An Old School Catholic Message Board

Official Major League Baseball Postseason Thread

Paladin D

LouisvilleFan

Ya'll know what today is?

Opening day of goat hunting season!

Referencing the case of Red Sox vs. Yankees, in the 2004 ALCS, in order to break a curse, the cursed team must overcome nearly improbable and downright humiliating odds in order to win a series and proceed to the World Series. Personally, I believe the embarrassing fashion in which we've lost these last two games [i]at home[/i] makes our current situation about equivalent to being down 0-3 in a best-of-seven series. All we have to do is sweep LA on the road. In beautiful SoCal. There are no goats in SoCal.

Not to mention, the Marlins defeated us three games in a row to get to their World Series, so by no means is this impossible. I'm not predicting it, necessarily, but I believe it is a rite of passage that we must endure and defeat in order to break the Billy Goat Curse.

LouisvilleFan

[quote name='jckinsman' post='1670056' date='Oct 4 2008, 02:37 AM']I am from Seattle! Enough said! :unsure:[/quote]

Yeah... come back in 85 years...

I was up there for a game just over a year ago, I think during the last series of the season. They played the Rangers. Apparently Sweet Lou isn't having any more luck with the Cubs in post-season play than he did with the Mariners.

[quote name='Paladin D' post='1671329' date='Oct 6 2008, 01:58 AM']Phillies win the series against the Brewers, 3-1! :D :D :D

Time to take on the Dodgers on Thursday![/quote]

I'm sure you'll have no problem, if you can manage to have more hits than errors, and more strikeouts than unearned runs.

Edited by LouisvilleFan

Go Phils!!!!!! (I admit it, I hate all sports, but it's hard to ignore the hype when you're literally 45 minutes from Philly.) :yahoo:

Charlie Manuel's (manager of the Phillies) mom passed away Friday morning, he decided to stay for Game 2, but will miss Game 3 due his mother's passing.

Phillies are 2-0! :)

Phillies lost to the Dodgers in Game 3, but.......

the Phillies made a comeback in Game 4, *2* two-run homers in the 8th to put them ahead of the Dodgers 7-5!!! Check out the back-to-back homeruns here: [url="http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2008_10_13_phimlb_lanmlb_1"]http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?g...phimlb_lanmlb_1[/url]

[size=7][color="#FF0000"][b]Phillies win Game 4!!!![/b][/color][/size]

[img]http://msnbcmedia3.msn.com/j/ap/f8a03304-2e50-4d3d-bf80-341b3b309fa3.rp420x400.jpg[/img]

Just need one more win to make it to the World Series! :D :D :D :D :D :D

Edited by Paladin D

[quote name='Paladin D' post='1678668' date='Oct 15 2008, 09:43 PM'][b][color="#FF0000"][size=7]PHILLIES WIN THE PENNANT!!![/size][/color][/b]

World Series, here we come!
:drunk: :clap: :punk: :clapping: :popcorn: :breakdance: :twothumbsup: :kicking: :woot: :cheers: :yahoo:[/quote]

:woot:

[quote name='Paladin D' post='1678668' date='Oct 15 2008, 11:43 PM'][b][color="#FF0000"][size=7]PHILLIES WIN THE PENNANT!!![/size][/color][/b]

World Series, here we come!
:drunk: :clap: :punk: :clapping: :popcorn: :breakdance: :twothumbsup: :kicking: :woot: :cheers: :yahoo:[/quote]

Congrats, dude! I'll be surprised if anybody shows up for classes tomorrow. :) They earned it!!!!

LouisvilleFan

The Dodgers shouldn't have even been playing them... glad to see the Phillies got the job done and hopefully they'll bring a trophy to the National League :)