Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Teens Pledge Allegiance To Obama...


Recommended Posts

Lounge Daddy
Posted

[img]http://drudgereport.com/tpa.jpg[/img]

Already little children are [url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=85420"]singing to "Dear Leader" Obama[/url].

And now[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUEQz5dltmI"] teens are pledging allegiance to Obama[/url]. As if going into combat. Coercion. Threat. Fascism is coming.

Posted

I saw that on Drudge, too! A bit unnerving isn't it?

Posted

[quote name='Autumn Dusk' post='1670956' date='Oct 5 2008, 06:36 PM']teens can't vote[/quote]

Some of us can, Autumn. ;) (Unfortunately, the majority can't work out for themselves who to vote for, going instead with the bandwagon. Not smart.)

Posted

I flat out don't believe you. Please stop.

Posted

[quote name='zwergel88' post='1670967' date='Oct 5 2008, 04:48 PM']I flat out don't believe you. Please stop.[/quote]
+J.M.J.+
:huh: huh?

Posted

While i think its odd that they pledge allegiance to a leader who's not yet our leader I'm not so taken aback by it all. In teen military programs this is REALLY common. I've seen it done to Bush in the early years before he was demonized.

princessgianna
Posted

WOW ok then that is kind ve creepy. While i am a young lady (16 years old) and am a BIG (not in size in spirit :)) fan to Palin!! That is because as i am growing up and coming out into the world i am really starting to take notice to the news, politics,my faith etc... and see Palin as a good role model!

I think to have kids sing to obama and for teens to pledge their allegiance to him is WAY TO FAR!!!!

May God bless the elections this year!
St. Jude Pray for us!

Posted

[quote name='Autumn Dusk' post='1670995' date='Oct 5 2008, 05:33 PM']While i think its odd that they pledge allegiance to a leader who's not yet our leader I'm not so taken aback by it all. In teen military programs this is REALLY common. [b]I've seen it done to Bush in the early years before he was demonized.[/b][/quote]

Proof please? I have not heard of this happening since the '30's...

Posted

It was in an jr ROTC type program. For highschool youth, but it was mostly boys. They "allowed" women in but never had one among their ranks. All the "Obama inspires me to...." could be replaced with "Our Comander in Chief George W. Bush inspires me to..." This was late 2001 or 2002. Also, the heroics of how GWB sent the troops to iraq, afganistan, etc to save us from the evils of Osama bin laden and Sadam hussain, and how he preserved freedom in the whole world, especially america.

Posted

[quote name='Autumn Dusk' post='1671016' date='Oct 5 2008, 05:54 PM']It was in an jr ROTC type program. For highschool youth, but it was mostly boys. They "allowed" women in but never had one among their ranks. All the "Obama inspires me to...." could be replaced with "Our Comander in Chief George W. Bush inspires me to..." This was late 2001 or 2002. Also, the heroics of how GWB sent the troops to iraq, afganistan, etc to save us from the evils of Osama bin laden and Sadam hussain, and how he preserved freedom in the whole world, especially america.[/quote]

I've been in the Jr. ROTC program. I've never seen a group of "Our Commander in Chief (Bill Clinton at the time) inspires me to..."

Even if that were to occur, that's a far cry from what was shown in the video.

Posted

maybe its because it was post 9-11. It still happened. And the vid was over the top but not that different

Posted

Is there a video of the Bush one online? It'd be interesting to compare the two.

Posted

[quote name='CatholicCid' post='1671043' date='Oct 5 2008, 06:17 PM']Is there a video of the Bush one online? It'd be interesting to compare the two.[/quote]

Probably not, since it very likely never happened.

Madame Vengier
Posted

Troubling. But then, some of us have been saying this all along. It's not just his abortion views. It's the whole Obama package.

Posted

[quote name='T-Bone _' post='1671045' date='Oct 5 2008, 09:19 PM']Probably not, since it very likely never happened.[/quote]

It very much did happen :annoyed: some of the good little catholic boys from the schools I talked about in the other thread were in it, too. It took me along time to see Bush was not a grand hero. Its all I knew of polotics and I believed it. I (along with the others) thought we knew everything about the world becuase of the hand-fed bits of information we recieved and we, especially the boys, without adult prompting or with it would express their loyality in such a way. I know he's not the worst, I won't demonize him, but I see reality now, much more then when I was filled with all their chants. The allure of these groups is just as much as a gang. Its a community that will take care of you and has your back. Just like I was taught Bush was....Bush was going to make everything ALL better.

Anyway I don't have video. Not sure it exists. Some stuff was viedo taped but most of it wasn't since there was a few wacko "camera will steal your soul" boys from one christian school involved for a while.

Posted

Shouldn't this be in Election section? I notice more and more political threads in Open Mic these days...

That said, the video didn't creep me out any more than the usual stuff. I'm actually just as creeped out by Palin trying to label Obama a friend of terrorism. For an "outsider" she sure she seems cozy with Washington's ways of attacking people.

Posted

The widespread blind cult-like devotion to Obama is still pretty darned creepy. I've really never seen anything quite like it with any other U.S. politician - not Bush, not the Clintons, not Kerry, not Gore.

It does closely resemble the "cult of personality" surrounding Communist and Fascist dictators, though. Extremely unsettling, to say the least.

icelandic_iceskater
Posted

that. was. freaky.

those poor guys :ohno:

KnightofChrist
Posted (edited)

[quote name='BG45' post='1671064' date='Oct 5 2008, 08:39 PM']Shouldn't this be in Election section? I notice more and more political threads in Open Mic these days...

That said, the video didn't creep me out any more than the usual stuff. I'm actually just as creeped out by Palin trying to label Obama a friend of terrorism. For an "outsider" she sure she seems cozy with Washington's ways of attacking people.[/quote]

Palin is being truthful, Ayers has [b]never apologized, and said he wished he did more[/b], of the [b]bombings[/b] he and his group set off in the Untied States. In fact he said on 9/11, to the NYT, ‘I don’t regret setting bombs. I feel we didn’t do enough.’

Obama served chairmen on Ayers charity organization. Obama and Ayers also worked on other community boards together. Ayers also held a meet the candidate event at his home for Obama when Obama first ran for office.

Obama’s campaign had previously described Obama's relationship with Ayers as “friendly.”
Obama has a friendly relationship with a man who is not sorry for bombings in the Untied States.

Edited by KnightofChrist

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...