IcePrincessKRS Posted March 10, 2004 Posted March 10, 2004 I grew up calling it Ray-men, but in college everyone called it Rah-men so I got in the habit of calling it Rah-men. I switch back and forth now, but its usually Rah-men.
frozencell Posted March 10, 2004 Posted March 10, 2004 My brother and sister call them Roman noodles.
Im4Him Posted March 10, 2004 Posted March 10, 2004 It's Rah-men. Mmmm...ramen. There was this shop in my town in Japan that had really, really good ramen in a sort of spicy soup. It was so good. Or with vegetables and meat in it.
Thy Geekdom Come Posted March 10, 2004 Posted March 10, 2004 LOL A college student's favorite food group-instant pasta. Macaroni and coagulated milk, the poor man's pasta...29 cents a metric ton!
Im4Him Posted March 10, 2004 Posted March 10, 2004 (edited) Mac and coagulated milk is good...especially when you eat it right out of the pot. Edited March 10, 2004 by Im4Him
IcePrincessKRS Posted March 10, 2004 Posted March 10, 2004 [quote name='Raphael' date='Mar 9 2004, 09:31 PM'] LOL A college student's favorite food group-instant pasta. Macaroni and coagulated milk, the poor man's pasta...29 cents a metric ton! [/quote] haha and Ramen is only like 15 cents per package.
frozencell Posted March 10, 2004 Posted March 10, 2004 [quote name='IcePrincessKRS' date='Mar 9 2004, 10:33 PM'] haha and Ramen is only like 15 cents per package. [/quote] 7 cents on sale.
IcePrincessKRS Posted March 10, 2004 Posted March 10, 2004 [quote name='Im4Him' date='Mar 9 2004, 09:31 PM'] It's Rah-men. Mmmm...ramen. There was this shop in my town in Japan that had really, really good ramen in a sort of spicy soup. It was so good. Or with vegetables and meat in it. [/quote] Did you ever have gyoza? I loooove gyoza. My friend's mom is Japanese and I got the recipe from her.
immaculata Posted March 10, 2004 Author Posted March 10, 2004 My little sister and I always called it "Angel Hair Pasta"
Im4Him Posted March 10, 2004 Posted March 10, 2004 (edited) [quote name='IcePrincessKRS' date='Mar 9 2004, 09:34 PM'] Did you ever have gyoza? I loooove gyoza. My friend's mom is Japanese and I got the recipe from her. [/quote] Gyoza are awesome. A big bowl of ramen and an order of gyoza...YUM! No wonder I gained weight while I was there. Edited because I can't spell. Edited March 10, 2004 by Im4Him
homeschoolmom Posted March 10, 2004 Posted March 10, 2004 Rahman... but that's not a short a sound. Short a would be "ram" like the animal... The "ah" sound is actually a third sound for a.
thicke Posted March 10, 2004 Posted March 10, 2004 Rah-men..... But, I'm a good ol' boy too so say it rite.
nikkan_hanil Posted March 10, 2004 Posted March 10, 2004 Whoever voted for the second one is a total idiot. "Ramen" is a native japanese word. If it were the second one, it'd be "Remen". Don't mess. I have already translated the word "ramen" phonetically in both Japanese and Korean and they both show that it is the first vote.
foundsheep Posted March 10, 2004 Posted March 10, 2004 raymen! [img]http://www.greggman.com/japan/instant-ramen/instant-ramen-icon-b.jpg[/img]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now