XIX Posted August 29, 2008 Posted August 29, 2008 (edited) I have no idea where you are going with that analogy... I don't see how cake is analogous to politics... I could just as easily say that pizza is fine whether you have pepperoni to go with it or not. I mean I care about the other issues, I just don't really vote on them. I have yet to see a circumstance in which a pro-life candidate would be preferrable to a pro-choice candidate. Edited August 29, 2008 by XIX
XIX Posted August 29, 2008 Posted August 29, 2008 (edited) nvm, replied in the wrong thread... Edited August 29, 2008 by XIX
Didacus Posted August 29, 2008 Posted August 29, 2008 [quote name='dominicansoul' post='1641525' date='Aug 29 2008, 12:49 PM']GO RED WINGS in the WHITE HOUSE!!!!!!![/quote] Wouldn't be the Washington Caps?
dominicansoul Posted August 29, 2008 Posted August 29, 2008 [quote name='XIX' post='1641515' date='Aug 29 2008, 11:45 AM']I completely disagree. There are a lot of issues, but given the enormity and the enormous-ness of abortion, every other issue (especially the war and the economy) is basically dwarfed by abortion.[/quote] OMIGOSH... we think alike!!!
HisChildForever Posted August 29, 2008 Posted August 29, 2008 [quote name='XIX' post='1641533' date='Aug 29 2008, 12:55 PM']nvm, replied in the wrong thread...[/quote] No...I think this IS the right thread...It seems they squashed two threads together...or maybe I'm losing my mind.
dominicansoul Posted August 29, 2008 Posted August 29, 2008 [quote name='Didacus' post='1641535' date='Aug 29 2008, 11:56 AM']Wouldn't be the Washington Caps?[/quote] who cares? the woman is a [color="#0000FF"][size=7]HOCKEY MOM[/size][/color]
atheling Posted August 29, 2008 Posted August 29, 2008 She is also an avid hunter, fisherman, and lifetime member of the NRA. She's a real sportswoman, and moose stew is her favorite dish! I liked seeing her family at her speech. Her oldest daughter held the baby, who was born in April. She has a son who is going to serve in Iraq this September.
Madame Vengier Posted August 29, 2008 Posted August 29, 2008 [quote name='XIX' post='1641515' date='Aug 29 2008, 12:45 PM']I completely disagree. There are a lot of issues, but given the enormity and the enormous-ness of abortion, every other issue (especially the war and the economy) is basically dwarfed by abortion.[/quote] So if she wanted to burn up Jews or gays or Catholics in ovens, that would be okay because she's pro-life? Broaden your perspective. Everyone here agress that the abortion issue is of profound importanance and for most us, a deal-breaker in politics. But Sarah Palin needs support NOT just for being pro-life. She is not running for VP of Pro-lifers.
Madame Vengier Posted August 29, 2008 Posted August 29, 2008 [quote name='XIX' post='1641530' date='Aug 29 2008, 12:53 PM']I mean I care about the other issues, I just don't really vote on them. I have yet to see a circumstance in which a pro-life candidate would be preferrable to a pro-choice candidate.[/quote] I would never vote for a pro-abortion candidate but I would also never vote for someone *just* becuase they are pro-life. And Sarah Palin needs support for her other issues, not just her pro-life stance. This is NOT a debate about what issue is more important. That issue has already been settled. Move on to supporting Sarah Palin for the other issues that will benefit America.
atheling Posted August 29, 2008 Posted August 29, 2008 Statement by the Palin family after Trig was born in April: [quote][b]“We knew through early testing he would face special challenges, and we feel privileged that God would entrust us with this gift and allow us unspeakable joy as he entered our lives. We have faith that every baby is created for good purpose and has potential to make this world a better place. We are truly blessed.” (April 18, 2008, Anchorage Daily News)[/b][/quote]
dUSt Posted August 29, 2008 Posted August 29, 2008 She's actually a better public speaker than McCain, and dare I say, Hillary. And she's hot.
Madame Vengier Posted August 29, 2008 Posted August 29, 2008 [quote name='HisChildForever' post='1641512' date='Aug 29 2008, 12:42 PM']Agreed!!! I actually now have hope for the upcoming election. [/quote] I was afraid he's choose a lousy running mate. But I was also afraid he'd choose a running mate who I would be embarassed to support. But Palin is soooooooo cool, I want a T-shirt!
Madame Vengier Posted August 29, 2008 Posted August 29, 2008 [quote name='dominicansoul' post='1641501' date='Aug 29 2008, 12:33 PM']if she wanted to burn jews in ovens...she wouldn't be pro-life![/quote] Explain that to the supporters of Bush's "war". But, that's off-topic.
Madame Vengier Posted August 29, 2008 Posted August 29, 2008 [quote name='dominicansoul' post='1641503' date='Aug 29 2008, 12:37 PM']Much more experience than NObama![/quote] She's RUNNING A WHOLE STATE. How in the croutons can someone say she has "less experience than Obama"?? That is completely false and totally inappropriate. Ah, yes. But look who wrote that. Kujo, whom everyone knows is a closet Obama supporter, defending him all over Phatmass and questioning every negative comment directed at Obama, and demanding that posters explain themselves for their comments. Even while "claiming" to not support Obama b/c of his abortion record, Kujo will sit there and post a flat lie about Governor Palin, who is pro-life. Man, I have him on IGNORE FOR A REASON.
atheling Posted August 29, 2008 Posted August 29, 2008 I find it illogical that a person can say that one can be pro life and yet still burn Jews in ovens. Completely puzzling.
dUSt Posted August 29, 2008 Posted August 29, 2008 [quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1641567' date='Aug 29 2008, 01:22 PM']Ah, yes. But look who wrote that. Kujo, whom everyone knows is a closet Obama supporter, defending him all over Phatmass and questioning every negative comment directed at Obama, and demanding that posters explain themselves for their comments. Even while "claiming" to not support Obama b/c of his abortion record, Kujo will sit there and post a flat lie about Governor Palin, who is pro-life. Man, I have him on IGNORE FOR A REASON.[/quote] You're mean.
atheling Posted August 29, 2008 Posted August 29, 2008 (edited) Ditto. Mean spirited. Edited August 29, 2008 by atheling
dUSt Posted August 29, 2008 Posted August 29, 2008 [quote name='atheling' post='1641568' date='Aug 29 2008, 01:22 PM']I find it illogical that a person can say that one can be pro life and yet still burn Jews in ovens. Completely puzzling.[/quote] I know, I prefer my Jews dipped in funnel cake batter and deep fried. Baffling. Oh wait, I thought you said Twinkies. Nevermind.
Madame Vengier Posted August 29, 2008 Posted August 29, 2008 [quote name='StColette' post='1641485' date='Aug 29 2008, 12:20 PM']I believe with those stances she will appeal to even those who aren't inherently pro-life[/quote] Exxxxxxxxxxxxxactly. That is why I keep hammering about pro-lifers moving forward and supporting her for the big picture. It's up to Republicans to sell Palin to America for all the ways she will benefit America.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now