I have read, that the really extremist Muslims didn't like him during his rule because he liked a lot of un-Islamic things like booze and women. He wasn't socially right-wing enough for them, etc. He was less of a religious, impose-theocracy-by-violence thug and more of a narcissistic-megalomaniacal-monster kind of thug, hence his fondness and emulation of Hitler, whose religion more or less began and ended with worship of himself. Iraq-style Islam was a lot less "orthodox" than Iranian-style Islam at least as practiced by Saddam.[/quote]

"Iranian Islam" is not Orthodox. Shia' Islam is only practiced by about 10% of the Muslim population world wide.

Furthermore Shia Islam is not "Iranian Islam" it is also practiced in Iraq(by a majority of Iraqi's actually) Afghanistan (though the Taliban's ethnic clensing took care of a lot of that) and numerous other Muslims across many nations.

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1663757' date='Sep 25 2008, 06:50 PM']Well, this is true.[/quote]

No it is not. As I have pointed out. It is evidently untrue to anyone with even an elementary knowledge of Islam or Muslim countries.

[quote]But the Muslims who objected to his "un-Muslim like ways" would have preferred he were more like the President of Iran.[/quote]

She referenced, I assume, radical Sunni sects like al-Qaida. No they would not have. The President of Iran is a Shia Muslim and as well all know the radical Sunni groups slaughtered Shia when they took over Afghanistan.

[quote]Now, there's a good Muslim! And I'm not being sarcastic.[/quote]
No, just astonishingly misinformed.

[quote]They objected to Hussein's drinking and womanizing, not his murdering, lying, raping and theiving.[/quote]
Please provide evidence.

You won't because there is no data to support such an absurd and hopelessly vague claim.

[quote name='Lilllabettt' post='1665514' date='Sep 27 2008, 11:55 PM']That is why I put "orthodox" in scare quotes, the extremists are orthodox Muslims only in their own minds.[/quote]

Yes, look I would like to mention this before I forget. I do not take argument personally. I enjoy it and surround myself in real life with argumentative people who have very different beliefs than me. So sometimes my aggressiveness can come off as rude or personal when I don't intend it to be. Now when someone says something shockingly bigoted/racist/xenophobic etc. I make no apologies for using caustic language, but generally, as with my reply to you, I really do not intend to sound so abrupt, it's just how I approach an issue.

I just mentioned that because reading back I saw that my reply to you may have seemed terse

[quote name='Saint Therese' post='1664715' date='Sep 26 2008, 10:13 PM']A "good" Muslim who doesn't drink or womanize but strongly believes in killing non Muslims is betterthan a "bad" Muslim???[/quote]

. considered by whom?

there are over a billion Muslims on the planet. Any time Madam V or anyone makes a broad, universal statement about "Muslims", "what Muslims want", "why Muslins act" she (or anyone, I make broad statement occasionally and am just as wrong for it) is wrong. It is astonishingly asinine to make any generalizations about the beliefs or motivations of a group of people with over a billion members spread out across numerous continents, cultures, languages, and political structures.