An Old School Catholic Message Board

I'm Really Scared

Saint Therese

[quote name='Akalyte' post='1682026' date='Oct 20 2008, 04:58 PM']therefore I'm going to stay and fight for it. Even if that means founding an american catholic military order. haha[/quote]

[center][size=5]TO VICTORY![/size][/center]
[center][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v446/echo4lima/cartoon-knights2.gif[/img][/center]

:D

Edited by Maximilianus

kenrockthefirst

[quote name='Saint Therese' post='1683287' date='Oct 22 2008, 02:08 AM']I don't think he's a Christian.[/quote]
On what basis can you make that claim? He's a self-proclaimed Christian, he was married in a Christian ceremony, his daughters were baptized. You may not like his policy positions but unless you've got some kind of "Being John Malkovich" access to Obama's inner thoughts, memories and feelings, you have to take him at face value.

On a related note, is John McCain "Christian?"

Edited by kenrockthefirst

dominicansoul

[quote name='kenrockthefirst' post='1683466' date='Oct 22 2008, 12:03 PM']On what basis can you make that claim? He's a self-proclaimed Christian, he was married in a Christian ceremony, his daughters were baptized. You may not like his policy positions but unless you've got some kind of "Being John Malkovich" access to Obama's inner thoughts, memories and feelings, you have to take him at face value.

On a related note, is John McCain "Christian?"[/quote]

A Christian would NEVER help promote the culture of death.

And why are you so gung ho on a man who thinks pregnancy is a mistake, yet, always beating up on McCain? Why do you want Obama to win before McCain does? Do you not realize how much worse it will become for the pro-life cause if Obama become president? Do you not even care?

A Christian is a person who follows Christ. That means, no one who promotes Abortion and helps others to get Abortions can be considered Christian. Like Fr. John Corapi says, "No other issue, not all other issues taken together, can constitute a proportionate reason for voting for candidates that intend to preserve and defend this holocaust of innocent human life that is abortion.

I strongly urge every one of you to make a Novena and pray the Rosary to Our Lady of Victory between October 27th and Election Day, November 4th. Pray that God’s will be done and the most innocent and utterly vulnerable of our brothers and sisters will be protected from this barbaric and grossly sinful blight on society that is abortion. No woman, and no man, has the right to choose to murder an innocent human being."

Please don't insult Christianity by saying this man is Christian, HE IS NOT a Christian and proves it with his policies!!! Obama does intend to preserve and defend this holocaust! He's so pro-death he even apologized for voting to save Terri Sciavo!! How sick is that???

Next thing you are going to say is Pelosi is a Faithful, devoted Catholic!

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='dominicansoul' post='1683470' date='Oct 22 2008, 11:12 AM']A Christian would NEVER help promote the culture of death.

And why are you so gung ho on a man who thinks pregnancy is a mistake, yet, always beating up on McCain? Why do you want Obama to win before McCain does? Do you not realize how much worse it will become for the pro-life cause if Obama become president? Do you not even care?

A Christian is a person who follows Christ. That means, no one who promotes Abortion and helps others to get Abortions can be considered Christian. Like Fr. John Corapi says, "No other issue, not all other issues taken together, can constitute a proportionate reason for voting for candidates that intend to preserve and defend this holocaust of innocent human life that is abortion.

I strongly urge every one of you to make a Novena and pray the Rosary to Our Lady of Victory between October 27th and Election Day, November 4th. Pray that God’s will be done and the most innocent and utterly vulnerable of our brothers and sisters will be protected from this barbaric and grossly sinful blight on society that is abortion. No woman, and no man, has the right to choose to murder an innocent human being."

Please don't insult Christianity by saying this man is Christian, HE IS NOT a Christian and proves it with his policies!!! Obama does intend to preserve and defend this holocaust! He's so pro-death he even apologized for voting to save Terri Sciavo!! How sick is that???

Next thing you are going to say is Pelosi is a Faithful, devoted Catholic![/quote]
Sounds like you need to take that up with other Christian denominations, the ones that don't condemn abortion. Are they Christians?

dominicansoul

[quote name='fidei defensor' post='1683472' date='Oct 22 2008, 12:14 PM']Sounds like you need to take that up with other Christian denominations, the ones that don't condemn abortion. Are they Christians?[/quote]

NO Christian would promote a culture of death. For them to do so makes them hypocrites.

kenrockthefirst

[quote name='dominicansoul' post='1683470' date='Oct 22 2008, 12:12 PM']A Christian would NEVER help promote the culture of death.

Next thing you are going to say is Pelosi is a Faithful, devoted Catholic![/quote]

I'm not going to judge anyone. I'll leave that to God. It happens that I disagree with Obama on the abortion issue. I also happen to disagree with McCain on a war based on lies, and torture. Why are those issues "more acceptable" than abortion? Also, as I've noted before, Obama is living the Christian ideal of the family. McCain, not so much. So, in what way is Obama "less" Christian than McCain? Yes, I do beat up on McCain because he represents four more years of the trainwreck of the past eight years. I beat up on him because he has no core convictions other than that somehow he deserves to be president. I beat up on him because he's the standard bearer for a party that plays pro-life votes like a fiddle every election and never does anything about it. By their fruits you shall know them. The fruit of both candidates is rotten.

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='dominicansoul' post='1683475' date='Oct 22 2008, 11:17 AM']NO Christian would promote a culture of death. For them to do so makes them hypocrites.[/quote]
You didn't answer the question. Some Christian denominations feel that abortion is perfectly acceptable. Are they Christians?

dominicansoul

[quote name='fidei defensor' post='1683479' date='Oct 22 2008, 12:24 PM']You didn't answer the question. Some Christian denominations feel that abortion is perfectly acceptable. Are they Christians?[/quote]

NO CHRISTIAN WOULD SUPPORT ABORTION.

dominicansoul

[quote name='kenrockthefirst' post='1683478' date='Oct 22 2008, 12:23 PM']I'm not going to judge anyone. I'll leave that to God. It happens that I disagree with Obama on the abortion issue. I also happen to disagree with McCain on a war based on lies, and torture. Why are those issues "more acceptable" than abortion? Also, as I've noted before, Obama is living the Christian ideal of the family. McCain, not so much. So, in what way is Obama "less" Christian than McCain? Yes, I do beat up on McCain because he represents four more years of the trainwreck of the past eight years. I beat up on him because he has no core convictions other than that somehow he deserves to be president. I beat up on him because he's the standard bearer for a party that plays pro-life votes like a fiddle every election and never does anything about it. By their fruits you shall know them. The fruit of both candidates is rotten.[/quote]

But yet you would much rather see Obama win than McCain...Obama, who is totally against the pro-life cause...

In the two months I have read all your posts, you seem very much against McCain, but not so much on Obama. I also notice whenever someone makes a statement against Obama, you always have to pull in McCain, like he's some sort of measuring stick...
Is McCain supposed to make Obama look good? He doesn't. Obama is much worse...

The trainwreck will continue, because a nation that kills its own children doesn't deserve to survive...and the fact that we keep putting leaders in positions where they can make the situation worse doesn't help, either...the issue is LIFE, it has always been, you can't have a great economy, great foreign policy, NO WAR, until the LIFE issue is fixed...

kenrockthefirst

[quote name='dominicansoul' post='1683486' date='Oct 22 2008, 01:38 PM']But yet you would much rather see Obama win than McCain...Obama, who is totally against the pro-life cause...

In the two months I have read all your posts, you seem very much against McCain, but not so much on Obama. I also notice whenever someone makes a statement against Obama, you always have to pull in McCain, like he's some sort of measuring stick...
Is McCain supposed to make Obama look good? He doesn't. Obama is much worse...

The trainwreck will continue, because a nation that kills its own children doesn't deserve to survive...and the fact that we keep putting leaders in positions where they can make the situation worse doesn't help, either...the issue is LIFE, it has always been, you can't have a great economy, great foreign policy, NO WAR, until the LIFE issue is fixed...[/quote]
That Obama is not a viable, tenable candidate is a given. Nothing additional needs to be said. What I've argued in the past couple of months is that Obama's not being a tenable, viable candidate does NOT ipso facto make McCain a good candidate. McCain is a terrible candidate. He offers nothing except tired, old, worn out ideology as the basis for his campaign. Period. I will vote against BOTH candidates.

dominicansoul

[quote name='kenrockthefirst' post='1683490' date='Oct 22 2008, 12:48 PM']That Obama is not a viable, tenable candidate is a given. Nothing additional needs to be said. What I've argued in the past couple of months is that Obama's not being a tenable, viable candidate does NOT ipso facto make McCain a good candidate. McCain is a terrible candidate. He offers nothing except tired, old, worn out ideology as the basis for his campaign. Period. I will vote against BOTH candidates.[/quote]

It seems there has not been a candidate in all my whole lifetime who hasn't offered anything except old worn out ideology as the basis for their campaigns.

And I understand you are against Obama, but it does seem you would be more satisfied if he beats out McCain? Am I wrong to think this? I think your posts seem much more against McCain than Obama, but maybe I'm reading too much into them...

I'm voting for the lesser of two evils, because i'm trying to keep Obama out of office...although I could do a write-in, seeing that TEXAS will certainly be a McCain win...

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='dominicansoul' post='1683481' date='Oct 22 2008, 11:26 AM']NO CHRISTIAN WOULD SUPPORT ABORTION.[/quote]
THEN YOU GO AHEAD AND TELL THAT TO THEM INSTEAD OF RUNNING OFF ABOUT IT.

You're taking issue with other denomination's beliefs, how about you take it up with them?

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='dominicansoul' post='1683496' date='Oct 22 2008, 11:57 AM']It seems there has not been a candidate in all my whole lifetime who hasn't offered anything except old worn out ideology as the basis for their campaigns.

And I understand you are against Obama, but it does seem you would be more satisfied if he beats out McCain? Am I wrong to think this? I think your posts seem much more against McCain than Obama, but maybe I'm reading too much into them...

I'm voting for the lesser of two evils, because i'm trying to keep Obama out of office...although I could do a write-in, seeing that TEXAS will certainly be a McCain win...[/quote]
But you're still voting for an evil.

What he is saying is that he cannot, in good conscience, vote for evil PERIOD. All you're trying to do is strong arm him into voting for your candidate by saying that if he doesn't vote for McCain, Obama will win. However, the ends don't justify the means, and he is making the most morally permissible decision by NOT VOTING FOR ANY EVIL. You, on the other hand, are accepting the lesser evil, but the fact still remains that it is an EVIL none the less.

Unless you can provide some authoritative document from the Church that says you cannot vote third party and that doing so is a sin, consider the discussion on this issue CLOSED.

[quote name='dominicansoul' post='1683475' date='Oct 22 2008, 12:17 PM']NO Christian would promote a culture of death. For them to do so makes them hypocrites.[/quote]
With all due respect, I have yet to meet anyone who is not hypocritical in some way, shape or form.