Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

Posted

Well I have a few questions about the movie...

1. Where was the movie shot?

2. How did they get the marks and wounds on Jim Caviezel, but yet have the whips hit him, how did he not experience pain? (I'm not really good at knowing how they do these things in movies, someone please explain.)

3. Is it really biblical that first Pontius Pilot sent Jesus back to the King, and the king said that Jesus was only crazy?

4. Did you like how the movie ended?


That's all for right now, I will later share my experiences.

Posted (edited)

The answer to question 1 is that it was shot in Italy....and as for question 4, yes I did like the ending....I thought it was perfect.

Edited by Joseph
Posted

Now our group thought it could have ended better...

Posted

Yeah, I'd really like to know how they did the whipping scenes.. I heard that while they were shooting, one of the actors playing the soldier accidentally missed and actually hit Jim Cavizel with the whip.. OUCH!

Posted

The movie was shot in Matera, Italy :D

mom25angels
Posted (edited)

A cool thing about where it was shot......Underneath the hill that they shot the crucifixion on are all these Altars where some hermit monks said the mass. Their caves where theyoffered the unbloody sacrifice were right under where they filmed the bloody sacrifice. Thought that was pretty cool when I heard it.
Sarah

Edited by mom25angels
Posted

This is all that I could find in the Bible about what Herod said

On hearing this Pilate asked if the man was a Galilean; and upon learning that he was under Herod's jurisdiction, he sent him to Herod who was in Jerusalem at that time. Herod was very glad to see Jesus; he had been wanting to see him for a long time, for he had heard about him and had been hoping to see him perform some sign. He questioned him at length, but he gave him no answer. The chief priests and scribes, meanwhile, stood by accusing him harshly. (Even) Herod and his soldiers treated him contemptuously and mocked him, and after clothing him in resplendent garb, he sent him back to Pilate. Herod and Pilate became friends that very day, even though they had been enemies formerly. Pilate then summoned the chief priests, the rulers, and the people and said to them, "You brought this man to me and accused him of inciting the people to revolt. I have conducted my investigation in your presence and have not found this man guilty of the charges you have brought against him, nor did Herod, for he sent him back to us. So no capital crime has been committed by him. Therefore I shall have him flogged and then release him."

Like 23:6-16

Rebirth flame
Posted

i don't know if this is correct or not, but i heard that Jim Caviezel had a metal plate on his back that was covered with fake flesh looking material, so that they'd scourge him and only pull off fake skin. they did miss their mark a few times from what i heard...

i really did like the end of the movie. i heard a few people say that they would have liked to see more on the ressurection, but i thought that was missing the point. the title of the movie is the PASSION of the Christ, not the Passion and Ressurection of the Christ. i also thought that it was cool, because i knew what was coming after that, and it only helped to comfort me (and possibly others) towards the end of the movie.

Posted (edited)

2. I'm sure it was all special effects. However, in interviews Jim Caviezel admitted he was struck by lighting, dislocated his shoulder, and suffered hypothermia during the filming -- so he did experience pain.

4. I thought the ending was uplifting. However, I always imagined the Resurrection being filled with light streaming from Jesus' body.

Edited by Archangel
Posted

2. I was talking to someone who saw something about that on tv. He said that they did it all digitally.

Homestarlover85
Posted

I liked the ending to the movie. It got me pretty hype, when I saw the nail holes in his hand. It was like HECK YEA, We all know what happened, or we wouldnt be here right now. But boy di I get chills when I saw him walk out of the tomb. THough I didnt realize how much I liked the ending until the next day, because I couldnt speak after I saw the movie :ph34r:

cmotherofpirl
Posted (edited)

He really was hit by the whip and has a 14 inch scar to prove it. The crucifixion scene took five weeks to shoot in the middle of winter.

Edited by cmotherofpirl
Posted

[quote name='cathgirl' date='Mar 14 2004, 08:36 PM'] This is all that I could find in the Bible about what Herod said

On hearing this Pilate asked if the man was a Galilean; and upon learning that he was under Herod's jurisdiction, he sent him to Herod who was in Jerusalem at that time. Herod was very glad to see Jesus; he had been wanting to see him for a long time, for he had heard about him and had been hoping to see him perform some sign. He questioned him at length, but he gave him no answer. The chief priests and scribes, meanwhile, stood by accusing him harshly. (Even) Herod and his soldiers treated him contemptuously and mocked him, and after clothing him in resplendent garb, he sent him back to Pilate. Herod and Pilate became friends that very day, even though they had been enemies formerly. Pilate then summoned the chief priests, the rulers, and the people and said to them, "You brought this man to me and accused him of inciting the people to revolt. I have conducted my investigation in your presence and have not found this man guilty of the charges you have brought against him, nor did Herod, for he sent him back to us. So no capital crime has been committed by him. Therefore I shall have him flogged and then release him."

Like 23:6-16 [/quote]
O.K. Thanks I just wanted to make sure that was biblical, thanks for providing that passage!

God bless ya!

Posted

[quote name='Archangel' date='Mar 14 2004, 10:29 PM'] 2. I'm sure it was all special effects. However, in interviews Jim Caviezel admitted he was struck by lighting, dislocated his shoulder, and suffered hypothermia during the filming -- so he did experience pain.

4. I thought the ending was uplifting. However, I always imagined the Resurrection being filled with light streaming from Jesus' body. [/quote]
That is what I pictured it.

I so want to go see it again!

Posted

what about the cross levitating...and Mary Magdalene's awe expression...that was pretty subtle of Mel G...i thinnk it will be awesome to see it again on Good Friday before Mass.

Homestarlover85
Posted

Good Point Jericho. I never noticed that before you mentioned it. It makes me want to see the movie again.

Posted

I have to watch it again. I can't wait till it comes out on DVD. I'll probably wear my copy out within the first few days. :D

Homestarlover85
Posted

you know me and my friends were talking about it comin out on dvd....

i wonder if i would want to buy it. It was just so intense for me, that I dont know how I could watch it. Another thing is that I WANT it to be an experience, and not just another movie...

but, you know i probably will buy it, just watch it about every 2 years

Posted

[quote name='Homestarlover85' date='Mar 19 2004, 12:35 PM'] you know me and my friends were talking about it comin out on dvd....

i wonder if i would want to buy it. It was just so intense for me, that I dont know how I could watch it. Another thing is that I WANT it to be an experience, and not just another movie...

but, you know i probably will buy it, just watch it about every 2 years [/quote]
There was this one woman I heard, from EWTN, Rosalind Moss. She was Jewish then became aProtestant then a convert to Catholicism. She said that when it comes out on DVD, she'll watch it every week!

Posted

I love hearing her speak! She is amazing!
You know, I thought about how I could watch that every week---HEY! Isn't that what MASS is supposed to be!!??? We are there for REAL at the foot of the Cross every Sunday!!!!

OH yeah!!! I have seen the Passion three times now (took two different friends after I saw it the first time who didn't want to go alone). It struck me, I should go to Mass with the same awe and reverence. That next Sunday I really concentrated on the Mass and the meaning of all that is spoken. WOW.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...