Mrs. Bro. Adam Posted March 10, 2004 Posted March 10, 2004 (edited) OK...I voted... Now where's my tacos, so very tasty and good for you,? Edited March 10, 2004 by Mrs. Bro. Adam
Rebirth flame Posted March 10, 2004 Posted March 10, 2004 lol, when i was a kid, my mom called them McDonald's noodles, cuz my brother's and i wanted mcdonald's and she didn't feel like going to go get us a happy meal at the time... (this was, like, 12 years ago... i don't get happy meals anymore...) (i get mighty kids meals!!!! there's a difference!!!)
IcePrincessKRS Posted March 10, 2004 Posted March 10, 2004 [quote name='Im4Him' date='Mar 9 2004, 10:20 PM'] Gyoza are awesome. A big bowl of ramen and an order of gyoza...YUM! No wonder I gained weight while I was there. Edited because I can't spell. [/quote] Can you cook? I'll pass on the recipe if you want it. I have some gyoza in my freezer, I think I should pull it out and make it up, this thread is making me hungry for it! lol
Iacobus Posted March 10, 2004 Posted March 10, 2004 I want some cheap Aldi's mac and Chesses (with the sauce no milk needed) or some Ramen noodles they are only 10 cents here most days.
cantstopdancin9 Posted March 10, 2004 Posted March 10, 2004 tacos, so very tasty and good for you, of course! (I call it Rah-men noodles)
nikkan_hanil Posted March 11, 2004 Posted March 11, 2004 (edited) [quote name='IXpenguin21' date='Mar 10 2004, 02:27 AM'] CUP O' NOODLES 4 LIFE YO!!! [/quote] Pssh, whateva, fool. 한국의 김치 라면 ownz. Edited March 11, 2004 by nikkan_hanil
Im4Him Posted March 11, 2004 Posted March 11, 2004 [quote name='IcePrincessKRS' date='Mar 10 2004, 04:48 PM'] Can you cook? I'll pass on the recipe if you want it. I have some gyoza in my freezer, I think I should pull it out and make it up, this thread is making me hungry for it! lol [/quote] Really? You have the recipe? That eould be awesome! This thread is making me hungry too.
IcePrincessKRS Posted March 11, 2004 Posted March 11, 2004 lol Didn't I say before that I got the recipe from my friend and her mom? I'll type it out and post it. It usually makes quite a bit, so if you're the only one eating it you'll probably want to freeze it. It keeps well. Also, if you don't have a place that sells the won ton wrappers where you live I have a recipe to make it--I've gotten off easy on that part since they sell them around here.
IcePrincessKRS Posted March 11, 2004 Posted March 11, 2004 [b]Gyoza[/b] 1/3 to 1/4 lb ground beef and pork (I bought pork chops and put them through the food processor) 2 leaves cabbage (nappa cabbage if possible, also called hakkusai) 2 dried or fresh shiitake mushrooms 1 clove garlic, minced 1 TB soy sauce dash salt and pepper 1/2 TB minced ginger 1 tsp. sesame oil Round or square wrappers (pot sticker wrappers) (whichever you can find works, the recipe calls for round, but it doesn't actually make a difference) Place a small spoonful of meat mixture on pot sticker wrapper, moisten edges of wrapper with water to seal. Fold in half, and then bring the 2 corners to the center (if you use square wrappers technically you'll have 3 corners, so you'd take the 2 that are along the fold). Boil in water or fry in oil. Oil should only be half an inch deep maximum (about as deep as bacon grease would be). [b]Pot Sticker Wrappers[/b] 2 cups flour 3/4 cup plus 2 TB boiling water Mix flour and water. Place dough on lightly floured surface, knead until smooth. Wrap in plastic wrap and let stand 30 minutes. Knead again and divide in half. Roll to 1/8th inch things and cut in circles with round cookie cutter. Fill and cook according to directions above. [b]Asian Noodle Soup[/b] 5 cups chicken broth. 1 tsp dried or fresh lemongrass 1 2inch piece of ginger, halved 4 ounces dry rice noodles 1/2 cup shiitake mushrooms sliced thin 1 cup fresh bean sprouts (when I haven't been able to get bean sprouts I used brussels sprouts) 1 cup fresh cilantro or basil 2 scallions sliced Optional grilled chicken, beef, or pork thinly sliced Combine broth, lemongrass, and ginger, bring to a boil, reduce heat and let simmer 15 minutes. Remove ginger. Add noodles and mushrooms, cook 2-3 minutes. Add scallions and meat. Remove from heat. Top with sprouts and fresh herb. To add a kick, when you serve the soup you can add a bit of tobasco or other pepper sauce, and/or that dark colored fish sauce stuff that I can't remember what its called. This soup I first had at a Vietnamese restaraunt in VA, and then I found a recipe and tried it out, it was nearly exactly the same! Its really good, so I'm guessing if you like Asian food you'll like this soup, too. I can't remember for the life of me what its called, though. Even if I could I probably wouldn't be able to spell it. lol
IcePrincessKRS Posted March 11, 2004 Posted March 11, 2004 I think I have to take back that thing about the Gyoza making quite a bit... now that I think on it I know I used more that 1/3 lb. of meat. lol
peach_cube Posted April 4, 2004 Posted April 4, 2004 (edited) Rain-man... [url="http://www.filmup.com/posters/locp/rainman.htm"]http://www.filmup.com/posters/locp/rainman.htm[/url] Edited April 4, 2004 by peach_cube
Guest thomasaquinas3 Posted April 4, 2004 Posted April 4, 2004 I always pronounced it Ray-men, but then someone corrected me, so I now switch back and forth. I don't really care how you say the name, or how you cook them, they are just good...and cheap!
WCC_Catholic Posted April 5, 2004 Posted April 5, 2004 it doesnt matter the only thing that we must remember is that the world that is College that is the food of choice because you can get ten packs for a buck
MagiDragon Posted April 5, 2004 Posted April 5, 2004 [quote]Rahmen. It's official... because I said so. [/quote] don't believe her. if everything were official b/c she said so, smallville would have mandatory viewage, Harry Potter would be the only book read in school, and Catholicism would be the only religion in the world . . . hmmm . . . maybe it doesn't sound so bad after all . . .
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now