Apotheoun Posted October 26, 2008 Posted October 26, 2008 [quote name='dominicansoul' post='1686427' date='Oct 25 2008, 09:56 PM']You know, I know a Christian community that prostrates like that....I often wondered if they were in fact imitating the muslims at prayer.... ..when I prayed with them, I couldn't get myself to do that...I stayed on my knees, upright... [/quote] The Muslims adopted this practice after contact with the Orthodox Church.
Hassan Posted October 26, 2008 Author Posted October 26, 2008 [quote name='Apotheoun' post='1686558' date='Oct 26 2008, 01:40 AM'] You're prostrating yourself in Salat. Actually, the posture depicted is called the Greater Metania, and it has been used by Eastern Christians in worship for nearly 2,000 years.[/quote] It was a joke
Apotheoun Posted October 26, 2008 Posted October 26, 2008 [quote name='Hassan' post='1686673' date='Oct 26 2008, 09:45 AM'][quote name='Apotheoun' post='1686558' date='Oct 26 2008, 12:40 AM'] You're prostrating yourself in Salat. Actually, the posture depicted is called the Greater Metania, and it has been used by Eastern Christians in worship for nearly 2,000 years.[/quote] It was a joke [/quote] It was a joke founded upon misinformation.
Hassan Posted October 27, 2008 Author Posted October 27, 2008 [quote name='Apotheoun' post='1686769' date='Oct 26 2008, 02:31 PM']It was a joke It was a joke founded upon misinformation. [/quote] misinformation like that her emoticon looked kinda like a Muslim offering Salat?
Apotheoun Posted October 27, 2008 Posted October 27, 2008 [quote name='Hassan' post='1686962' date='Oct 26 2008, 07:25 PM']misinformation like that her emoticon looked kinda like a Muslim offering Salat? [/quote] To me it looked like the [i]Greater Metania[/i], an Eastern Christian practice that antedates Islam by 600 years.
Socrates Posted October 27, 2008 Posted October 27, 2008 Obama is a devout Leftist. While Obama's being a Muslim is dubious, his being a fanatical supporter of abortion is well-documented and undeniable fact.
TotusTuusMaria Posted October 27, 2008 Posted October 27, 2008 Ah, no matter if it is offering whatever to whoever or the Great Metania, it displays that I am very thankful to Apo for saying what I was trying to say.
Hassan Posted October 27, 2008 Author Posted October 27, 2008 [quote name='Apotheoun' post='1687019' date='Oct 26 2008, 09:13 PM']To me it looked like the [i]Greater Metania[/i], an Eastern Christian practice that antedates Islam by 600 years.[/quote] Only because your a typtical Eastern Christian persone to paraphrase PhatMass's favoriate secret Muslim politician I like Eastern Christian Icons, in fact I find them much cooler than Western Christian art ......there, I said it except some Northern Protestant wood carvings
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now