Paladin D Posted August 29, 2008 Posted August 29, 2008 [b]What are your thoughts on Barack Obama's DNC speech?[/b] Even though I disagree with Barack Obama's platform in general, I have to admit it was well done and pretty inspiring. Let's just hope the RNC can pull something similar off. One way to win votes is to play on the emotions, and both parties know this.
pan!c139 Posted August 29, 2008 Posted August 29, 2008 Agreed. He's a great speaker, very motivating. I have to remind myself at times of the nonsense that he's said. Very charismatic, that's why people are drawn to him, unfortunately.
Mercy me Posted August 29, 2008 Posted August 29, 2008 I remember his first speech there when he gave the keynote address 4 years ago and I don't think it was as good. Of course the one 4 years ago was truly great.
Resurrexi Posted August 29, 2008 Posted August 29, 2008 (edited) I thought it was nearly all rhetoric and almost no logic... Edited August 29, 2008 by StThomasMore
Fidei Defensor Posted August 29, 2008 Posted August 29, 2008 Beautiful. Differences aside, the speech was inspirational. Don't you just wish he was pro-life?
Resurrexi Posted August 29, 2008 Posted August 29, 2008 [quote name='fidei defensor' post='1641130' date='Aug 28 2008, 10:58 PM']Beautiful. Differences aside, the speech was inspirational. Don't you just wish he was pro-life?[/quote] Yeah. Even then, though, he'd be a bad candidate.
Fidei Defensor Posted August 29, 2008 Posted August 29, 2008 [quote name='StThomasMore' post='1641133' date='Aug 28 2008, 10:59 PM']Yeah. Even then, though, he'd be a bad candidate.[/quote] Good thing you can't vote, then I can and I will be voting for Barack Obama.
Resurrexi Posted August 29, 2008 Posted August 29, 2008 [quote name='fidei defensor' post='1641135' date='Aug 28 2008, 11:00 PM']Good thing you can't vote, then I can and I will be voting for Barack Obama.[/quote] Yay for murder! not
Fidei Defensor Posted August 29, 2008 Posted August 29, 2008 [quote name='StThomasMore' post='1641150' date='Aug 28 2008, 11:16 PM']Yay for murder! not[/quote] Yay for emotionally charged words! not
atheling Posted August 29, 2008 Posted August 29, 2008 [quote name='Paladin D' post='1641028' date='Aug 28 2008, 09:03 PM'][b]What are your thoughts on Barack Obama's DNC speech?[/b] Even though I disagree with Barack Obama's platform in general, I have to admit it was well done and pretty inspiring. Let's just hope the RNC can pull something similar off. One way to win votes is to play on the emotions, and both parties know this.[/quote] Hitler made pretty speeches too. What did St. Jerome say about drinking poison from a beautiful chalice?
pan!c139 Posted August 29, 2008 Posted August 29, 2008 [quote name='atheling' post='1641186' date='Aug 28 2008, 11:42 PM']Hitler made pretty speeches too. What did St. Jerome say about drinking poison from a beautiful chalice?[/quote] [b]GREAT[/b] point. I heard an audio of Hitler the other day, and strangely, he sounded similar to Obama. *shudders* Scary. Convincing and evil at the same time.
atheling Posted August 29, 2008 Posted August 29, 2008 [quote name='pan!c139' post='1641188' date='Aug 28 2008, 11:45 PM'][b]GREAT[/b] point. I heard an audio of Hitler the other day, and strangely, he sounded similar to Obama. *shudders* Scary. Convincing and evil at the same time.[/quote] Both socialists, too.
pan!c139 Posted August 29, 2008 Posted August 29, 2008 [quote name='atheling' post='1641192' date='Aug 28 2008, 11:47 PM']Both socialists, too.[/quote] That's what every Democratic politician seems to be these days. We Americans are in a scary position, and half of us don't even know it.
Excelsior1027 Posted August 29, 2008 Posted August 29, 2008 (edited) I remember 4 years ago when he talked about there not being a Republican America and a Democratic America, but the United States of America. For all that, he sure seemed to make it an us against them thing tonight. Oh, and according to Obama, everything that's gone wrong in the past 8 years is the fault of Bush and the Republican Party. Edited August 29, 2008 by Excelsior1027
Madame Vengier Posted August 29, 2008 Posted August 29, 2008 He's the Golden Calf. That's all I have to say.
Madame Vengier Posted August 29, 2008 Posted August 29, 2008 [quote name='fidei defensor' post='1641135' date='Aug 29 2008, 01:00 AM']Good thing you can't vote, then I can and I will be voting for Barack Obama.[/quote] Score one for baby-killing, terrorist-pandering, and racist-pandering. And general corruption, socialiasm, lies and deceit.
Madame Vengier Posted August 29, 2008 Posted August 29, 2008 [quote name='pan!c139' post='1641195' date='Aug 29 2008, 01:52 AM']We Americans are in a scary position, and half of us don't even know it.[/quote] Word.
kujo Posted August 29, 2008 Posted August 29, 2008 Very inspiring. I really enjoyed the part about patriotism. So true...let's stop thinking that everyone who thinks differently than us is part of some diabolical plan to bring down this country.
dominicansoul Posted August 29, 2008 Posted August 29, 2008 HOT AIR FLUFF SAME OL' SAME OL' SONG AND DANCE DRAMATIC YET EMPTY
dUSt Posted August 29, 2008 Posted August 29, 2008 It was okay. Still can't vote for a pro-choice politician, especially now that the lukewarm pro-life McCain has picked a [b]solid [/b]pro-life running mate. If McCain would have picked a pro-choice VP then I think my conscience would have allowed me to vote either way. Now it's a slam dunk pro-life vote. No Obama nation for me.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now