Saint Therese Posted October 25, 2008 Posted October 25, 2008 (edited) I don't think he's being up front either. Edited October 25, 2008 by Saint Therese
Adrestia Posted October 25, 2008 Posted October 25, 2008 [quote name='TotusTuusMaria' post='1685773' date='Oct 25 2008, 12:05 AM']He has not said anything nor has he done anything that I have seen besides call himself a Christian that would indicate that he actually is one.[/quote] How much time have you spent around him?
TotusTuusMaria Posted October 25, 2008 Posted October 25, 2008 [quote name='tgoldson' post='1685781' date='Oct 25 2008, 01:15 AM']How much time have you spent around him?[/quote] I only know Barack Obama from his interviews and his debates. I don't live with him, as you well know. I am no a friend of his, as you probably well know too. he has done all in his power though, as all presidential candidates, to show the best of himself and tell us who he is. He told us what he wanted us to think he is. I listened. I should know him, as he wants us to know him. And, I am not seeing a Christian. Instead of asking me how much time I have spent around him, if he actually had done anything or said anything that would indentify his Christianity you would have posted it out. You didn't. I take it, he hasn't.
Adrestia Posted October 25, 2008 Posted October 25, 2008 [quote name='TotusTuusMaria' post='1685800' date='Oct 25 2008, 12:37 AM']I only know Barack Obama from his interviews and his debates. I don't live with him, as you well know. I am no a friend of his, as you probably well know too. he has done all in his power though, as all presidential candidates, to show the best of himself and tell us who he is. He told us what he wanted us to think he is. I listened. I should know him, as he wants us to know him. And, I am not seeing a Christian. Instead of asking me how much time I have spent around him, if he actually had done anything or said anything that would indentify his Christianity you would have posted it out. You didn't. I take it, he hasn't.[/quote] You see what you want to see. At least admit it. The man is obviously a Christian, just not a very good one.
Apotheoun Posted October 25, 2008 Posted October 25, 2008 No one who supports abortion, same-sex unions, or any other intrinsic moral evil can rightly be called a Christian. That said, if the person in question has been baptized he is what is called an apostate, for by embracing an ideological perspective that is contrary to the natural moral law he has abandoned God and has placed himself on the road to perdition.
Akalyte Posted October 25, 2008 Posted October 25, 2008 [quote name='kujo' post='1685660' date='Oct 24 2008, 11:28 PM']I like crunchy peanut butter. Hitler liked crunchy peanut butter. I'm a Nazi. That's the logic we're seeing here, folks. [/sarcasm][/quote] Wrong. I dont think that way. I'm just saying Obama has FAR TOO MANY questionable things that have happened in his life and are still happening. People are calling him the messiah and he wont even tell them they are wrong. I'm not some right wing conspiracy nut. My whole life i watched my family suffer and get poorer because of the DEMOCRATS, not REPUBLICANS. Now a liberal democrat comes along acting as if he's going to save the world, while upholding abortion, infanticide and gay marriage. Our economy is on the brink of collapse and all him and biden can say is"we gotta spend more on this, we gotta spend more on that". Our country is threatened gravely on 9/11 by the hands of muslim terrorists and people are actually trying to elect a president whom for all they know is still a devout muslim cloaking himself with a fringe christian group. This is america you can be a devout muslim who supports abortion, gay marriage and communism. ANYTHING can happen here.
Hassan Posted October 25, 2008 Author Posted October 25, 2008 [quote name='Akalyte' post='1685873' date='Oct 25 2008, 09:04 AM']Wrong. I dont think that way. I'm just saying Obama has FAR TOO MANY questionable things that have happened in his life and are still happening. People are calling him the messiah and he wont even tell them they are wrong. [size=7]I'm not some right wing conspiracy nut.[/size] My whole life i watched my family suffer and get poorer because of the DEMOCRATS, not REPUBLICANS. Now a liberal democrat comes along acting as if he's going to save the world, while upholding abortion, infanticide and gay marriage. Our economy is on the brink of collapse and all him and biden can say is"we gotta spend more on this, we gotta spend more on that". Our country is threatened gravely on 9/11 by the hands of muslim terrorists and people are actually trying to elect a president whom for all they know is still a devout muslim cloaking himself with a fringe christian group. This is america you can be a devout muslim who supports abortion, gay marriage and communism. ANYTHING can happen here.[/quote] Really? Because you say a lot of insain conspiratorial things from a far far right perspective
Seven77 Posted October 25, 2008 Posted October 25, 2008 (edited) i don't think he is a devout muslim. he doesn't need to be. partial birth abortion support and gay marriage 'tolerance' is terrorism that even misguided Christians permit. even though these things go against Christianity and America is based on Christian principles. anything can happen here sadly... because of an abuse of freedom and thirst for power. The devil deals in smokescreens and illusion. Obama is just a poor pawn used for wolves to enter unnoticed, in sheep's clothing. What geniuses we mortals be (to not see how Obama is a doorway for not-good things disguised under good things). Edited October 25, 2008 by Seven77
Adrestia Posted October 25, 2008 Posted October 25, 2008 [quote name='Apotheoun' post='1685868' date='Oct 25 2008, 08:46 AM']No one who supports abortion, same-sex unions, or any other intrinsic moral evil can rightly be called a Christian. That said, if the person in question has been baptized he is what is called an apostate, for by embracing an ideological perspective that is contrary to the natural moral law he has abandoned God and has placed himself on the road to perdition.[/quote] Replace "Christian" with "Muslim" and your first statement is equally accurate.
Adrestia Posted October 25, 2008 Posted October 25, 2008 [quote name='Akalyte' post='1685873' date='Oct 25 2008, 09:04 AM']Wrong. I dont think that way. I'm just saying Obama has FAR TOO MANY questionable things that have happened in his life and are still happening. People are calling him the messiah and he wont even tell them they are wrong. I'm not some right wing conspiracy nut. My whole life i watched my family suffer and get poorer because of the DEMOCRATS, not REPUBLICANS. Now a liberal democrat comes along acting as if he's going to save the world, while upholding abortion, infanticide and gay marriage. Our economy is on the brink of collapse and all him and biden can say is"we gotta spend more on this, we gotta spend more on that". Our country is threatened gravely on 9/11 by the hands of muslim terrorists and people are actually trying to elect a president whom for all they know is still a devout muslim cloaking himself with a fringe christian group. This is america you can be a devout muslim who supports abortion, gay marriage and communism. ANYTHING can happen here.[/quote] A devout Muslim cannot support abortion, gay marriage and communism. You saying it doesn't make it true.
SpareTime Posted October 25, 2008 Posted October 25, 2008 [quote name='Akalyte' post='1685873' date='Oct 25 2008, 09:04 AM']This is america you can be a devout muslim who supports abortion, gay marriage and communism. ANYTHING can happen here.[/quote] your understanding of muslims is lacking. have a talk with madame v. a muslim who supports abortion, gay marriage, etc is not a good muslim at all and is the least likely to be a terrorist. the muslims that become terrorists are the ones that follow islam to a very strict tee. you can be killed for being gay in islamic-run countries.
Adrestia Posted October 25, 2008 Posted October 25, 2008 [quote name='SpareTime' post='1685961' date='Oct 25 2008, 11:30 AM']your understanding of muslims is lacking. have a talk with madame v. a muslim who supports abortion, gay marriage, etc is not a good muslim at all and is the least likely to be a terrorist. the muslims that become terrorists are the ones that follow islam to a very strict tee. you can be killed for being gay in islamic-run countries.[/quote] some suicide bombers believe that their "sacrifice" will make up for their sins and get them into paradise... but I don't think Obama fits that category either.
Hassan Posted October 25, 2008 Author Posted October 25, 2008 [quote name='tgoldson' post='1685971' date='Oct 25 2008, 12:53 PM']some suicide bombers believe that their "sacrifice" will make up for their sins and get them into paradise... but I don't think Obama fits that category either.[/quote] we can't be sure of that. His middle name is "Hussein" after all
Seven77 Posted October 25, 2008 Posted October 25, 2008 [quote name='Hassan' post='1685975' date='Oct 25 2008, 11:57 AM']we can't be sure of that. His middle name is "Hussein" after all[/quote] I thought it was "Steve"?
TotusTuusMaria Posted October 25, 2008 Posted October 25, 2008 (edited) [quote name='tgoldson' post='1685852' date='Oct 25 2008, 08:55 AM']You see what you want to see. At least admit it.[/quote] What in the world is that suppose to mean? 1) You never posted anything that proved that I was wrong in what I said. 2) You simply said "do you know Barack Obama," as if that was suppose to prove that he is a Christian. 3) Then you come back after I point out that what you wrote doesn't prove anything, and you said "See what you want. At least admit it." Admit what? You didn't prove anything. You didn't show me where I was wrong. You just asked if I knew him... [quote]The man is obviously a Christian, just not a very good one.[/quote] I wrote, that I hadn't seen him do anything nor say anything (besides that he was a Christian) that actually identified him as a Christian. You say he obviously is one, but why? Because he said so? Because he went to a fringe Christian Church for 20 years, simply because his wife was probably raised going to Church? How are you getting that he "obviously" is one? Statements don't mean anything unless you have proof, which seems to be hard to come by in this case seeing as you keep spouting out that he is without it. Obama isn't a muslim, but he certainly isn't a Christian either. Edited October 25, 2008 by TotusTuusMaria
TotusTuusMaria Posted October 25, 2008 Posted October 25, 2008 [quote name='Apotheoun' post='1685868' date='Oct 25 2008, 09:46 AM']No one who supports abortion, same-sex unions, or any other intrinsic moral evil can rightly be called a Christian. That said, if the person in question has been baptized he is what is called an apostate, for by embracing an ideological perspective that is contrary to the natural moral law he has abandoned God and has placed himself on the road to perdition.[/quote] Thank you Apotheoun.
Hassan Posted October 26, 2008 Author Posted October 26, 2008 [quote name='TotusTuusMaria' post='1686115' date='Oct 25 2008, 05:13 PM']Thank you Apotheoun. [/quote] You're prostrating yourself in Salat. Looks like we found another secret Muslim So, me, Obama, MV, and Maria Four secret Muslims. I wonder how many others are out there My money is on Justin
Saint Therese Posted October 26, 2008 Posted October 26, 2008 Maybe instead of suicide bombers, some people just stay depressed for Mohammed.
dominicansoul Posted October 26, 2008 Posted October 26, 2008 [quote name='Hassan' post='1686421' date='Oct 25 2008, 10:50 PM'] You're prostrating yourself in Salat. Looks like we found another secret Muslim So, me, Obama, MV, and Maria Four secret Muslims. I wonder how many others are out there My money is on Justin [/quote] ...you are.... ...simply..... ...hillarious! You know, I know a Christian community that prostrates like that....I often wondered if they were in fact imitating the muslims at prayer.... ..when I prayed with them, I couldn't get myself to do that...I stayed on my knees, upright...
Apotheoun Posted October 26, 2008 Posted October 26, 2008 [quote name='Hassan' post='1686421' date='Oct 25 2008, 09:50 PM'][quote name='TotusTuusMaria' post='1686115' date='Oct 25 2008, 04:13 PM'] Thank you Apotheoun. [/quote] You're prostrating yourself in Salat. [/quote] Actually, the posture depicted is called the Greater Metania, and it has been used by Eastern Christians in worship for nearly 2,000 years.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now