Justin86 Posted September 1, 2008 Posted September 1, 2008 [quote name='fidei defensor' post='1644369' date='Sep 2 2008, 02:49 AM']Do you really want to open THAT can of worms? You think ever former president before this time has been perfect? Just drop it.[/quote] I never said every President was. It is one issue that I care about, however.
kujo Posted September 1, 2008 Posted September 1, 2008 [quote name='Justin86' post='1644371' date='Sep 1 2008, 02:51 PM']I never said every President was. It is one issue that I care about, however.[/quote] What's the issue? Whether or not a President has taken drugs?
CatholicCid Posted September 1, 2008 Posted September 1, 2008 [quote name='dairygirl4u2c' post='1644111' date='Sep 1 2008, 09:03 AM']why don't they say similar things about mccain's veep as obama? she's younger than obama,,,, she's been in politics for 14 years, 13 if you count simply being on the alaska oil board where she just complained about ethics issues. obama for 12. at least obama's got 12 full years of legislator experience, whereas she has only two of govenor experience, and the rest is on the big leagues of city council....[/quote] We mustn't watch the same news channels, but that's all I hear about her on CNN, MSNBC, FOX, ect... One Senator put it nicely, reminding us that while she may not be the most experienced person to be a Vice Presidential canidate, someone with barely anymore experience is a Presidential canidate.
dairygirl4u2c Posted September 1, 2008 Author Posted September 1, 2008 [quote name='Justin86' post='1644325' date='Sep 1 2008, 12:24 PM']More like saying "present" when it comes to Obama. Seriously though, I commend your reading comprehension skills for being able to decipher dairygirl's post. I barely got a word of that.[/quote] i commend you in your humility,,, regarding your lack of reading comprehension.
Justin86 Posted September 1, 2008 Posted September 1, 2008 [quote name='kujo' post='1644374' date='Sep 2 2008, 02:52 AM']What's the issue? Whether or not a President has taken drugs?[/quote] I would rather not have someone in the White House who wakes up every morning craving one of the most vile drugs on earth. That's an issue I care about.
Justin86 Posted September 1, 2008 Posted September 1, 2008 [quote name='dairygirl4u2c' post='1644379' date='Sep 2 2008, 02:55 AM']i commend you in your humility,,, regarding your lack of reading comprehension.[/quote] I commend you on being the Queen of Commas.
kujo Posted September 1, 2008 Posted September 1, 2008 [quote name='Justin86' post='1644385' date='Sep 1 2008, 02:56 PM']I would rather not have someone in the White House who wakes up every morning craving one of the most vile drugs on earth. That's an issue I care about.[/quote] So, is it just crack that attracts your ire? How about coke? Meth? Heroin? Speed? Weed? How about cigarettes? Those are pretty bad too. Oh, and alcohol.....and coffee....
Justin86 Posted September 1, 2008 Posted September 1, 2008 [quote name='kujo' post='1644388' date='Sep 2 2008, 02:57 AM']So, is it just crack that attracts your ire? How about coke? Meth? Heroin? Speed? Weed? How about cigarettes? Those are pretty bad too. Oh, and alcohol.....and coffee....[/quote] Are you serious? Coffee? Coffee? This isn't even worthy of a response...
kujo Posted September 1, 2008 Posted September 1, 2008 [quote name='Justin86' post='1644389' date='Sep 1 2008, 02:58 PM']Are you serious? Coffee? Coffee? This isn't even worthy of a response...[/quote] I was being sarcastic.
picchick Posted September 1, 2008 Posted September 1, 2008 [quote name='Justin86' post='1644331' date='Sep 1 2008, 01:28 PM']Probably because he's been voting more than "present" in the Senate since Obama was smoking crack in college.[/quote] Personal attack...embarrassing because this is how many people fight through politics. [quote name='Justin86' post='1644357' date='Sep 1 2008, 01:42 PM']You do know Obama has admitted to using and selling crack while in college, right?[/quote] Yes, and Bush had a DUI/DWI [quote name='Justin86' post='1644368' date='Sep 1 2008, 01:47 PM']It's not judging him on his sins, it's judging him on whether or not he's really proven that he has the character to be President. And we do know it's fact. He's admitted to all of it.[/quote] Justin, if we look at the presidents in the past 20 years, how many of them really have proven that they have the character to be President...Bush had a DUI or DWI right? Yeah, great judgement character there....Clinton had an affair...nice loyalty. Although the fact that Obama used/sold crack in college is relevant decision maker, it is not a reason to bring it up here. This post has nothing to do with Obama smoking crack. I bet if we looked at McCain, he did a bunch of things as well during WWII.
picchick Posted September 1, 2008 Posted September 1, 2008 [quote name='Justin86' post='1644385' date='Sep 1 2008, 01:56 PM']I would rather not have someone in the White House who wakes up every morning craving one of the most vile drugs on earth. That's an issue I care about.[/quote] Oh....you mean he still craves it? Every morning? At all? You know that? Does he still do crack? Dude, people recover from drugs.
dairygirl4u2c Posted September 1, 2008 Author Posted September 1, 2008 i have always conceded obama's experience isn't the greatest. (i think it's adequate though.) i don't see why no one concede's that her's isn't the greatest either. if she does beat obama with two years govenor to his tweleve as legislator,,, it's just barely, and the point is not that she can just barely beat him, but that she lacks experience. the lack of candor in this thread is telling.
Justin86 Posted September 1, 2008 Posted September 1, 2008 [quote name='picchick' post='1644402' date='Sep 2 2008, 03:04 AM']Oh....you mean he still craves it? Every morning? At all? You know that? Does he still do crack? Dude, people recover from drugs.[/quote] Addicts crave whatever their addictions for the rest of their lives. Especially with something as strong as crack. You can never really "cure" an addict. They might be able to stop using, but they live with the addiction for the rest of their lives. I know Obama doesn't do crack now. That's obvious. I said this was [i]one[/i] issue I care about. Not the only thing. And how is it a personal attack when Obama has admitted to all of this?
Justin86 Posted September 1, 2008 Posted September 1, 2008 (edited) For clarification, if others don't view former drug use as an issue at all that is fine, you are entitled to your own opinion. I just disagree. Edited September 1, 2008 by Justin86
Winchester Posted September 1, 2008 Posted September 1, 2008 [quote name='Justin86' post='1644386' date='Sep 1 2008, 01:57 PM']I commend you on being the Queen of Commas.[/quote] Ellipses are free.
MakeYouThink Posted September 1, 2008 Posted September 1, 2008 (edited) [quote name='kujo' post='1644358' date='Sep 1 2008, 12:43 PM']And Bush did coke.[/quote] With his decisions during his presidency, I am not convinced he stopped. [quote name='kujo' post='1644358' date='Sep 1 2008, 12:43 PM']And Clinton "didn't inhale" weed.[/quote] You see, Free Willy has some kind of morals. Oh, who am I kidding, he's a pot head still! Edited September 1, 2008 by MakeYouThink
picchick Posted September 1, 2008 Posted September 1, 2008 [quote name='Justin86' post='1644411' date='Sep 1 2008, 02:10 PM']Addicts crave whatever their addictions for the rest of their lives. Especially with something as strong as crack. You can never really "cure" an addict. They might be able to stop using, but they live with the addiction for the rest of their lives. I know Obama doesn't do crack now. That's obvious. I said this was [i]one[/i] issue I care about. Not the only thing. And how is it a personal attack when Obama has admitted to all of this?[/quote] It was a personal attack because 1) the way you said it 2) the fact that it really has nothing to do with this thread when you brought it up I know that you cannot "cure" an addict. But there is a difference between trying something one time and selling it and using it day in and day out...what did Obama do? I don't know really. In other news, there are several things about Palin I like. I really didn't look up too much about her though and still need to. However, she is under attack for not have experience. If you read the papers that is one of the main things that people comment on.
MakeYouThink Posted September 1, 2008 Posted September 1, 2008 (edited) [quote name='Justin86' post='1644411' date='Sep 1 2008, 01:10 PM']Addicts crave whatever their addictions for the rest of their lives. Especially with something as strong as crack. You can never really "cure" an addict. They might be able to stop using, but they live with the addiction for the rest of their lives. I know Obama doesn't do crack now. That's obvious.[/quote] Not that this is in defense of Obama doing crack, I just wanted to mention something here to correct you, and hopefully open your mind. My friend and mentor Rick, after being caught with Heroine again about 15 years ago for the umpteenth time, asked God why he kept on doing it, with God's response that it was a hidden love in his 'heart'. He asked God to take it away from him, and viola, Rick hasn't been tempted by it ever again. He doesn't have a need for it anymore, because he has something better. So, yes, we can't cure an Addict, but what stops God from curing an addict, God is able to do things above and beyond what we can ask or think? Of course, I don't think Obama had done such a thing, because if Obama really had God involved in his life, Abortion wouldn't be on his mind, and his mind would be made up already. Edited September 1, 2008 by MakeYouThink
Lounge Daddy Posted September 1, 2008 Posted September 1, 2008 [quote name='Theosopher' post='1644337' date='Sep 1 2008, 01:31 PM']The comparison is simple, and I don't mean to be overly blunt but I think it necessary. Sarah Palin runs a state. Barack Obama runs his mouth. Which of those two better qualifies someone to be President?[/quote] That's fantastic!
Winchester Posted September 1, 2008 Posted September 1, 2008 [quote name='MakeYouThink' post='1644463' date='Sep 1 2008, 02:39 PM']With his decisions during his presidency, I am not convinced he stopped.[/quote] I should point out that being enslaved to the liberal media will hurt your ability to revolt.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now