BG45 Posted October 12, 2008 Posted October 12, 2008 I've won twice on nano. This year I'll be juggling grad school, presenting at a state conference in my field, job hunting, working 40+ hours a week of retail during the Christmas season, moving downstairs, etc. plus nano. My two ideas right now: [quote]Synopsis: Unititled The world is in chaos following The Event and the Soviet-Sino War. Massive crop failures, the destruction of almost all of the world's oil supplies, the return of creatures of lore and worst of all the devastating Plague. Yet in the midst of this crucible, humanity is about to have visitors searching for what most of Earth's population considers a fairy tale. They have come searching for a Messiah predicted in their holy texts, a man named Jesus Christ.[/quote] And fanfic for the other idea: [quote]Nocturne: A Terminator/Babylon 5/SG-1 crossover. Skynet has succeeded in eliminating John Connor and Sarah Connor in the past. Judgment Day succeeds and humanity is soon wiped from the Earth. Skynet expands to the stars, and begins to mine the solar system in preparation for war with aliens that have a high probabilitiy of existence. Over one hundred years after Judgment Day the Centauri make first contact. Their ship is quickly captured and analyzed, the technology improved upon. Skynet is ready to expand across the galaxy, except for one small problem...the Sol system has no quantium 40, Skynet only has enough for one ship. It will have to wait for the Centauri to invade in force, and defeat them in Sol itself before it can have enough Quantium 40 for a fleet. Meanwhile, an Asgard ship has arrived in this dimension due to a freak accident during a quantum experiment...[/quote]
CatherineM Posted October 12, 2008 Posted October 12, 2008 [quote name='Hassan' post='1675561' date='Oct 12 2008, 11:11 AM']yes, look at Steven King Didn't you write a book a while back? Like something about your confrontaion with a white supremicist group? How'd that go?[/quote] I'm supposed to be going over it right now before they print the second edition. Just to see if I want to change anything, although I'm not allowed to change content, but I can make small changes in grammar, and fix a couple of typos that weren't caught before the first printing. The last time I asked, sales were around 4700.
MissyP89 Posted October 23, 2008 Author Posted October 23, 2008 My story is about magic and power and materialism. Good stuff! Also: LOUNGE DADDY AND PICCHICK IN THE HOUSE!!!!
MissyP89 Posted October 23, 2008 Author Posted October 23, 2008 Everyone who is officially signed up can join us at the NaNo forums here: [url="http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/node/3043201"]http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/node/3043201[/url]
Lounge Daddy Posted October 23, 2008 Posted October 23, 2008 [quote name='MissyP89' post='1684123' date='Oct 23 2008, 01:19 AM']My story is about magic and power and materialism. Good stuff! Also: LOUNGE DADDY AND PICCHICK IN THE HOUSE!!!![/quote] Boo-ya!
picchick Posted October 23, 2008 Posted October 23, 2008 [quote name='MissyP89' post='1684123' date='Oct 23 2008, 01:19 AM']My story is about magic and power and materialism. Good stuff! Also: LOUNGE DADDY AND PICCHICK IN THE HOUSE!!!![/quote] REPRESENT!!!!
philothea Posted October 23, 2008 Posted October 23, 2008 So, can we gripe here when the Nano site goes down?
Lounge Daddy Posted October 23, 2008 Posted October 23, 2008 That's a good idea. lol I just bookmarked this thread.
picchick Posted October 24, 2008 Posted October 24, 2008 I already have my idea starting in my head. I am excited now for Nov 1 to come!
Justin86 Posted October 24, 2008 Posted October 24, 2008 How about a story about a guy whose dad was Air Force, and then he joined the Navy. People would totally be into that!
philothea Posted October 26, 2008 Posted October 26, 2008 I have my idea at last! I will be expanding on some too-vague worldbuilding details, which are background for two existing novels: conflicts among immortal aliens who think they're gods. You know, the usual. I have stocked up on coffee, chocolate, and (ahem) booze. Plus, I got hold of a bunch of new music from my muse. (My muse is currently an actual musician. He better keep putting out new songs, or I'm in trouble!)
Lounge Daddy Posted October 29, 2008 Posted October 29, 2008 I'll be ready to begin writing on the morning of Nov 1st! I'm getting into the daily writing routine now. Waking up a bit earlier. Regular exercise (jogging). I have coffee. I have Coke Zero. Veggies for snacking at home. I tried to get a table reserved just for me at the local coffee shop, but they wouldn't allow it. Ah well. I am just about done plotting the novel start to finish. I just have a few more things I need to settle and then I am set to write it.
Kitty Posted October 29, 2008 Posted October 29, 2008 I think I'm going to have to back out. My schedule is just way too packed.
Lounge Daddy Posted October 30, 2008 Posted October 30, 2008 (edited) Ok. My NaNoWriMo region is having a kickoff at the coffee shop right down the street from me. It's from 11pm till 1am on Friday night. So it becomes a write-in after midnight. It's a coffee shop that I always go to to for distraction-free writing almost daily. It's kinda become an office for me. [url="http://loungedaddy.us/"] I posted a bit on my novel and a counter at my blog. [/url] I am set and ready to go! Edited October 30, 2008 by Lounge Daddy
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now