An Old School Catholic Message Board

Well, Pham, This Is It!

Saint Therese

Saint Therese

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1689134' date='Oct 30 2008, 01:38 AM']wow, good for you
people like you make god smile
godbless[/quote]

I hope so. A co-worker told me Iwouldn't make a good nun and that I should make sure my going to Lockport is God's will and not my own. :sadder:

Its bizarre because random people have been coming up to me asking me if I want to be a nun (because I"m taking a leave of absence from work).
Today a coworker asked me that and I said yes. Turns out he used to live near the monastery and has even been there. He's a protestant minister and his broher is a Catholic priest. I thought it was neat.

Edited by Saint Therese

Follow Him stubbornly, Kayla. I don't think any of us are really cut out to be what He wants us to be--grace [i]forms[/i] us into what He wants, if we let it. :)

Edited by MissyP89

Saint Therese

[quote name='MissyP89' post='1689659' date='Oct 31 2008, 12:02 AM']Follow Him stubbornly, Kayla. I don't think any of us are really cut out to be what He wants us to be--grace [i]forms[/i] us into what He wants, if we let it. :)[/quote]
I used to really struggle because I know I'm a really weak and sinful person. But recently I realized that that's WHY God called me; its not that he called me despite that. I think he probably calls more worthy people but they dont' respond because they're too self reliant or something. I know a hundred people who are more worthy and better suited.
But..perhaps, as Mother Angelica says, "God is looking for dummies."

[quote name='Saint Therese' post='1689664' date='Oct 31 2008, 01:08 AM']I used to really struggle because I know I'm a really weak and sinful person. But recently I realized that that's WHY God called me; its not that he called me despite that. I think he probably calls more worthy people but they dont' respond because they're too self reliant or something. I know a hundred people who are more worthy and better suited.
But..perhaps, as Mother Angelica says, "God is looking for dummies."[/quote]

I have a very close friend, a Carthusian of 7 years now a diocesan priest who says "If the Church is a hospital for the sick (i.e. sinners), then the monastery is the intensive care ward."
Sometimes I think that maybe the only reason I'm called to the monastery is because in some sense Jesus has said "I'd best rein this one in". ;)

I think that comment by my friend may be just slightly "tongue in cheek" - as is mine - but I also believe there's some "meat" there to be processed, if you will.

Given some of the things St. Teresa of Avila has written regarding her early thoughts about her own vocation, she might well agree with my friend.

Peace

Saint Therese

Thank you all so much for your support! I know it sounds silly but PM is a large part of my faith family.
My work situation is getting interesting. I've been getting some really wierd random looks from coworkers I barely know. Its a little bizarre.Interestingly enough the two most supportive people of my vocation (at work) are a non christian and a Mormon friend of mine.
The only two non familial negative responses I've recieved are from Christians. Go figure. :scratchhead:

Carmeliteheart726

[quote name='Saint Therese' post='1689664' date='Oct 31 2008, 01:08 AM']I used to really struggle because I know I'm a really weak and sinful person. But recently I realized that that's WHY God called me; its not that he called me despite that. I think he probably calls more worthy people but they dont' respond because they're too self reliant or something. I know a hundred people who are more worthy and better suited.
But..perhaps, as Mother Angelica says, "God is looking for dummies."[/quote]

I'm the same way. I have a friend that thinks the same way too. We are both being called to the Carmelites. Her to the Carmelite DCJ order in St. Louis, and me to the Discalced Carmelite nuns (probably Arlington, TX or Georgetown, CA). I know I am a weak and sinful person too, but His love has transformed my life several times. I could not be where I am today if it wasn't for His call. There's no way I would have the grace enough to accept it if He wasn't calling me. I thank Him a million times over for asking me! I want to be a saint, and I hope I'm getting there :saint: God bless you! :D

Carmeliteheart726

[quote name='osapientia' post='1689867' date='Oct 31 2008, 01:12 PM']I have a very close friend, a Carthusian of 7 years now a diocesan priest who says "If the Church is a hospital for the sick (i.e. sinners), then the monastery is the intensive care ward."
Sometimes I think that maybe the only reason I'm called to the monastery is because in some sense Jesus has said "I'd best rein this one in". ;)

I think that comment by my friend may be just slightly "tongue in cheek" - as is mine - but I also believe there's some "meat" there to be processed, if you will.

Given some of the things St. Teresa of Avila has written regarding her early thoughts about her own vocation, she might well agree with my friend.

Peace[/quote]

Amen! I think Jesus is trying to "rein me in" too :lol_roll: God bless!