An Old School Catholic Message Board

Muslims Demand Own Prayer Room At University

Madame Vengier

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1678472' date='Oct 15 2008, 09:30 PM']I hope his quote wasn't directed at me. 'Cause I am ignoring him. :lol:[/quote]

yeah, it's really funny to act like we're in second grade while directing our immaturity at someone who tries only to make people realize that not all muslims are suicide bombers...
:unsure:

[quote name='Didymus' post='1678474' date='Oct 15 2008, 09:32 PM']How ignorant can folks be to actually put someone on ignore? The only time I could imagine that that tool would be useful is if someone were being excessively offensive, and if that happened yall could just have him or her banned.

What a ludicrous tool.

And about this muslim story, if you want the same for Catholics, then start working for it and quit complaining.

How many of you actually bring up real life experiences when complaining about the "dominance" of Islam over the rest of the world. Start bringing me with something more then your little news stories and maybe I'll care.

The truth is that things really aren't as bad as Madame V would have you believe. Sure these things might happen in some places, but I and everyone I know have still not been made to give up our own freedom of religion yet..[/quote]

you're awesome.

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1678460' date='Oct 15 2008, 09:11 PM']This ignore feature is spectacular. :smokey:[/quote]

Hassan:
[quote]What I really don't understand is why you put me on ignore but do not actually ignore me.[/quote]

:cool:

HisChildForever

[quote name='aalpha1989' post='1678475' date='Oct 15 2008, 09:33 PM']yeah, it's really funny to act like we're in second grade while directing our immaturity at someone who tries only to make people realize that not all muslims are suicide bombers...
:unsure:[/quote]

You're so cute, always helping the helpless with your rambling sentences.

Speaking of second grade, where I'm sure you learned some decent reading skills - I'm pretty sure the article Madame V showed said nothing about suicide bombers. We're not talking about suicide bombers. Her intent in this thread is not to convince anyone that Muslims are all suicide bombers.

Didy - Acknowledged his presence, yes. Read his posts, no.

Edited by HisChildForever

Madame Vengier

[quote name='Nadezhda' post='1678473' date='Oct 15 2008, 08:32 PM']There are a lot of threads on similar topics recently. I wonder what else is happening in the world? Canada had an election. Zimbabwe is experiencing joint government talks. Japan is making interesting advances in neurosciences.[/quote]

You're certainly free to post on those topics if you wish.

[quote name='T-Bone _' post='1678480' date='Oct 15 2008, 09:37 PM']As much as it pains me, I have to agree with Hassan on this.

Much ado about nothing...[/quote]

:shock:

Madame Vengier

[quote name='philothea' post='1678469' date='Oct 15 2008, 08:28 PM']:lol_roll:

Sorry, I shouldn't quote you, or I might accidentally sully someone's eyes with your words.

Anyway, on topic... *shrug*

If the university advertised a particular feature to students, and then they don't provide what they advertise, it seems reasonable for the people spending money there to complain. However, I think they ought to just use the facilities that are available, and only protest if it actually becomes an issue.

:idontknow:[/quote]

The person in question **claimed** the Muslims were "promised" their own room. I sincerely have a hard time believing that in today's PC climate, and with people so happy to sue over every hurt feeling, that the school truly "promised" Muslim students their **own** prayer room. It seems to me that the school has done an enormous service already not only to Muslim students but to other faiths as well. I mean, did you read the whole quoted part? FIVE ROOMS at the university. It's astounding that Muslims would have the nerve to be crying foul.

And naturally, no one is questioning why students of the other faiths aren't crying foul as well.

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1678482' date='Oct 15 2008, 08:37 PM']You're so cute, always helping the helpless with your rambling sentences.

Speaking of second grade, where I'm sure you learned some decent reading skills - I'm pretty sure the article Madame V showed said nothing about suicide bombers. We're not talking about suicide bombers. Her intent in this thread is not to convince anyone that Muslims are all suicide bombers.

Didy - Acknowledged his presence, yes. Read his posts, no.[/quote]

No, her intent is to convince people that all Muslims seek to dominate and spread Islam. That is the language of this post, that is what she has said in the past. THAT is what I object to.

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1678486' date='Oct 15 2008, 08:41 PM']The person in question **claimed** the Muslims were "promised" their own room. I sincerely have a hard time believing that in today's PC climate, and with people so happy to sue over every hurt feeling, that the school truly "promised" Muslim students their **own** prayer room. It seems to me that the school has done an enormous service already not only to Muslim students but to other faiths as well. I mean, did you read the whole quoted part? FIVE ROOMS at the university. It's astounding that Muslims would have the nerve to be crying foul.[/quote]

We agree here.

[quote]And naturally, no one is questioning why students of the other faiths aren't crying foul as well.[/quote]

Now we are getting into bigotry

HisChildForever

The article also mentions that there are separate prayer rooms for males and females. I would have to do some research on this, but what is the point of dividing up the genders? Is prayer gender-specific that both sexes can't be together in the same room praying? If the purpose is segregation - then isn't this university sort of catering to the segregation of men and women? I put more emphasis on women since they have to cover up constantly.

Madame Vengier

[quote name='Didymus' post='1678474' date='Oct 15 2008, 08:32 PM']How ignorant can folks be to actually put someone on ignore? The only time I could imagine that that tool would be useful is if someone were being excessively offensive, and if that happened yall could just have him or her banned.

What a ludicrous tool.[/quote]

This might be a serious blow to your ego, but YOU don't get to make up the rules for how and why the ignore feature is used.

And...I'm putting you on my ignore list as of this post. Because I don't care why other people choose to use the ignore feature--I choose to use it so that I don't have to read posts that are useless and which are designed not for actual dialogue but rather for inciting arguments and thread hi-jacking.

I have never, ever put someone on ignore just because I don't agree with them. I put people on ignore whose comments are useless to me and which bring nothing to the table. Bye-bye!

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1678492' date='Oct 15 2008, 08:44 PM']The article also mentions that there are separate prayer rooms for males and females. I would have to do some research on this, but what is the point of dividing up the genders? Is prayer gender-specific that both sexes can't be together in the same room praying? If the purpose is segregation - then isn't this university sort of catering to the segregation of men and women? I put more emphasis on women since they have to cover up constantly.[/quote]

There is no reason the Muslims must have seperate rooms for men and women.