Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Your Thoughts On Barack Obama's Dnc Speech


Recommended Posts

Lounge Daddy
Posted

[quote name='Hassan' post='1642121' date='Aug 29 2008, 11:45 PM']what a disgusting tactic.[/quote]
Well, Obama says he wants to feed the world's poor. But he doesn't have to be president to do that--he can give his own brother a $20 and he nearly doubled the poor guy's annual income.

Or does Obama only want to feed the poor with other people's money? (psst, the answer is "yes, he does")

Posted

[quote name='MakeYouThink' post='1642122' date='Aug 29 2008, 10:49 PM']Oh, I apologize for that. All in good fun chap, okay.[/quote]

it's fine



[quote]I expected this answer. It's what I have been saying already. The Democrats are now going to be placed in power, because many people have the same setiment as you. What people don't realize is that both sides are about the same.[/quote]

I know, I am not a republican.



[quote]Hmmmm. Do you mean that whole rapture thing. That's not happening until it is all done. BTW, did you diagnois him yourself? Did he tell you that he was ill?[/quote]


I have talked with him for hours on end, I went to far to say he was Schitzophrenic, he is highly mentally ill.

[quote]Hmmm, snap judgments. Too many snap judgments. You make people look like uncivilized creeps, saying someone had a chemical imbalance and make fun of him like that.[/quote]


I did not make fun of him

[quote]Someone, give him a I don't rep the Pope status, because he doesn't! He might stop people with mental handicaps like depression from coming here, because his attitude is disgusting.[/quote]

I have a good deal of mental illness in my family, I have three Autistic Cousins, I have never once made fun of people with mental illness.

Posted

[quote name='Lounge Daddy' post='1642125' date='Aug 29 2008, 11:56 PM']Well, Obama says he wants to feed the world's poor. But he doesn't have to be president to do that--he can give his own brother a $20 and he nearly doubled the poor guy's annual income.[/quote]

Yeah, well done copying Rush's line almost word for word.

let's see what Obama's half brother says of the matter.

"They say I live on a dollar a month, but this is all lies by people who don't want my brother to win."

CNN interviewed him, apparently he think's Rush is full of it


[quote]Or does Obama only want to feed the poor with other people's money? (psst, the answer is "yes, he does")[/quote]

cliche ahoy!

Posted

[quote name='fidei defensor' post='1642073' date='Aug 29 2008, 11:02 PM']So you're pro-democracy if it serves your purposes but against it if it doesn't, even if a majority vote for what you oppose? I realize you're going to spit "truth isnt a majority vote" back at me, but maybe you shouldn't live in the US if you only like democracy when it agrees with you...[/quote]

Wrong. i don't think that way. I just disagree with democracy being used against human life. Maybe catholics shouldn't be in this country if we don't have the right to make a real difference. Democrats dont want to make a real difference or go forward, they want to go into a downward spiral. with the 5 non-negotiable s, denying choice and freedom to millions. Do we not have the god given right to fight against those things which destroy the family which ultimately holds up a sound society? I love my country and yes I like democracy but freedom is not the right to do what ever we want it's the choice to do what is right.

Lounge Daddy
Posted

[quote name='fidei defensor' post='1642073' date='Aug 29 2008, 11:02 PM']... maybe you shouldn't live in the US if you only like democracy when it agrees with you...[/quote]
Wow. Thank God that people who didn't agree with slavery didn't just move someplace else, like back to England, rather than fight to correct an objective wrong.

Posted

[quote name='Lounge Daddy' post='1642147' date='Aug 30 2008, 12:14 AM']Wow. Thank God that people who didn't agree with slavery didn't just move someplace else, like back to England, rather than fight to correct an objective wrong.[/quote]

Thank You Kind Sir.

Roamin Catholic
Posted

[quote name='Roamin_Catholic' post='1642115' date='Aug 29 2008, 10:40 PM']wow.....I love how simply saying that someone doesnt have to speak the same language as someone else in order to sound like them, got a long winded response like that out of you...it looks like you ae the one grasping at straws...[/quote]

ignoring me eh?

Posted

[quote name='Seven77' post='1641985' date='Aug 29 2008, 08:06 PM']I must say the man is a very eloquent speaker (even if his words were cotton candy) and was quite respectful towards McCain. Personally i did find myself for a second wishing he was pro-life.

I also perceived cowardice. [b]Didn't he say something like "we don't agree with abortion but something needs to be done about unwanted pregnancies"? [/b]And he watered down and equated his support of same sex unions with non-discrimination.[/quote]

And when asked when human life begins, he said it was "above my pay grade".

Candidate Hopenchange from the political machinations of Chicago at his best.

Posted

[quote name='Seven77' post='1641991' date='Aug 29 2008, 08:14 PM']no need to knock The Little Engine...i believe Bob the Builder is "Yes we can" and the Engine is "i think i can"

just FYI.[/quote]

I'm not knocking it - I'm knocking the juvenile chanting of adult voters of a Republic who are reduced to paraphrasing children's books.

Posted

[quote name='Roamin_Catholic' post='1642115' date='Aug 29 2008, 11:40 PM']wow.....I love how simply saying that someone doesnt have to speak the same language as someone else in order to sound like them, got a long winded response like that out of you...it looks like you ae the one grasping at straws...[/quote]

Sure, because it is just so funny.

"He reminds me of Hitler"

Is that really the best you all have?

Again, Your text reminds me a lot of the Butcher of the Balkins :detective: :detective:


both are so silly it is mind blowing

HisChildForever
Posted

[quote]I have a good deal of mental illness in my family, I have three Autistic Cousins, I have never once made fun of people with mental illness.[/quote]

Autism is a brain development disorder, not a mental illness.

Posted

[quote name='atheling' post='1642153' date='Aug 30 2008, 12:19 AM']I'm not knocking it - I'm knocking the juvenile chanting of adult voters of a Republic who are reduced to paraphrasing children's books.[/quote]

ummm...do you know what "paraphrasing" actually means?

Lounge Daddy
Posted

[quote name='Akalyte' post='1642148' date='Aug 30 2008, 12:15 AM']Thank You Kind Sir.[/quote]
You're welcome, my good man.

Posted

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1642155' date='Aug 29 2008, 11:19 PM']Autism is a brain development disorder, not a mental illness.[/quote]


you are absolutly right and I should not have been so sloppy with terms:detective:

Roamin Catholic
Posted

[quote name='Hassan' post='1642154' date='Aug 30 2008, 12:19 AM']Sure, because it is just so funny.

"He reminds me of Hitler"

Is that really the best you all have?

Again, Your text reminds me a lot of the Butcher of the Balkins :detective: :detective:


both are so silly it is mind blowing[/quote]


uhh, I never said that he reminds me of Hitler....YOU NEED TO LEARN HOW TO READ

HisChildForever
Posted

[quote name='Hassan' post='1642160' date='Aug 30 2008, 12:22 AM']you are absolutly right and I should not have been so sloppy with terms:detective:[/quote]

Your statement was more sloppy than a sloppy joe.

Posted

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1642167' date='Aug 29 2008, 11:24 PM']Your statement was more sloppy than a sloppy joe.[/quote]

ok?

Posted

[quote name='Roamin_Catholic' post='1642162' date='Aug 29 2008, 10:23 PM']uhh, I never said that he reminds me of Hitler....YOU NEED TO LEARN HOW TO READ[/quote]

And write.

Posted

[quote name='Roamin_Catholic' post='1642162' date='Aug 29 2008, 11:23 PM']uhh, I never said that he reminds me of Hitler....YOU NEED TO LEARN HOW TO READ[/quote]


I was responding to this

"GREAT point. [b]I heard an audio of Hitler [/b]the other day, and strangely, [b]he sounded similar to Obama[/b]. *shudders* Scary. Convincing and evil at the same time".

Posted

[quote name='Hassan' post='1642175' date='Aug 29 2008, 10:29 PM']I was responding to this

"GREAT point. [b]I heard an audio of Hitler [/b]the other day, and strangely, [b]he sounded similar to Obama[/b]. *shudders* Scary. Convincing and evil at the same time".[/quote]

The demagoguery sure reminds me of Adolph...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...