An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Fate Of The Pm Book Society

dUSt

I bought the book and read it. I would love to participate in the discussion, but it seems to me that breaking it down in chapters is a little too long of a time to spend on it. There might be other book crazed people like me who go from one book to another like little hummingbirds hoovering over flowers. :D :clown:

How about having the society recomend a couple of books a month and discussing not just those books, but also related stories and other topics?

Just an idea. :)

Praised be Jesus Christ!

I am a new member and am totally pumped about being in the book society.
Maybe we could start with something everyone could get their hands on like the Imitation of Christ by Thomas A Kempis or maybe an encyclical. I am open for anything. This would be a great part of the phorum, let's make it work!!!

in Him, with Him, through Him,

remnant

[quote name='Margarite' date='Mar 15 2004, 04:12 PM']I bought the book and read it. I would love to participate in the discussion, but it seems to me that breaking it down in chapters is a little too long of a time to spend on it. There might be other book crazed people like me who go from one book to another like little hummingbirds hoovering over flowers.  :D  :clown:

How about having the society recomend a couple of books a month and discussing not just those books, but also related stories and other topics?

Just an idea.      :)[/quote]
that's a good suggestion, margarite! and I like your avatar! :D

[quote]Praised be Jesus Christ!

I am a new member and am totally pumped about being in the book society.
Maybe we could start with something everyone could get their hands on like the Imitation of Christ by Thomas A Kempis or maybe an encyclical. I am open for anything. This would be a great part of the phorum, let's make it work!!!

in Him, with Him, through Him,

remnant [/quote]

remant, that book is heavy, I've read a little and it blows me away! Did you know St. Therese would read that book. I think she used to quote it, too. So my fam's got that book already.

[quote]i am in!!! what do i do?[/quote]
jericho, i think you just have to read the certain book that everyone agrees on and just post your thoughts, questions, and comments on the reading. Then other people who've read it will join in.

RemnantRules

Please keep this section on! I'm new and would love to read holy materials and for see the linkage of Saints, Religous orders, Popes, ect. to everyday life. So whatever it takes i'll for be here to back it up.

God Bless
Jason Gregory
Remnant Roadie

thanks angelica!!!
oka so wehere are we...there is an amazing book, very easy reading and extremely profound...you can buy it online (it is out of print) for about $5

"Letters from the Desert" by Carlo Carreto

Talks to anyone in any stage f their journey, i truly recommend this with the witness of many that have come to jesus and His Church through its pages!

how about reading "Lord have mercy" by Scott Hahn makes sense after the Dolorous Passion and since its Lent this book will help you make a good confession ...

Fiat_Voluntas_Tua

Hey guys,
I would love to join your book club...I am a senior in Highschool. Next year I am going to be studying Theology at Benedictine College, and I love reading about the Catholic Faith. (I just converted in Jan.) I would love to read that Scott Hahn book... Also [u]Hail Holy Queen[/u] is an amazing book. It is also by Scott Hahn. Pax et Agape per Maria.
Spread the Love.
-Andy

I go to Benedictine College! I am senor leaving the school and the Movement To Restore Authentic Catholic Culture on Campus in good hands.

Please take care of our school!