An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Fate Of The Pm Book Society

dUSt

Well, it looks like the Book Society didn't get as much participation as I hoped for. Unless there is a huge uprising, I'll be merging these topics into Open Mic and closing this section of the phorum.

I like to keep things simple. Less topics = Less stress.

Dust, I'd suggest trying one more book, maybe we could all brainstorm and vote on a book, maybe then we could get more participation!

I couldn't find a copy of that book, and I didn't want to buy one!

So could you please give it another try?

I was wanting to read the book as well. However, I didn't look at PM books till a few days before Ash Wed. Plus I couldn't find the book online and didn't have the time in the last few weeks to go to a book store. Maybe one more time.

Good Friday

dUSt, I would actually have loved to participate, but I just haven't had time with work and everything. Sorry! But I think this is a great idea.

yeah I definitely was psyched to participate - but I needed a lil more time to get the book ... and then I didn't really have the money to spend - I know it was online but reading online is just not an option for me.

we should try again and vote for a book

[quote name='the_rev' date='Mar 5 2004, 10:51 PM'] I couldn't find a copy of that book, and I didn't want to buy one!
[/quote]
it's online, rev, and the link is in the first thread. You dont have to buy it, you can read it online, and its DEFINITELY worth it :D

[quote name='Iacobus' date='Mar 6 2004, 08:01 PM'] I was wanting to read the book as well. However, I didn't look at PM books till a few days before Ash Wed. Plus I couldn't find the book online and didn't have the time in the last few weeks to go to a book store. Maybe one more time. [/quote]
here's the link to the book online. it's worth it.

[url="http://www.emmerich1.com/DOLOROUS_PASSION_OF_OUR_LORD_JESUS_CHRIST.htm"]http://www.emmerich1.com/DOLOROUS_PASSION_...ESUS_CHRIST.htm[/url]

I can't comprehend stuff very well when I read it online. I definately would have done it though if it was a book I had!!!!!

[quote name='cathgirl' date='Mar 8 2004, 04:44 PM'] I can't comprehend stuff very well when I read it online. I definately would have done it though if it was a book I had!!!!! [/quote]
me too. if there's something long that i want to read online, i print it. i prefer having a book in my hand.

A book societ will create much needed culture!

I just felt left out since I was too busy in the begining of the last book...

Mia Culpa

I haven't tended to this as I had planned. I am in agreement with the rest, let us try one more time to make a go at this. I think it does add a sense of culture.

So, everyone who is in favor of keeping this open, let us make a pact that we will participate. Okay?

Fr. Pontifex

Edited by Pontifex