An Old School Catholic Message Board

Well, Pham, This Is It!

Saint Therese

Ah, yes. Joy and terror. Well said! We've all been there, but that doesn't make it any easier! The terror won't last. The joy will. Trust it.

Saint Therese

[quote name='littlesister' post='1676566' date='Oct 13 2008, 08:31 PM']Ah, yes. Joy and terror. Well said! We've all been there, but that doesn't make it any easier! The terror won't last. The joy will. Trust it.[/quote]
Who are you discerning with? :))

Little Sisters of the Poor. L-o-n-g time ago. The terror evaporated in a day or two. The joy has lasted for decades. God bless.

• 2 weeks later...
Saint Therese

So I'm waiting for my leave of absence from work to be approved,so I can leave on shedule for my aspirancy.
I would be grateful if everyone would pray for my intention.
Thanks!! :))

puellapaschalis

[quote name='Saint Therese' post='1684127' date='Oct 23 2008, 08:23 AM']So I'm waiting for my leave of absence from work to be approved,so I can leave on shedule for my aspirancy.
I would be grateful if everyone would pray for my intention.
Thanks!! :))[/quote]

Will do!
:sign:

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='Saint Therese' post='1688445' date='Oct 29 2008, 07:57 AM']I found out today that my leave was approved.[/quote]

Yay! :)

:bigclap:
So happy for you. Next week is coming fast. Happy Landings, and let us know how it went!
You will be in our prayers.

Good luck. I know you're doing what you're supposed to do, but it will be a lot less joyful on the phorum without you.

Saint Therese

[quote name='Nadezhda' post='1688787' date='Oct 29 2008, 03:25 PM']Good luck. I know you're doing what you're supposed to do, but it will be a lot less joyful on the phorum without you.[/quote]
Thank you! I'll definitely miss the phorum. Its been a real help since I don't have many close friends, and no Catholic ones, and my family isn't Catholic.

Saint Therese

I finally told my dad that I'm going to be leaving. It was very difficult. He doesn't understand it all I'm sure. I had to break it into two-yesterday I told him that I would be leaving and today I told him when.
A quote from the Gospels come to mind. It was when Jesus called a young man who said, let me go and bury my father, and Jesus said "Let the dead bury the dead.".
That's a hard saying.