An Old School Catholic Message Board

Will Obama's Vp Pick Harm Him?

Lounge Daddy

Madame Vengier

[quote name='Winchester' post='1636809' date='Aug 24 2008, 05:30 PM']Biden's old and probably won't hurt Obama, unless he has a weapon of some sort.[/quote]

His weapon is his mouth. I can see him lording over Obama when Obama gets all cocky, as he's known to do, and Biden bringing him down with, "We both know why I'm here. To do your job for you. So you just simmer, little man."

A commentator on Canadian news said that he thought that Biden was on the ticket to do Obama's dirty work. That basically the campaign is gearing up to be really nasty, and Obama doesn't want to look nasty. Biden can say the stuff about McCain that Obama wants to, but would look really bad saying.

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1636915' date='Aug 24 2008, 05:34 PM']Sweet. And Michelle Malkin is calling them "Smarmy and Smirky". And another blog, not even related to politics is calling them "BamBI". As in O[b]bam[/b]a and [b]Bi[/b]den. That's awesome.

Let the games begin.[/quote]
Oh come on. You can do better than that. How about Obama bin Biden?

Madame Vengier

[quote name='fidei defensor' post='1637042' date='Aug 24 2008, 08:11 PM']Oh come on. You can do better than that. How about Obama bin Biden?[/quote]

Ohhhhhhh, [u]awesome[/u]!

Madame Vengier

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1637000' date='Aug 24 2008, 07:32 PM']A commentator on Canadian news said that he thought that Biden was on the ticket to do Obama's dirty work. That basically the campaign is gearing up to be really nasty, and Obama doesn't want to look nasty. Biden can say the stuff about McCain that Obama wants to, but would look really bad saying.[/quote]

Ah, very wise, grasshopper. I bet there is something to that, too.

homeschoolmom

Yep... Biden is the snippy, yip dog who can do all the name-calling and finger pointing while Obama stares blankly into space and stays above the mess.

BTW, here's McCain's new ad where he shows the stuff Biden has said about [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoJUcsaptW4"]Barack Obama.[/url]

Edited by kujo

I've said all along that Obama will need a Cheney-like VP in that his lack of experience requires an "old-hand" to balance that out.

Madame Vengier

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1637132' date='Aug 24 2008, 09:02 PM']Yep... Biden is the snippy, yip dog who can do all the name-calling and finger pointing while Obama stares blankly into space and stays above the mess.[/quote]

Right. And Obama's got that down to an art. But the tricky part with this is that up 'til now Obama has been able to throw people under the bus when they fire off with something insensitive on his behalf. He can't throw his own running mate under the bus. What is he going to do when Biden says something inappropriate? Obama won't be able to distance himself like he's been doing on along. What is he doing to do? Say, "I disagree with that statement and it doesn't reflect my feelings"? About his running mate??

Whatever. Maybe they will ruin each other.

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1637429' date='Aug 25 2008, 08:04 AM']Right. And Obama's got that down to an art. But the tricky part with this is that up 'til now Obama has been able to throw people under the bus when they fire off with something insensitive on his behalf. He can't throw his own running mate under the bus. What is he going to do when Biden says something inappropriate? Obama won't be able to distance himself like he's been doing on along. What is he doing to do? Say, "I disagree with that statement and it doesn't reflect my feelings"? About his running mate??

Whatever. Maybe they will ruin each other.[/quote]
I'll bet he says exactly that if/when the need arises.

Lounge Daddy

Oh I think that's exactly what he'll say too. And he'll get a pass on that easily; because voters will say "whatever, I'm voting for Obama and not Biden."