Good Friday Posted March 27, 2004 Posted March 27, 2004 [quote][b]Dave writes:[/b] If you knowingly vote for Kerry, you commit a mortal sin. Heck, you may have already committed a mortal sin by intending to vote for him. As long as you're determined to do what the Church seriously forbids, you better not receive Holy Communion, as you'd be committing sacrilege.[/quote] Mon Dieu, statements like these amaze me.
Laudate_Dominum Posted March 27, 2004 Posted March 27, 2004 George W. seems like the best to me, but I don't really know that much.
popestpiusx Posted April 1, 2004 Posted April 1, 2004 Do you gree with that or not, good friday? LD, GW may be the best we have in this election. But that is entirely relative to who is running against him. The real question is how he stands up when compared to Catholic priciples. In that case it is hit and miss, depending on the issue.
Iacobus Posted April 1, 2004 Posted April 1, 2004 [quote name='popestpiusx' date='Apr 1 2004, 04:58 AM'] LD, GW may be the best we have in this election. But that is entirely relative to who is running against him. The real question is how he stands up when compared to Catholic priciples. In that case it is hit and miss, depending on the issue. [/quote] Yes.
jessinoelw Posted April 1, 2004 Posted April 1, 2004 (edited) Why vote for Bush? I will likely not be voting for a Presidential candidate at all. We should vote for the candidate that actually represents our stand on the issues, not just for the lesser of two or three evils. Refraining from voting is also a respobsible means of exercising your voting rights. It says, "None of these candidates represents me as a citizen." Abortion isn't the only important issue. We can't just vote for someone because they're mostly against abortion. What about health care? What about how willing they are to go to war (not even a just war at that)? What about the death penalty? What about contraception? There are other issues. Abortion is important, but that is only [u][b]one[/b][/u] aspect of the Church's teaching on the sanctity and dignity of human life. --Jessica Edited April 1, 2004 by jessinoelw
jessinoelw Posted April 1, 2004 Posted April 1, 2004 [quote name='Jericho923' date='Mar 7 2004, 12:22 AM'] It is always so sad that we muxt vote for the less worse [/quote] But we [b]don't[/b] have to vote for the least bad. You can refrain from voting for the President and that makes a statement as well. Vote your true beliefs and conscience, not just so that the least bad candidate will win and block the perceived worse guy. --Jessica
Colleen Posted April 2, 2004 Posted April 2, 2004 [quote name='jessinoelw' date='Apr 1 2004, 03:43 PM'] But we [b]don't[/b] have to vote for the least bad. You can refrain from voting for the President and that makes a statement as well. Vote your true beliefs and conscience, not just so that the least bad candidate will win and block the perceived worse guy. --Jessica [/quote] but isn't not voting just as bad? I mean, you might be letting the worse guy win. that's the problem with this country, i think. fewer than half of us who can vote, do vote. i almost feel like saying, if you choose not to vote at all, then don't complain. I'm not trying to be mean or anything. I just think it's extremely important to use the power of the vote.
the_rev Posted April 2, 2004 Author Posted April 2, 2004 WOW, I haven't viewied this in awhile! I hope President bush gets re-elected!
Ash Wednesday Posted April 2, 2004 Posted April 2, 2004 Honestly, I don't understand how people have become so far removed from how gruesome abortion is to even consider supporting someone that promotes it. Heck, even Hitler may have helped bring economic recovery to Germany, but who would vote for him now? I said it before, I'll say it again. If you don't want to vote for Bush and absolutely refuse to vote for him........ ...........rather than vote for Kerry, voteforjoe.com. I hear you colleen! I had a friend that gave me so much crapola for voting Bush in 2000. She [b]forgot[/b] to vote.
Lounge Daddy Posted April 2, 2004 Posted April 2, 2004 [font="Courier"]A for Bush is a real vote against the Pro-death Kerry[/font]
jessinoelw Posted April 2, 2004 Posted April 2, 2004 (edited) Oops...double post. Edited April 2, 2004 by jessinoelw
jessinoelw Posted April 2, 2004 Posted April 2, 2004 [quote name='Colleen' date='Apr 1 2004, 06:59 PM']I almost feel like saying, if you choose not to vote at all, then don't complain. I'm not trying to be mean or anything. I just think it's extremely important to use the power of the vote.[/quote] I didn't say I would not vote at all, nor have I complained. I just will not vote for a Presidential candidate. I refuse to vote for someone who doesn't actually stand for what I stand for. I'm not going to waste my vote by attempting to ensure that the lesser of two evils wins. Nor will I be manipulated by others (not saying you) who make ridiculous statements like, "Not voting is a vote for (fill in the blank with the 'evil' candidate of your choice)." I will exercise my voting rights responsibly and not vote for a presidential candidate if none actually stand for what I stand for. Not voting if no candidate truly represents you is one way to "use the power of the vote." If we only vote for the people we think "have a chance at winning," rather than the people who actually stand for what we stand for, we are not furthering democracy. --Jessica
thicke Posted April 2, 2004 Posted April 2, 2004 [quote name='Aloysius' date='Mar 6 2004, 11:25 PM'] [color=red]JEB BUSH 2008!!!![/color] [/quote] I thought he was going to be attorney general. <cue theme to the Twilight Zone>
thicke Posted April 2, 2004 Posted April 2, 2004 [quote name='Ash Wednesday' date='Apr 1 2004, 08:19 PM']voteforjoe.com[/quote] That guy is awesome.....I wish he had a chance of winning. For those of you to lazy to cut and paste... [url="http://voteforjoe.com"]http://voteforjoe.com[/url]
cmotherofpirl Posted April 2, 2004 Posted April 2, 2004 [quote name='thicke' date='Apr 2 2004, 05:07 PM'] I thought he was going to be attorney general. <cue theme to the Twilight Zone> [/quote] With Rick Santorum as VP!!!!
WCC_Catholic Posted April 3, 2004 Posted April 3, 2004 [quote name='Lounge Daddy' date='Apr 2 2004, 11:03 AM'] [font="Courier"]A for Bush is a real vote against the Pro-death Kerry[/font] [/quote] Amen
VeiledAMerici Posted April 3, 2004 Posted April 3, 2004 If I could vote, it would be for Bush, definitely! He supports the death penalty, opposes abortion (moreso than Kerry at least), and is trying to destroy homosexual marriage. I think that his views are much more Catholic-friendly than Kerry's any day. But being the oddball that I am, I'd prefer a monarchy lol. A Catholic nation, how great would that be. God bless.
WCC_Catholic Posted April 3, 2004 Posted April 3, 2004 i agree i think that Bush is more Christian/Catholic Friendly than Kerry
Lounge Daddy Posted April 3, 2004 Posted April 3, 2004 [quote name='WCC_Catholic' date='Apr 3 2004, 12:35 AM'] i agree i think that Bush is more Christian/Catholic Friendly than Kerry [/quote] [font="Courier"]Interesting, isn’t it?[/font]
VeraMaria Posted April 3, 2004 Posted April 3, 2004 Wow, that's interesting. Really interesting. I can't vote, I'm 15 and I'm not American...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now