Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

Posted

The best part of the pig is the skin. My Mexican Godmother used to fatten up a pig every year, and after the unpleasantness, she'd fry the skin in the freshly rendered lard. Totally not like any pork rinds you get in a bag at the store. Crispy nirvana.

Posted (edited)

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1664653' date='Sep 26 2008, 07:14 PM']The best part of the pig is the skin. My Mexican Godmother used to fatten up a pig every year, and after the unpleasantness, she'd fry the skin in the freshly rendered lard. Totally not like any pork rinds you get in a bag at the store. Crispy nirvana.[/quote]

Obviously you've never had fresh head cheesé.

But that makes a close second...

Edited by T-Bone _
Posted

I can top that: chitluns

Posted

You know what's really good?
Liver!!

Posted

nah...Sauerkraut is best served with corned beef on rye...

Posted
:drool:
Reuben sandwich!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted

I'm Saint Olaf, and I approve this thread.

Posted

I'm SMM. I approve of this extensive talk of the kinds of pork. And beer.

Posted

[quote name='Sacred Music Man' post='1664849' date='Sep 26 2008, 11:06 PM']I'm SMM. I approve of this extensive talk of the kinds of pork. And beer.[/quote]

:beer:

Posted

That leads to the next topic: Oktoberfest is coming up!!! Yay beer!

Posted (edited)

[quote name='Saint Therese' post='1665035' date='Sep 27 2008, 10:47 AM']That leads to the next topic: Oktoberfest is coming up!!! Yay beer![/quote]

Isn't Oktoberfest already over?

Edited by T-Bone _
Posted
:huh:
Is it? Isn't it in October??
Posted

[quote name='Saint Therese' post='1665048' date='Sep 27 2008, 10:54 AM']:huh:
Is it? Isn't it in October??[/quote]

Nope. It's in September.

Posted

Then why do they call it "Octoberfest"? :detective:

Posted

[quote name='Saint Therese' post='1665056' date='Sep 27 2008, 11:00 AM']Then why do they call it "Octoberfest"? :detective:[/quote]

Because February 18, 1700 was immediately followed by March 1.

Posted

that doesn't make any sense.
:huh:

Posted

[quote name='Saint Therese' post='1665076' date='Sep 27 2008, 11:09 AM']that doesn't make any sense.
:huh:[/quote]

Germany switched to the Gregorian calender in February because the Julian calender had errors in it. The adjustment put thing in sync with how they should be.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...