An Old School Catholic Message Board

Teens Pledge Allegiance To Obama...

Lounge Daddy

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1671083' date='Oct 5 2008, 09:58 PM']Palin is being truthful, Ayers has [b]never apologized, and said he wished he did more[/b], of the [b]bombings[/b] he and his group set off in the Untied States. In fact he said on 9/11, to the NYT, ‘I don’t regret setting bombs. I feel we didn’t do enough.’

Obama served chairmen on Ayers charity organization. Obama and Ayers also worked on other community boards together. Ayers also held a meet the candidate event at his home for Obama when Obama first ran for office.

Obama’s campaign had previously described Obama's relationship with Ayers as “friendly.”
Obama has a friendly relationship with a man who is not sorry for bombings in the Untied States.[/quote]

You've just proven how this belongs in the politics section. Would you mind posting links to sources for your claims? I believe them, but still just saying.

[url="http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7653849.stm"]http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7653849.stm[/url] There's mine btw.

I fear the cult of personality that springs up around Sarah Palin just as much as that of Barak Obama. His more militant followers tend to make him some sort of deity, and hers are not far behind, for she apparently can do no wrong.

Edit: Although I believe the media had better things to do on 9/11 than a retraction. I would say that he did not retract it once they had time to report something so trivial in comparison to all the American lives lost is more of an indicator against him.

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1671117' date='Oct 5 2008, 10:17 PM']Obama IS a friend of terrorism. There are numerous sources of evidence in this matter and much of it has been posted here at PM. Some people choose to ignore it. Or forget it.[/quote]

Or have too much to do to browse through every PM thread, or don't browse the political forums because the amount of hate on both sides is staggering. Not accusing you of it Madame V, just stating that it can be.

Edited by BG45

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Hassan' post='1671121' date='Oct 5 2008, 08:20 PM']ummmm...Have you ever seen "Jesus Camp"?[/quote]

So you believe the Obama kids like the kids in the "Jesus Camp" film are worshiping in a scary way?

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1671128' date='Oct 5 2008, 09:30 PM']So you believe the Obama kids like the kids in the "Jesus Camp" film are worshiping in a scary way?[/quote]

The kids in Jesus Camp were not worshiping Bush, neither are those kids

You should chill out a bit and loose the paranoia. Yes, people get crazy over Obama and yes it is absurd, yes they did it with Bush, yes it was just as idiotic, not it does not make the US is now a totalitarian state.

princessgianna

[quote name='BG45' post='1671126' date='Oct 5 2008, 08:29 PM']I fear the cult of personality that springs up around Sarah Palin just as much as that of Barak Obama.[/quote]

really?!?!?!?

I see what you are coming from ...but no i dis-agree! come on nobody made up a song for little kids to sing about palin! And i also have not heard of any teen programs to pledge alliance to Palin either!

if anything i think people are excited that

1) it is a SHE!!!
2) She is verrry pro-life
3) and she is politician
4)that is a new face her family does not have much if any history in Public servant
5)and has morals
6) and is breath of fresh air!

7) and for young ladies a good role model (who is not a man-hater(hilary) or a baby killer (pelosi) )

and not to mention her awesome shoes!!! (had to say that :)) )

Now i agree we should be weary but for right i see no problem!

Pax! :))

thanks for sharing your concern!

Edited by princessgianna

KnightofChrist

[quote name='BG45' post='1671126' date='Oct 5 2008, 08:29 PM']You've just proven how this belongs in the politics section. Would you mind posting links to sources for your claims? I believe them, but still just saying.

[url="http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7653849.stm"]http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7653849.stm[/url] There's mine btw.

I fear the cult of personality that springs up around Sarah Palin just as much as that of Barak Obama. His more militant followers tend to make him some sort of deity, and hers are not far behind, for she apparently can do no wrong.

Edit: Although I believe the media had better things to do on 9/11 than a retraction. I would say that he did not retract it once they had time to report something so trivial in comparison to all the American lives lost is more of an indicator against him.[/quote]

The story you offer is how the Obama camp is denying the charge, do you think they have a reason too do that? Humm...

Proof from not so bias sources....

[url="http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/440/"]http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/440/[/url]

[url="http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0208/8630.html"]http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0208/8630.html[/url]

Edited by KnightofChrist

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Hassan' post='1671132' date='Oct 5 2008, 08:34 PM']The kids in Jesus Camp were not worshiping Bush, neither are those kids

You should chill out a bit and loose the paranoia. Yes, people get crazy over Obama and yes it is absurd, yes they did it with Bush, yes it was just as idiotic, not it does not make the US is now a totalitarian state.[/quote]

The Jesus Camp kids where worshiping Jesus Christ. Because you brought it up in context to these Obama kid songs, thought you were making a point that Obama kids where doing the same for Obama...

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1671125' date='Oct 5 2008, 09:28 PM']Really doesnt matter, after alone 9/11 was even more reason to apologize. But also because it was published on 9/11 and [b]he did not retract it that day[/b] is just as bad as saying that day.[/quote]

or maybe he is just as stubborn as you appear to be :P i say that in love brother. :)

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1671144' date='Oct 5 2008, 08:42 PM']The Jesus Camp kids where worshiping Jesus Christ. Because you brought it up in context to these Obama kid songs, thought you were making a point that Obama kids where doing the same for Obama...[/quote]

I am talking about the big cardboard Bush cut out the brought out.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1671144' date='Oct 5 2008, 09:42 PM']The Jesus Camp kids where worshiping Jesus Christ. Because you brought it up in context to these Obama kid songs, thought you were making a point that Obama kids where doing the same for Obama...[/quote]

I think he is talking ab out the part in the documentary where they have a lifesize cardboard cutout of Bush and they all kneel to it and are told to "speak a blessing to him"..

KoC,
Wow I quote a non-American news source and get slammed for bias now in a thread in Open Mic that's about politics! I do quite enjoy being slammed over a candidate I do not support. Again, this should be in Election Section.

Now thank you for your sources. :)

PG,
See I agree with those things, yet she is indeed a politician. Which in my cynical world sends up a red flag about all actions. That and I can bring up something she's done to a rabid supporter, with factual evidence, and will always get a "she would never do that!"

KnightofChrist

[quote name='SpareTime' post='1671150' date='Oct 5 2008, 08:45 PM']I think he is talking ab out the part in the documentary where they have a lifesize cardboard cutout of Bush and they all kneel to it and are told to "speak a blessing to him"..[/quote]

That is just as crazy then. Oh and I remember seeing in the Main Stream Media condemnation of Jesus Camp Video, no condemnation exist in the Main Stream Media for the Obama praise songs.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1671153' date='Oct 5 2008, 09:48 PM']That is just as crazy then. Oh and I remember seeing in the Main Stream Media condemnation of Jesus Camp Video, no condemnation exist in the Main Stream Media for the Obama praise songs.[/quote]

Because there was not a major documentary on it, the main focus was on the child abuse seen in the video, not Bush fanatics.

Again, paranoia is a bad trait.

As for the Mainstream Media, have you ever heard of Fox News? How about CNN's Glen Beck? Talk Radio?

KnightofChrist

[quote name='BG45' post='1671152' date='Oct 5 2008, 08:48 PM']KoC,
Wow I quote a non-American news source and get slammed for bias now in a thread in Open Mic that's about politics! I do quite enjoy being slammed over a candidate I do not support. Again, this should be in Election Section.[/quote]

What part of the world the article comes from is not at issue. What is at issue that you do not seem to understand was the story linked to was about how "[b]Obama[/b] rejects terror link 'smear' how [b]US Democratic presidential nominee [u]Barack Obama has hit back at claims[/u][/b] by his Republican rival that he associated with "terrorists".

Of course Obama is going to do that, it's a little duh duh.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1671157' date='Oct 5 2008, 10:53 PM']What part of the world the article comes from is not at issue. What is at issue that you do not seem to understand was the story linked to was about how "[b]Obama[/b] rejects terror link 'smear' how [b]US Democratic presidential nominee [u]Barack Obama has hit back at claims[/u][/b] by his Republican rival that he associated with "terrorists".

Of course Obama is going to do that, it's a little duh duh.[/quote]

I do understand that. Fortunately, I am not about to waste the evening being attacked for simply mentioning an article which anyone who bothered to read would know it was quoting Obama's campaign. Just as the following is obviously from the other point of view:
[url="http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7653114.stm"]http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7653114.stm[/url]

Aside from the sentence about how Ayers renounced his radical activities.