An Old School Catholic Message Board

Church Hopping

Trooper4DaHolyG

[quote]We use the word differently Troop. To a Catholic worship is the Mass, Adoration, Benediction. Everything else is a prayer service.[/quote]

Cmom, thank you! :D When it's put into context like that it's quite understandable why Dust and IcePrincess are saying Catholics can attend but not worship in other churches. :D

(I guess I still have some language 'problems' from my protestant days! :( Though since Easter is still a month away, maybe I can be forgiven? :unsure: )

IcePrincessKRS

Thank you for clarifying that Cmom! Sometimes I forget that I speak Catholic and non Protestant. lol

Ellenita, you'll get the hang of it! :) Being a convert you'll probably understand and distinguish the difference better than most.

Trooper4DaHolyG

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='Mar 9 2004, 09:39 AM'] We use the word worship differently Troop.
To a Catholic worship is the Mass, Adoration, Benediction.

Everything else is a prayer service. Catholics can attend a prayer service, but they are not worshipping. [/quote]
yeah I was just talking about worship through Praise, Songs, Testimonies etc. etc. I don't think other churches do the mass, benediction or adoration. But I see what you are saying... :mellow: